TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Anime

Guest RickyChosyu

Nope, but I've heard of it. Seems like one of those late-eighties/early ninties shows about mechs and police and what-not, which has never been my thing. Then again, I kinda like Patlabor, so you never know. Is it worth checking out?

Going with the recomendations idea, I just saw the new Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust movie and I have to say it's a billion times better than the originial. Anyone else seen this?

Platypus_Fool, how long is the Urereisi Yatsura TV? They were showing it for a while on public access here in the Bay Area, but stopped, for whatever reason. I also found it to be brilliant in it's own tricked out way, and I'd like to see more.

Guest razazteca

I have seen the series, well 4 episodes at a friends house recently on digital cable on of those Showtime channels on Monday night!!!!  And must say that its as good as I remember it, nostigia got me hooked on the show.

The Movie Fist of the North Star is an ultra violent fighting movie but holds true to the themes that have been established in several other anime series of its type, such as loyality, honor, revenge, fighting the MAN.  Fist of North Star is basically a DBZish show but without the humor and I like it for what it is, a fighting series with some adult themes.

As for the live action movie produce by Cinamax or Showtime starring Gary Daniels and Costas Manadar, Van Peebles, Penn is pure crap.  Words cannot express how I dislike it so much.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Nope, but I've heard of it. Seems like one of those late-eighties/early ninties shows about mechs and police and what-not, which has never been my thing. Then again, I kinda like Patlabor, so you never know. Is it worth checking out?

Going with the recomendations idea, I just saw the new Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust movie and I have to say it's a billion times better than the originial. Anyone else seen this?

It's not mech anime, it's kinda like Bubblegum Crisis 2040 except with tanks and just one woman as the heroine. It's not the greatest, but TP can be pretty funny and that's probably why I like it.

As far as Bloodlust goes: That movie fucking ROCKS! It really is better than the first one and the storyline is actually superb. I'd recommend it, too.

Guest Risk

You got him banned, AlwaysPissedOff?  I thought I got him banned by informing BPS of this thread...well, whatever.

Guest Vyce
As far as Bloodlust goes: That movie fucking ROCKS! It really is better than the first one and the storyline is actually superb. I'd recommend it, too.

Hey, glad to make you laugh, AlwaysPissedOff. ;)

I *totally* agree about Bloodlust.  The original Vampire Hunter D is near and dear to me, since it was one of the first anime movies I ever saw and it sort of introduced me to the field of Japanese animation.  But this new film smokes it, and I couldn't be happier.

Guest RickyChosyu

Yeah, I loved what they did with it, too. The animation varried from Trigun-esque desolate future to awesome Victorian stylings that I really loved. And the character design for D himself is just balls out.

On something kind of unrelated: Has anyone seen Berserk? My friend brought over the first DVD yesterday and I have to say it's awesome. It's totally different from any other fighting anime I've ever seen, but very cool.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I've never actually heard of Berserk, but then again, I live in Buttfuck, AL, so that's not too surprising. What's it about?

Guest PlatypusFool

"Platypus_Fool, how long is the Urereisi Yatsura TV? They were showing it for a while on public access here in the Bay Area, but stopped, for whatever reason. I also found it to be brilliant in it's own tricked out way, and I'd like to see more."

Hehehe... two reasons why I have absolutely no way of answering that...

1) I know fuck all about anime, I just seen Uresei since my friend showed me one of the movies and I really liked it. I'll be watching more with him, but for now my knowledge of anime is limited to that one film.

2) I live in the UK so I don't know anything about Bay Area TV.

So, no offence mate, but I'm a bit screwed when it comes to trying to talk about anime, sorry :)

But hey, something just occured to me - if the movies are available in video stores over here, they are more than likely to be available in the US. So, if you wanna see more of it go and have a look!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

So...  

What's the weather like in Buttfuck, AL ?

I am THIS close to being an Anime fan, which is to say I go out and rent the videos... THIS close.  Social barriers prevent me from taking that step... Some day... SOME DAY!!

This said, I have been pimping Princess Mononoke like a motherfucker in both my english classes for the better part of 2002 which led me to that fateful day where I had a presentation on 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' and was able to find a connection w/ said anime (man vs. nature). So I showed 2 parts: Ashitaka and Lady Eboshi w/ the lepers, and Ashitaka saving PM from Lady Eboshi, getting shot (NO SELLING~!) then lifting the heavy gates WITH ONE MOTHER FUCKING HAND WHEN THE GUARDS SAID THAT IT TOOK LIKE 10 MOTHERFUCKING MEN TO LIFT IT UP!  BOOYAH! THAT IS BADASS!!  Sure, that last part had NOTHING to do with the theme of Man vs. Nature, but I just had to pimp...It is my nature.

I am generally a very animated person (PUN!), simpsons, family guy, the doo, volt-motherfuckin-tron, astro-booyakah-boy, and found god when I saw Dragonball Z.  To paraphrase the simpsons "Is there anything better than Goku?" "If there is, then I don't want to know about it".

