TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers

*Jerry Lynn wins the ladder match, earning a title shot at Chris Sabin, defeating Senshi, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, and Austin Starr in the process. Bob Backlund came out during the match, putting Starr in the crossface chicken wing.

Didn't they plug an Ultimate X during the special last night?

Yes, but they showed a ladder match. Sorta.

I was just wondering why they named Lynn the #1 Contender if they're going to do an UX at Destination X, which usually has at least 3 people in it.

Perhaps he gets the title shot before Destination X or Ultimate X isn't going to be used for the title match.

World Title in Ultimate X: Christian Cage vs Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle.

That'd be unique, to be sure.

We know Joe can do U.X.

Christian's done ladder matches, maybe he could.

Could Angle though?

Why can't Russo come up with any new feuds? How many times do we need to see Sting vs. Abyss, AJ Styles vs. Rhino, Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn and L.A.X. vs. Team 3D? Any why do they all have to have multiple gimmick matches with stupid names?

Why can't Russo come up with any new feuds? How many times do we need to see Sting vs. Abyss, AJ Styles vs. Rhino, Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn and L.A.X. vs. Team 3D? Any why do they all have to have multiple gimmick matches with stupid names?

Now I'm not one to defend Russo since I think most of his booking sucks, but I have to give him credit here. Seems like fans get upset when feuds are either blown off after one match, or the feud ignored/forgotten after the one match. Granted the gimmick names are horrible, but at least they're being booked like actual feuds.

Now I'm not one to defend Russo since I think most of his booking sucks, but I have to give him credit here. Seems like fans get upset when feuds are either blown off after one match, or the feud ignored/forgotten after the one match. Granted the gimmick names are horrible, but at least they're being booked like actual feuds.

The problem is that nothing is being resolved in some of these feuds. Rhino & AJ had a regular match first, and now they're going on gimmick match # 3. Sting & Abyss have been involved in a singles match, two triangle matches, and they will now be going on gimmick match # 2. LAX & Team 3D had a regular match, and now they're on gimmick match # 2. I was fairly interested in TNA last fall, but the last three PPVs or so have seemed exactly the same... same matches, different gimmicks that will resolve nothing.

Sounds like there are too many cooks in the kitchen to me one guy wants to run the feud forever, one wants to have gimmick matches, the third guy tries to sabotage everything.

By the way, in case you guys wondered just how far the X Division has fallen I watched some of the AJ Styles DVD last night after the special and saw the 3 way with Lynn and Lo-Ki from Aug. 2002. Just an awesome, mindblowing match right there, probably ****3/4 (the only deduction being for a pointless ref bump at the finish).

Hearing about and then downloading action like that was what made me give this promotion a real chance back in the day. These days it's hardly the same product, and that goes for all the divisions, and it explains why they can't get past a certain buyrate.