TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Queen Leelee

TSM Arcade Thread.

Guest Eagle Man
Naming the entire UN is like having to rattle off the entire 1987 WWF roster, and having to name all the jobbers they were using.

Haven't done this yet, but if it's like states, where it just says "name them--go!", then you've gotta have a plan. You have to go continent to continent, north-to-south or west-to-east, because if you just cherry-pick what comes to mind first, you'll never do it.

Naming the entire UN is like having to rattle off the entire 1987 WWF roster, and having to name all the jobbers they were using.

Haven't done this yet, but if it's like states, where it just says "name them--go!", then you've gotta have a plan. You have to go continent to continent, north-to-south or west-to-east, because if you just cherry-pick what comes to mind first, you'll never do it.

Yeah, that's what I did. I went North America-South America-Oceania-Asia-Europe-Africa, just one continuous loop around the world.

I did 49 of the states in like 5 minutes, freaked out for another 4, then thought "okay let's go original 13. first one was Delaware, s---OH. FUCKING DELAWARE."

Same thing happened to me! I had 48 in 4-5 minutes, and then got Maryland when I ran down sports teams. Then with 6 seconds left I remembered Wayne's World and got Delaware

I tried to remember Yakko's song from the end of Animaniacs. Since I could only remember up to "Panama", and that left a geographical gap out of Central America, I scrapped the idea quickly.

Improved by one, but Eastern Europe is still my bane (I managed to forget Armenia and Romania this time).

Is French Guiana not a UN member? And I will never ever be able to properly spell Krygystan.

Guest Eagle Man

Armenia isn't in Eastern Europe, it's in the Caucasus. And yes, French Guyana is an overseas department of France. Guyana and Suriname are independent. Oh, and Kyrgyzstan.

I tried to remember Yakko's song from the end of Animaniacs. Since I could only remember up to "Panama", and that left a geographical gap out of Central America, I scrapped the idea quickly.

That's what I do. Unfortunately, I can only remember parts of the song that list countries I already know.

I give you props, chaosrage; it was a valiant effort... You're the only cat here that even makes me work for it. Hell, that's why the high score was so low in the first place; when people can't reach 300K, why shoot for a million?

Guest Queen Leelee

i would but i cant sit through 30 minutes+ of tetris

Especially when adminbodt will just delete it anyway.

I got 49 of 50 with 5:05 to go. Minnesota was, inexplicably, the one I missed, especially since I spent 5-3 minutes remaining trying to figure it out by sports teams in that state.

47 countries missed. They're sticklers for spelling and hypenation, thus my not getting credit for Bosnia-Hersegovinia (sp.), Tuvalu (sp.), Guinea-Bissau, (no-hyphen the first time). I second the Congo thing. DPR Congo didn't work for TCFKA Zaire, and Congo didn't work for me either (unless I spelled it wrong).

Baron missed 45, but we still butted heads over which was worse; my missing Hungary and China, or his missing Poland and Japan. Fuck it, I'm trying it again.

I just missed Germany, Switzerland, and Denmark.

Guest Eagle Man

Oh bullshit. You mean to tell me you remembered Equatorial Guinea, Seychelles, Mauritius, and Dominica, but couldn't remember goddamned Germany?

Oh bullshit. You mean to tell me you remembered Equatorial Guinea, Seychelles, Mauritius, and Dominica, but couldn't remember goddamned Germany?

Believe it. I can name about 105 countries. For whatever reason, I forget a country like Germany.

and that it was the only nation in Africa that was under Portuguese rule.

Mozambique and Angola without looking it up. Now I'll look it up.

Yeah, those two and Guinea-Bissau.

With a 20 or 30 minute time limit I could get real close. Those French territories would ruin me. I could do all the UN nations in 20 minutes easy.

With a 20 or 30 minute time limit I could get real close. Those French territories would ruin me. I could do all the UN nations in 20 minutes easy.

I'm the only person alive who knows what St. Pierre and Miquelon is.....yet I missed Japan.

and that it was the only nation in Africa that was under Portuguese rule.

Mozambique and Angola without looking it up. Now I'll look it up.

Yeah, those two and Guinea-Bissau.

I think you are wrong, unless Jeopardy is wrong.

I'm right.

Look it up on wiki. They couldn't stop talking about the Angola stuff during the World Cup when they played Portugal.

Guest Eagle Man

I'm the only person alive who knows what St. Pierre and Miquelon is.....yet I missed Japan.

Overseas department near Newfoundland. Eight years of French, pal.