Guest CED Ordonez

Yes there is something better than Goku, and it's the SUPERDICK VEGETA~! And that be my two cents about DBZ.

Completely forgot about Dominion Tank Police. That was great stuff along with Robot Carnival and Akira when Sci-Fi still had their Festival of Anime and Saturday morning anime show.

Can anyone tell me if the Rurouni Kenshin OAV is any good?

Completely forgot about Dominion Tank Police. That was great stuff along with Robot Carnival and Akira when Sci-Fi still had their Festival of Anime and Saturday morning anime show.

Yeah, I remember when the Sci-fi channel used to show Anime on Saturday mornings, that's what first got me into it. By the way, did anyone that used to watch this too happen to catch Cashan: Robot Hunter? This is an extremely rare anime(well to my knowledge anyway) that I have taped but would like it on DVD or a good quality tape.

And to reply to the previous post, yeah I've seen Dominion a few times, it's a little strange and not one of my favorites but is still good enough to watch.

Guest RickyChosyu
Can anyone tell me if the Rurouni Kenshin OAV is any good?

It depends. If you're the DBZ type, then hell yes, it's the coolest mother fucking thing since sliced bread. A few warnings, though: They pile on the blood big time and it's got some rather hideous and drawn-out deaths that some would probably classify as disturbing. Also, you should stay far away from it if you haven't seen at least the first season of Kenshin TV yet. Most people who watch the OVA first and then the TV series find themselves turned off by Kenshin's pacifist and extremely toned-down self. That's not to say that Kenshin doesn't get violent, but it takes a while for the TV series to get to the point of Kenshin actually trying to kill people, while the OVA has him slaughtering guys by the dozens in increasingly disgusting ways almost constantly.

Anyone else a Kenshin fan? I see a lot of you are into DBZ (no suprise there) but as someone who used to eat, breath, and live DBZ I can say that there are better things, and Kenshin is deffinately one of them. DBZ is a great transition from american cartoons to anime and I'm glad it exists because of that, but Kenshin is just done so much better and has so much more depth than DBZ that you'll quickly realize upon watching it that there is more to anime than just DBZ. After that, watch a few episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I guarantee you by the end it will change your perception of what anime is. It might even change your perception of what life is. Oh, and see Cowboy Bebop. Don't ask, just go see it. Now.

AlwaysPissedOff: I'm glad you asked. Berserk is the tale of a tough fighter-for-higher named Gutts who joins a brigade of Mercinaries and follows their various trials and rise to power. While the premise isn't exactly ground-breaking, the mature themes and cryptic atmosphere are really done well. The main theme seems to be man's control over his own destiny and whether or not a man can resist his own fate. It's quite gorry for a television show (mostly because Gutts fights with a sword nearly as big as him) and the plot is as serious and believable as I've ever seen. I would highly recomend it, if anything, for a change from the usual crap thrown out there labelled as fighting animes like Fist of the North star (sorry, Razazteca).

Guest Kagato Otaku

Favorites:

Tenchi Muyo! OVA

Dual! : Parallel Trouble Adventure

Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV

Excel Saga

All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku OVA

Tenchi Muyo in Love

Outlaw Star

Okay:

Tenchi Muyo TV AKA "Tenchi Universe" - Bought it more out of love for the characters than anything else. This show seriously drags for a few episodes, with absolutely NOTHING happening. Filler city. But the space arc livens things up, and the last few eps do a lot to redeem TMTV. Certainly doesn't enduce nightmares like "That Other Tenchi Series".

Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA - Not up to snuff with the original, but still very okay.

Gundam 08th MS Team - This'd be in "Favorites" if I'd pony up the dough to buy it in its original form on DVD. But being a completist freak I haven't yet, 'cause I fear falling into a rut and having to buy the WHOLE Gundam series.

Oh, and I'm miserably cheap.

Plus Excel Saga has already begun kicking my ass with the first of six DVDs, and now, with Tenchi GXP and the 3rd OVA on the way, my pocketbook is in more trouble than ever. Heck, I'll probably own Pretty Sammy before 08th MS Team. :)

Will Watch Someday:

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop - Yes, I know it's on Adult Swim. And I pretty much know the plot and what happens. But I've tried to keep myself unspoiled on actually *watching* the series, 'cause I know CN's more than likely gutted the show. One day I'll get to watch it.

Bought and HATED:

El Hazard - Could not stand El Ha-ZARD. I am filled with feelings of hatred and self-loathing for buying El Ha-ZARD. Heard the dub was fanatically good...didn't like it. Didn't care for the original either. Didn't care for this show at all, really. Just fast-forwarded to all the Jinnai parts, watched it, and shipped it back. Besides me hating this show with every fiber of my being, it was a blast.

