TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

On The Lot...

Anybody see this tonight? I was pleasantly surprised, and the potential for this show could be huge. Brett Rattner as a Simon-esque judge could be entertaining.

I didn't watch this, but the notion of Brett Ratner evaluating anything critically is hilarious.

Well, every show with judges needs a Paula Abdul, right?

In all seriousness though, Ratner's a good choice since the guy's not even 40 and can probably relate to the assigned tasks (and competitors) better than Gary or Carrie could. And I'm sure that he's done enough things WRONG to be able to be critical about it, even if it's a Pot-Kettle-Black thing.

But the funny thing is that when he says that he's seen all the contestants' films, I believe him. He seems like the kind of nut that would do that.

Guest Vitamin X

And Project Greenlight was actually decent. I hate the whole idea of this show, for the same reason any other struggling indie filmmaker or film student out there does.

Here's an idea, Spielberg: Instead of tossing all your money in the toilet for yet another reality game show, bust out some scholarships or grants to filmmakers out there trying to get into the industry, and help them produce a movie. Tarantino does, and I know this because the chair of the film department at my last school in Florida (fellow by the name of John Maass) had a film produced by him. Sure it sucked, and I don't think it got much publicity, but it's better than the other "name" directors out there are doing.

I'm in the minority, but I really dig this show. If given more time, a new host, etc, it could be great. People HATED American Idol when it debuted, after all.

I'm in the minority, but I really dig this show. If given more time, a new host, etc, it could be great. People HATED American Idol when it debuted, after all.

I like Gary Marshall on this. For "Ghetta Rhoom", everyone else is dancing around saying "retarded", but Gary doesn't give a shit - he comes right out and says it.

He's also blatantly leering at the host, which is fun in a creepy old man kinda way.

The judges in the contest don't add anything to the show. They need someone who is Simon Cowell-like and completely blunt who will rip into someone if the flick sucks. The ratings are piss-poor anyway so I don't think Fox is going to let the show last. Plus the host sucks