TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers

Impact:

*NWA Tag Team champions LAX defeated Shark Boy and Norman Smiley. Team 3D appeared on the screens and challenged LAX to a "Belting Pot Match". Steve Schiripa from the Sopranos were with Team 3D.

*Team 3D defeated NWA Tag Team champions LAX in a "Belting Pot Match" (Lumberjacks with straps). The match was non-title.

*Scott Steiner does an in-ring promo. Kurt Angle comes out and they brawl. Christian Cage and Tomko come out and they take down Angle. Samoa Joe and several others make the save.

*Christian Cage cuts a promo about Scott Steiner and Tomko, saying he wants both to "do the right thing" in the Gauntlet for the Gold. Both of them say they want to win.

*Backstage, Ms. Brooks and Eric Young are with Robert Roode. Roode tells Young he's stupid and he better make sure Roode wins the Gauntlet.

*Gail Kim defeats Ms. Tennnessee in an Arm Wrestling match. James Storm attacks Kim. Petey Williams and Chris Harris make the save.

*They announce a ladder match to determine the top contender for the X-Division championship will take place next week with Senshi, Jerry Lynn, Austin Starr, Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt competing.

*Gauntlet for the Gold: The final three competitors were Samoa Joe, Tomko and Scott Steiner. Joe pinned Tomko to earn an NWA championship match at Christian Cage at the Destination X PPV in March.

*They filmed a Pros & Joes promo with Don West and former NFL star Andre Rison. Abyss comes out and hits Rison with the Black Hole Slam.

*AJ Styles comes out and the Elevation X structure and issues a challenge. Rhino accepts for an Elevation X Scaffold match.

*James Storm & Bobby Roode & Eric Young defeated VKM & Lance Hoyt. Harris and Storm battled after the bell.

*They hold a contract signing for Scott Steiner vs. Kurt Angle at Destination X. Also announced was Abyss vs. Sting. Angle and Steiner begin brawling. Christian Cage and Tomko come out. Angle is left laying in the ring.

*Jerry Lynn wins the ladder match, earning a title shot at Chris Sabin, defeating Senshi, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, and Austin Starr in the process. Bob Backlund came out during the match, putting Starr in the crossface chicken wing.

Xplosion:

*TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin pinned Shark Boy in a non-title match.

*Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal & Petey Williams defeated Serotonin.

My god thats a lot for a one hour show.

But hey, a shark boy sighting! yay!

I think they were taping for two hours worth there.

Apparently I'm in the minority, but how are these spoilers so horrible? This doesnt sound that bad really at all. Joe gets his title shot at the next ppv, Angle/Steiner is official, Styles/Rhino is the new scaffold match idea, and we get Lynn/Sabin and Sting/Abyss again. And we get which might be a fun ladder match and gaunlet, given the fact we got little to no details on matchtime or what all happens in each match.

I'm all for being critical when critical is deserved, but I don't see whats worth bashing on in these spoilers. Calling these results or the booking of them "insane" is a stretch when so little is revealed here if you ask me. Sure the ppv last night was mediocre, but this sounds like a step in the right direction to me, towards the next ppv at least. I'll reserve judgment on the shows until I see them.

Apparently I'm in the minority, but how are these spoilers so horrible?

I'm all for being critical when critical is deserved, but I don't see whats worth bashing on in these spoilers.

Take a look at the booking. The matches might look good, but the booking is terrible.

I'm all for being critical when critical is deserved, but I don't see whats worth bashing on in these spoilers.

Take a look at the booking. The matches might look good, but the booking is terrible.

I can hardly tell shit from a booking end going by these results. It gives no match times, no information on the matches themselves, etc.

I can hardly tell shit from a booking end going by these results.

Team 3D versus LAX in a stipluation match, and it's a stipluation that has the mandatory stupid name, is given away with NO BUILD.

Bobby Roode is acting like Eric Young is this incompetent screw up, even though he's spent so much time trying to sign him, and Roode entrusts Young with helping him win an NWA Title shot. Does that make any sense?

The Chrstian group has only just been put together, and they're already teasing tension.

