TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EricMM

Yay or Nay...

Guest Princess Leena

Yay.

Simply because it's unintentionally realistic.

For exactly the reason Mole stated. (I agree with him for once, WTF.)

It was obvious Emilio liked Ally as the movie went on... but, didn't admit anything until she "dropped her shell", or more accurately, looked good enough.

The geek ended up getting nothing.

The movie is a fine reality check for young people. It doesn't matter how you act, what you do, how your parents treat you... if you have the look (or the inherited money), you have all the fun and an easier life. If you don't, life will be miserable for you.

I'll say yay. When you're 12, it's awesome.

Beyond that, Ally Sheedy is awesome, Judd Neslson's rebelliousness is sorta cute. (Shit what was he, 25?) The teacher is awesome. It's not a great movie by any stretch, but it's so much better than any teen movie I've seen in recent memory.

Plus the David Bowie opening and closing fucking rule. Hands down. Right now, it's just pure nostalgia, but it's good nostalgia.

I do think Ally Sheedy shouldn't've ended up with Amelio Estevez. Though when he sees her made up, his *ungh, boner... hormones risings! GIRL!" face is priceless.

EDIT: And I'm not too much for 80's comedies. I think Porky's sucks. I think Caddyshack Sucks.

I've always liked the idea of having the geek write the paper for everyone at the end. Also the fact that he got no woman at the end.

That's why I could relate to this movie and found it a realistic portrayl of high school.

With the exception of Porkys, for some reason.

Porky's is a horrible movie...too many random things going on. Nothing makes sense. It feels like watching a sketch show.

Certainly not me.

I fuckin love this movie.

Jay_Dogma.jpg

Where all the honey's are top shelf, but all the dudes are whiney pussies. Except for Judd Nelson, he was fuckin harsh!