TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Buffy the Complete Box Set (Seasons 1-7)

Saw that, but like most Buffy geeks I bought them the first time through. Not paying again for a cool box and ONE extra disk. But an absolute kickass buy for someone who doesn't own the seasons

I might take them up on this offer. My friend is loaning me all the seasons, and i'm just beginning season 3 now, and it's phenomenal. I don't know why I didnt' give this series the time of day when it was on the air.

That one disc is actually pretty good. It's about an hour or so and has a bunch of people from the show (of course no Sarah) talking about the series.

Honestly, I can't watch this show anymore. I downloaded Becoming Pt 2 on iTunes and it just wasn't the same. Even though it was one of my favorite episodes, I've seen the show way too many times. Maybe I'll watch it again in 10 years or something.

Same here. I haven't watched an episode in years and I think I'm years away from ever doing so...however I think I could run through Angel now on DVD if I wanted to

What's considered the best season?

I just got done with season 2, and I was ten times more absorbed in it than I was with season 1. Season three is shaping up to be pretty good. Love the addition of Faith, and Seth Green isn't annoying for once.

I think the old Buffy threads had about 20 pages of discussion over what the best seasons were. I personally loved season 3, but it seemed like most people liked season 2 the best. Season 5 also has it's supporters.

My favorite is Season 3, followed by Season 2, then Season 5 although S2 and S5 can interchange depending on the mood. S3 just has too many great episodes, storylines, and characters to not be #1 for me.

Oh no, more best season talk.

5 - Glory, the key, the death and Spike's big face turn. And that EVERY episode builds up to the finale is amazing and you never really see that anymore. There wasn't one stand-alone episode. Even "The Body" fit perfect with the season's storyline.

3 - Faith, the Mayor, and 7-3-0. Nuffy said. Plus it had my favorite episode ever, "The Wish" in it.

6 - I am a big fan of the season mostly because they tried something different and the show went a lot darker. It felt more like Angel than any other season.

2 - Too many stand-alone episodes for this to be higher though Angel's heel turn was awesome. Plus we were introduced to Spike.

7 - Started out VERY strong but had toooo many Slayers. That first episode with all the big bads circling Spike was awesome.

4 - I hate Riley and the whole initiative was fucking dumb. Plus the Big Bad was introduced WAYY to late into the season. I believe it was episode 14 and it didn't appear in every epsidoe after that. The Yoko Factor was a good episode though.

1 - Too short and too many "monster of the week" episodes. The Master was awesome though.

I will probably watch the whole series again with either my niece or nephew. My niece is a big fan of fantasy stuff so I think she would really dig it. She's 15 so I'll wait until she is 17 or so because, well, if she was younger I would feel awkward with all the sex stuff. I guess that 10 year thing is too long.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I just saw "beauty and the beast" in season 3, and the end action sequence was just awesome. You got Pete, the dr jekyll/mr hyde guy fighting seth. The moon comes out, seth goes "the rules change now" and he turns into badass werewolf and kicks tail on Pete. Faith and buffy then come in and go to town on both of them. Later, pete is whaling on buffy and then ANGEL freaking does the run in to make the save. I marked out. I'm a geek.

I just sold the Buffy series on Amazon for $152.00 after buying it for the $100.00. It was about a $30 profit because the Amazon Marketplace takes a certain %.

2 and 3 were some quality television. Becoming Pt. 2's end still makes me a tad emotional when I see it or hear "Full of Grace". I want an Angel box set or an entire set with BTVS, Angel and the Season 8 comics.

I also believe that season 4 has the best stand alone episodes.

Hush, yo!

Actually I'm working through the series on DVD myself, and I'm on that season. But the overall arc is rather lacking, and at this point they seemed to have no idea what the hell to do with Giles.

Anya (TSM poster that is) and I were simul-playing it and exchanging IMs about it. Her seeing it about a billion times and me for the first time. So far (just seen Pangs) it seems rather disappointing compared to 3.

As I mentioned before, I just recently started regularly watching the 4 AM (Pacific) syndicated Buffy episodes on FX. I knew they were later episodes, but after missing a couple days, I saw that they were abck to 1997.

The episode right now is "The Witch", episode 3 of season 1. So for people like me, now's a good time to jump in, although I will still buy the DVDs eventually.

SPIKE: Oh, it's you.

XANDER: (closes door) I saw you ... in the cemetery with Buffy.

SPIKE: Yeah? (with bravado) Can't see how it's any business of yours.

XANDER: It is my business because Buffy's my friend .. and she's gone through some stuff lately that ... well, it's affected her, and you're taking advantage of her.

SPIKE: (sighs) She's upset about her mum. (takes a drag on his cigarette) And if she turns to me for comfort, well, I'm not gonna deny it to her. I'm not a monster.

XANDER: Yes. You are a monster. Vampires are monsters. They make monster movies about them.

SPIKE: (sarcastic) Well, yeah, you got me there.

Season 5~!

5 is probably my favorite. But i haven't watched them in years now either.

I just got done going through the entire Angel series (good god did season one suck. I mean there were some great eps sprinkled in, but for the most part....GEEbus. I mean the sex slave girls with the glowy thing on their necks....what the fuck?)

Just wanted to chime in for those catching onto Buffy or watching through Season 1 now on FX... The Pack is a really good (underrated IMO) episode.

1: One of the first deaths of a "big character" in Principal Flutie.

2: Xander sets the stage for Angelus and Spike in future seasons, attempting to basically rape Buffy, and works a very dark edge.

3: We get the first instance of angst in the whole Buffy, Willow, and Xander friend triangle (in regards to any romanticism between any of them).

4: We get a glimpse of how Willow feels about the fact that Buffy is garnering the attention from Xander, a huge moment for her "character wise" although Buffy kind of overlooks the big deal of the situation (also look for the kicking of Xander when they put him in the library cage... hee).

I could be wrong, but I don't think Angel ever got the box set treatment in North America. The UK set is more cube-ish like the Buffy box. I'm not sure what that picture is.

I missed this sale, but Best Buy Canada had the 5 Angel slim sets for $90 a few weeks ago. Now I'm broke again, but at least I can watch Smile Time whenever I want. :D

"2: Xander sets the stage for Angelus and Spike in future seasons, attempting to basically rape Buffy, and works a very dark edge."

Yeah, now that I think about it, who DIDN'T try to rape Buffy? You'd think they started a club or something.

"2: Xander sets the stage for Angelus and Spike in future seasons, attempting to basically rape Buffy, and works a very dark edge."

Yeah, now that I think about it, who DIDN'T try to rape Buffy? You'd think they started a club or something.

Giles! Good ol Giles.

I think it's kind of silly that you're using spoiler tags for a show that's like 10 years old.

I was only using spoilers tags because Matt Young posted in the thread about jumping into the show for the first time (or from what I gather, not having seen the early seasons). Why spoil his fun?