While we don't know the finish of the Gauntlett for the Gold match, I'll wager that it doesn't see Joe going over strong, and there's probably all sorts of b.s involved.

Rhino and AJ, two good to great workers, put in a match that guarantees they can't possibly have a good match.

Scott Steiner vs. Kurt Angle. Yeah, it looks good, but you've got one of three finishes possible;

1) Steiner wins, meaning Kurt loses yet again and means even less

2) Angle wins, meaning Steiner loses steam right after his big return

3) A no-contest or screwy finish where one guy or neither guy wins, thus pissing the fans off.

Why am I rooting for Angle to get revenge over Christian's group when he was just breaking Joe's girlfriend's ankle last month? The tension in Xtian's group I don't mind because Steiner's character is an asshole and it stays true to that...but why would he join Christian's group in the first place and why does he hate Angle? Steiner should be the tweener who is fucking over face Joe's run after after Xtian's title. They need to keep it simple. Less is more most of the time, which they don't seem to get at all.

This show has just turned into a bunch of guys pretending to fight each other.

I wonder how much tv time the ladder match will actually get. Thats a lot of people to be in a ladder match thats on a one hour show, so I'm wondering if it came off as a big trainwreck or if they actually give it a lot of tv time and it looks good. Either way I'm looking forward to the ladder match.

As the longest standing TNA fan...

I don't actually care about IMPACT!.

There ratings go up...and I don't watch....

But next month I get Joe's first NWA title shot, Sting vs. Abyss (which is any decent Sting TNA match so far), Lynn vs. Sabin, An Angle/Stenier match that is fresh and intriguing in a weird way (maybe because Joe took Steiner to really good in that ring) AND another Styles/Rhino match (call it a scaffold...and there is a scaffold...but lets just see how AJ uses it before we judge).

Before its over we'll see 3D/LAX, Harris/Storm (who will, IMO, tear the house down in there rematch at Lockdown. that's an old school bloody cage match if ever there was one) and they'll throw the X guys into something.

Booking be damned. Talent will carry us home.

I just wanna know why everything has such a god damn stupid name...Vince Russo and his fucking gimmick booking, now he's adding dumbass names to his bad booking.

From Mike Johnson:

There were a lot of happy people last night following the TNA Impact taping as the feeling internally was that it was one of the better tapings the company has produced of late. SpikeTV officials were in attendance at the taping and hosted a party for TNA after the taping last night.

I just wanna know why everything has such a god damn stupid name...Vince Russo and his fucking gimmick booking, now he's adding dumbass names to his bad booking.

"Elevation X: You Can't Get Any Closer To The Lord"

Harris/Storm (who will, IMO, tear the house down in there rematch at Lockdown. that's an old school bloody cage match if ever there was one)

Booking be damned. Talent will carry us home.

I Quit or Last Man Standing cause you know it can't be a regular cage match it needs a stip!

"Elevation X: You Can't Get Any Closer To The Lord"

To get closer to the hardcore e-fed internet fans?

According to a poster at another board....

According to some in attendance, the scaffolding setup is completely undsturdy. Rhino apparently had to drop down on his knees halfway through his promo up there because it was wobbling so much. And that was just a single man up there, standing still and talking.

This just gets funnier and funnier.

Bps, did you start watching TNA from their very first show back in like June 2002? I think I first saw one of their weekly PPVs in late July or August of 2002.

By the way, in case you guys wondered just how far the X Division has fallen I watched some of the AJ Styles DVD last night after the special and saw the 3 way with Lynn and Lo-Ki from Aug. 2002. Just an awesome, mindblowing match right there, probably ****3/4 (the only deduction being for a pointless ref bump at the finish).

*Jerry Lynn wins the ladder match, earning a title shot at Chris Sabin, defeating Senshi, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, and Austin Starr in the process. Bob Backlund came out during the match, putting Starr in the crossface chicken wing.

Didn't they plug an Ultimate X during the special last night?

Yes, but they showed a ladder match. Sorta.

Yes, but they showed a ladder match. Sorta.

I was just wondering why they named Lynn the #1 Contender if they're going to do an UX at Destination X, which usually has at least 3 people in it.