TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Exotic foods

I honestly think that most of the reviews are just set out to trick us. (not gourmet foods, like Foie gras, which I probably misspelled.)

So I went out with a female friend who is Chinese, and just RAVES about this lopcal place. Authentic chinese, how mama made it, etc. etc.

And to preface, I'm fairly adventurous.

Soooo..... I eat a jellyfish. It's not bad per se, but it's like japanese seaweed salad only with no taste, and way too expensive. All the taste came from sesame oil, and the texture was pretty crappy. You bite, then your teeth *snap* through the jellyfish. The she recommended me some awful fucking seaweed pungent soup while she ate dumplings that looked great. Then we wait and wait. And when I asked for a diet coke, the waitress looked like I had asked to fuck her dog.

Jesus what a crappy experience. Fucking General Tso's for me!

I honestly think that most of the reviews are just set out to trick us. (not gourmet foods, like Foie gras, which I probably misspelled.)

So I went out with a female friend who is Chinese, and just RAVES about this lopcal place. Authentic chinese, how mama made it, etc. etc.

And to preface, I'm fairly adventurous.

Soooo..... I eat a jellyfish. It's not bad per se, but it's like japanese seaweed salad only with no taste, and way too expensive. All the taste came from sesame oil, and the texture was pretty crappy. You bite, then your teeth *snap* through the jellyfish. The she recommended me some awful fucking seaweed pungent soup while she ate dumplings that looked great. Then we wait and wait. And when I asked for a diet coke, the waitress looked like I had asked to fuck her dog.

Jesus what a crappy experience. Fucking General Tso's for me!

Ditto.

I think it depends on the cuisine and additionally the region it comes from. Lots of ethnic cuisines come from many different regions in the country, Chinese, Mexican, and Italian are some that come to mind, hell even here in the states but then again we tend to rip off and hmogenize everything in having different tastes and menus. Some good some bad.