TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

The Sabres avoid arbitration by giving Derek Roy a well-earned raise, 24 mil over 4 years, up from $637,000 last year. 65 points in 75 games last season, including 21 goals. And that's playing on the third line.

Roy signed a six year deal, not four.

The Sabres avoid arbitration by giving Derek Roy a well-earned raise, 24 mil over 4 years, up from $637,000 last year. 65 points in 75 games last season, including 21 goals. And that's playing on the third line.

Roy signed a six year deal, not four.

I knew there was something wrong with Derek Roy getting $6m/yr.

It really makes no difference to me if they sign him or not. If they do get him for that price he'll probably be a 7th D-Man who will probably be in the press box more nights then not. Also, I'm kind of curious as to how the Montreal fans will respond to him. They pretty much booed him out of town during his last stint in Montreal

Breisbois would likely push Niinamma to the minors. He is a great PP man. He should pair up with Marc Streit, and for $700,000, I'm not complaining.

July 30th is when Montreal goes to Arbitration with Michael Ryder.

Burke knows what he is doing. Somehow he'll manage to keep Penner, Getzlaf and Perry for a long time.

No we believe in Burke, I was just posting what was in the Register this morning.

So I went to the Ducks "garage sale" and managed to pick up one of Travis Moen's practice sticks for 50 bucks. Unfortunately, they opened early and most of the good stuff was gone before I got there. But hey a Moen stick is still pretty good since he was pretty valuable in the playoffs.

Breisbois would likely push Niinamma to the minors. He is a great PP man. He should pair up with Marc Streit, and for $700,000, I'm not complaining.

July 30th is when Montreal goes to Arbitration with Michael Ryder.

Until the Habs can aquire a consistant goal scorer then they need to lock Ryder up for at least 2 or 3 years. Say what you want about him but the guy has 85 goals in his first 3 years on a team that doesn't score a lot. Sure his +/- sucked last year, but the whole top lines +/- was shit. It should improve with Souray gone

That new Panthers jersey is fugly. I'm not a fan of how most of the new jerseys are pretty much the same format, only re-colored

I don't mind the Predators ones all that much. I really hate the 'apron' thing that most of these new ones have going, though.

I assumed that the home teams would wear the colored jerseys again this year. Honestly, I think the NHL should tale a page out of the QMJHL's playbook when it comes to jerseys. They have the home teams wear the white jerseys for the first half of the year, and they wear the colored jerseys for the second half. Then they switch back to white for the playoffs. I like it because you get to see both of your teams jerseys at home.

I assumed that the home teams would wear the colored jerseys again this year. Honestly, I think the NHL should tale a page out of the QMJHL's playbook when it comes to jerseys. They have the home teams wear the white jerseys for the first half of the year, and they wear the colored jerseys for the second half. Then they switch back to white for the playoffs. I like it because you get to see both of your teams jerseys at home.

That sounds alright. White for home before the All-Star break, colours for post All-Star break up until the playoffs. Yeah, I like that.

Sean Avery was awarded 1.9 mil per year by an arbitrator. That's roughly 25% more than the league average, which makes sense since Avery has a 200% bigger mouth than the league average.

Burke is on fire on the teleconference.

"Would be just as dumb as the team who offered it if I matched."

" WE will be taking 3 draft picks back, and given Kevin's recent preformance I expect them to be excellent picks"

"Those guys would be higher on the list"

That one's in reference to what would happen if Getzlaf, Perry and Penner all had an offer sheet for Burke to match at the same time, a big kick in the junk to Penner for sure.

Burke is saying some funny shit, but he comes off like a big pussy with his whining.

" WE will be taking 3 draft picks back, and given Kevin's recent preformance I expect them to be excellent picks"

That one's in reference to what would happen if Getzlaf, Perry and Penner all had an offer sheet for Burke to match at the same time, a big kick in the junk to Penner for sure.

Burke is saying some funny shit, but he comes off like a big pussy with his whining.

Burke is a tool. Maybe if he didn't blow his cap space on Bertuzzi and Schneider he'd have no problem keeping Penner. He should have had his RFA locked up before he went dipping into the UFA pool.

Burke is a tool. Maybe if he didn't blow his cap space on Bertuzzi and Schneider he'd have no problem keeping Penner. He should have had his RFA locked up before he went dipping into the UFA pool.

No, Burke is a genius. He probably would have kept Penner if Lowe never made an offer. Taking three picks on an Edmonton team that is not going to make the playoffs next year, he's going to get good picks.