Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 3/15 Impact Thread

Preview:

dxaftermath.gif

316impact.gif

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY'S "iMPACT!" ON SPIKE TV

TNA Begins The Road To The April 15 "Lockdown" PPV

This Thursday night on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV, the wrestling world will feel the aftermath of the "Destination X" Pay-Per-View as TNA begins the road to the April 15 "Lockdown" epic event from St. Louis.

- As announced on Sunday's "Destination X", TNA management director Jim Cornette has a major announcement to make concerning "Lockdown". TNAwrestling.com has learned that the first match for the upcoming epic event will be revealed on Thursday night on SpikeTV.

- Team 3D of Brother Ray, Brother Devon and Brother Runt will reunite this Thursday night for six-man action against Alex Shelley and The Latin American Xchange! At Sunday's event, Alex Shelley cost 3D the bout against LAX - now Team 3D is out for revenge as Brother Ray and Devon have recruited Brother Runt to go back to war!

- Also this Thursday night, it will be a three-way X Division match with Jerry Lynn vs. Jay Lethal vs. Kaz of Serotonin! After his controversial loss to Chris Sabin on Sunday night, can Jerry Lynn rebound? Also, will the returning "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels be in attendance? Will we find out more about why Daniels attacked both Lynn and Sabin on Sunday night?

All this and much more this Thursday night, including an update on AJ Styles (who took the plunge from the top of the Elevation X on Sunday night), the fallout from Christian Cage overcoming Samoa Joe to retain the World Title, the status of Abyss after he he lost the "Last Rites" match to Sting and so much more!

Catch "iMPACT!" this Thursday night on SpikeTV starting at 9pm - including more news on the upcoming "Lockdown" epic event!

Discuss:

AJ mentioned the feud between Rhino and Christian. That is the first time in a long time a previous feud was mentioned and the reason this feud started.

I like Shelly teaming with LAX. It gives them another dimention, plus it expands his character as far as doing anything for a dollar.

I don't know if I would have dragged the opening angle over two segments, but it still came across pretty well. So far it looks like we'll have Styles joining the Christian Coalition against Angle, Joe and Rhino.

I remember when I first heard that Nash was coming in to TNA to work with the X-Division guys I thought it would kill the division. It seems to have actaully breathed some life into it. He helped Shelly and Austin Starr get more over. Now they have him with Dutt and Lethal, I am interested to see where this goes.

It's kind of ominous knowing that LAX will have to lose to 3D eventually, though.

LAX is probably going to be taking a 3D at LockDown. Hopefully 3D won't have a long run though. In something totally unrelated, I really enjoyed the X-D match on this show. It wasn't that long, but it seemed like it was because they got more time than anything did until last week. The spots were creative, which is something Impact has been missing for awhile.

I believe this is the first episode since Jarrett announced that the matches will be getting more TV time, at least taping wise. You can see that things this time weren't rushed and everything seemed to flow nicely. I really enjoyed last nights show, except for the Raven promo. I couldn't understand a thing he said with that thing over his mouth, plus why rename the wrestlers just to have them leave the group?

A couple things that bother me:

Alex Shelley looked alittle puffy

Christopher Daniels with a beard and paint around the eye....is he joining Seretonin? Raven, Fallen Daniels, Kaz = awesome

What the hell happened to Austin Starr's push and why is Jay Lethal getting the Macho Man gimmick

Bob Backland is growing on me just keep him out of the ring

OMG who is Eric Young's mystery friend on the phone IS HE FROM CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA?

Adriane Rush does not need to be on every week.

Well, after watching Xavier beat BYU (woot!~) I watched Impact recorded. I'm not quite as ready to give up on TNA as I thought earlier in the day, it was a decent enough show. I hate the thought of 3D beating LAX, but if it means a big Homicide singles push then it's not a bad thing.

I missed the first half of the show and joined in about half way through the 3D/LAX match. Which was pretty good. Not great. But pretty good.

From the Adrenalin Rush replay, the XD match looked quite good, ill have to catch a replay.

The Raven promo SHOULD have been good, but it was ruined by that stupid thing he has round his mouth. And the top hat looked gay. Raven needs the long black hair he had during his NWA title run and wear just a white suit, that would work. This current look just makes him look ill (which i know he is, but still).

And TBH, im quite looking forward to seeing Sting/Abyss take on Cage/AJ.

Show was definately not too bad for recent Impact standards. I hope they stick with the AJ/Christian alliance (w/ Steiner, Tomko) long term, could be alright.