TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

Someone needs to lay a good hit on him. I still wish Scott Stevens was still playing, he would taught Crosby and Ovechkin a lesson or two.

Shanahan is staying with the Rangers.

I don't see it as a "Gretzky" rule. Gretzky wasn't touched not because he was a star, but because he had a guy who would beat the tar out of anyone who dared hit him. The idea that the stars shouldn't be touched because they're stars isn't bad, but there should be more substance to it.

I see this as leading to a discussion of how the instigator rule should be abolished.

The way for hockey to get more popular is to have its most popular players injured.

I don't think special rules should apply to star players, but I don't think headhunting them is a good idea, either.

Their most marketable stars being injured would do wonders for the league.

So when you said that the first time, you meant it sincerely? I thought you were being facetious....I don't follow how Crosby or Ovechkin or Anze or Nash getting clobbered is a good thing for the marketability of the league.

Nash will be in that category once he has a player worth a shit to play with. The guy can flat out dominate a game.

Lubomir Visnovsky got a contract extension at 5.65 per year. Doesn't start until next year. Guy is getting paid 2 million this year, biggest bargain in the league at that price.

He's better than Timonen and getting paid less. Very good.

Lubomir Visnovsky got a contract extension at 5.65 per year. Doesn't start until next year. Guy is getting paid 2 million this year, biggest bargain in the league at that price.

I don't think he's the biggest bargain in the league...Kevin Bieksa is getting paid 550k this year.

Alexei Yashin, according to his agent Mark Gandler, is not happy with the contract offers he has received from NHL teams.

That's my favorite part.

You mean a guy who has been forced out of TWO franchises, one of which is willing to pay HIM 17 million to not play for them anymore is having a hard time getting serious offers? Really? The captain of the team who was BENCHED, demoted to the fourth line and had 0 points in the playoffs isn't getting anything he's happy with?

Go shit in your hat, Alexei.

I don't think he's the biggest bargain in the league...Kevin Bieksa is getting paid 550k this year.

Visnovsky being a legit #1 notwithstanding, Bieksa's still on his rookie contract. Not like he had a choice in the matter. Visnovsky's had that low money deal for a while.

About the schedule, we only play within the division in November. That'll be fun.

Yashin threatens to go to Russia if he doesn't start getting better offers:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213273&hubname=

You mean we may never have to hear from him again? AWESOME.

As thrilled as I was and presumably everyone else was here upon hearing the news, I can't imagine how elated CC must be. The rest of us only heard about his shit. CC had to endure it as a fan. Yecch....and I don't mean to take away from how bang-on Max was.

Better Russia than Montreal.

Is anyone surprised that Souray has not signed with anyone yet? I thought he'll be signed within the first week.

Is anyone surprised that Souray has not signed with anyone yet? I thought he'll be signed within the first week.

I read in the NY Daily News over the weekend he wants to wait to see what the Rangers offer him since he wants to play in NY. With the Rangers about to sign Marcel Hossa and Avery I don't think they will have enough money to get him.

He just signed with the Oilers. Terms of the deal not disclosed yet but it is rumoured to be 5 years, 27 million. I didn't really want this guy but anything is an upgrade at this point.