TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Smackdown Spoilers for show airing on 03/09/07

That's bullshit. The win is good for Kennedy but it's bad business for ECW when they job one of their most popular stars clean.

Other than CW wants it on Friday and it just did the best rating it had done in 2 years not long ago........

I think Smackdowns biggest problem is perception. I know plenty of people who don't watch it when they're at home even if they watch Raw because 'Raw is better than Smackdown" and always will be in their minds no matter what.

Where else would you put Smackdown? Tuesday night belongs to Gilmore Girls and they can't air the show live. Wednesday is a possble choice but that's reality night for CW and they get good ratings there. Thursday was killing Smackdown.

Aside from Wednesday nights, there isn't another night for Smackdown. Ratings are up on Fridays which can also be attributed to a stronger show since moving.

JBL's burial of Punk was crazy, ending with a markout line:

"Welcome to the Friday Nights kid, now go home." was said SO coldly right when Kennedy hit the finishing blow. Then a clean 3 count.

Say what you want about movesets, indies, pushes, heat, etc...Kennedy looked like the bigger star in the match and deserved to win it, and it was a good momentum-building match for WM.

With the exception of a few special times, Smackdown has always been taped. ECW is only live out of convenience.

and at this point, eveyone used to say a live Smackdown would get better ratings, but I dont think thats the case anymore.

I've always wondered why they can do Raw and ECW live every week but not Smackdown?

That's because smackdown is on network tv with local channels while the other shows are on cable

and at this point, eveyone used to say a live Smackdown would get better ratings, but I dont think thats the case anymore.

I think it's absolutely the case. I know I would watch Smackdown a lot more if I didn't always have the results two days in advance.