Might give the show a second chance sometime (was in a bad mood when I first watched it) but I wouldn't pay eighty-someodd dollars for it. Nope.

Secret Shame:

Liked Pokemon up until the umpteenth repetitive plot point bludgeoned me back into reality. This was also before the WB bought the rights and we got "Poke-Marketing 101".

Guest RavishingRickRudo

*stresses the "If there is, then I don't want to know about it". part*

;)

Q: I remember watching a while ago a anime that had like a bunch of kids from around the world with ESP fighting a giant orb or something in New York.  It rocked the house, but I never caught the ending or the name of it.  Lil help here?

Guest RickyChosyu
Favorites:

Tenchi Muyo! OVA

Dual! : Parallel Trouble Adventure

Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV

Excel Saga

All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku OVA

Tenchi Muyo in Love

Outlaw Star

Okay:

Tenchi Muyo TV AKA "Tenchi Universe" - Bought it more out of love for the characters than anything else. This show seriously drags for a few episodes, with absolutely NOTHING happening. Filler city. But the space arc livens things up, and the last few eps do a lot to redeem TMTV. Certainly doesn't enduce nightmares like "That Other Tenchi Series".

Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA - Not up to snuff with the original, but still very okay.

Gundam 08th MS Team - This'd be in "Favorites" if I'd pony up the dough to buy it in its original form on DVD. But being a completist freak I haven't yet, 'cause I fear falling into a rut and having to buy the WHOLE Gundam series.

Oh, and I'm miserably cheap.

Plus Excel Saga has already begun kicking my ass with the first of six DVDs, and now, with Tenchi GXP and the 3rd OVA on the way, my pocketbook is in more trouble than ever. Heck, I'll probably own Pretty Sammy before 08th MS Team. :)

Will Watch Someday:

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop - Yes, I know it's on Adult Swim. And I pretty much know the plot and what happens. But I've tried to keep myself unspoiled on actually *watching* the series, 'cause I know CN's more than likely gutted the show. One day I'll get to watch it.

Bought and HATED:

El Hazard - Could not stand El Ha-ZARD. I am filled with feelings of hatred and self-loathing for buying El Ha-ZARD. Heard the dub was fanatically good...didn't like it. Didn't care for the original either. Didn't care for this show at all, really. Just fast-forwarded to all the Jinnai parts, watched it, and shipped it back. Besides me hating this show with every fiber of my being, it was a blast.

Might give the show a second chance sometime (was in a bad mood when I first watched it) but I wouldn't pay eighty-someodd dollars for it. Nope.

Secret Shame:

Liked Pokemon up until the umpteenth repetitive plot point bludgeoned me back into reality. This was also before the WB bought the rights and we got "Poke-Marketing 101".

Most people don't seem to be too high on the Captain Tylor OVA. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire TV series, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting any more.

Care to elaborate on your absolute dread of El Hazard? I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it more or less mimes the Tenchi mold, aka, the "Bland male character surrouned by strange women who all want to have sex with him" storyline that is so popular these days. What made it so different from Tenchi that you loathed it so?

And CN hasn't gutted the show at all. Aside from taking out the blood (there's actually quite a lot) and some other very minute details (ie, Faye walking in on two males having sex), the show is pretty much presented in all it's originial glory. You seriously NEED to watch this show. I don't mean now, I mean two weeks ago. It's that good.

Rudo: Sorry, doesn't ring a bell. No offense, but that premise you described is about as common in anime as Perverted Old Men, so you might need to get a little more specific.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
What's the weather like in Buttfuck, AL ?

It's actually quite nice, you sonofabitch... heh. :)

Heh, I remember that. Robot Carnival scared the shit out of me for some reason back then.

After that, watch a few episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I guarantee you by the end it will change your perception of what anime is. It might even change your perception of what life is. Oh, and see Cowboy Bebop. Don't ask, just go see it. Now.

As someone who's seen the entire Evangelion series, I can safely say that some of the shit they do is f'n weird as hell and completely freaked me out at one point later on near the end. And the last few episodes after the 17th Angel is killed(you'll be as shocked as I was as to what it looks like) DO kinda seem like a copout, but the two movies should help explain everything.

As for Cowboy Bebop, I concur with Ricky, WATCH THIS SHOW NOW! NOW, NOW, NOW!!!

DOUG~! Great to see ya back, man. I got to agree with Universe being filler(and I didn't really like Tenchi In Tokyo at all, either). Ryoko seemingly dying pissed me off because she was my favorite character(plus, she didn't seem to promote inbreeding like Iaeka(sp?)).

Secret Shame:

I, too, can admit to liking Pokemon at first. Hell, I even went to see the 3 movies in theaters(with my young cousins and brother, of course), but man... once they started Orange Island and the Jhoto League Champions/Journeys, they just complete lost me altogether.

Another movie I want an opinion on before I check it out: Jin-Ron. Is it any good because I've been seeing it pimped quite a lot on some of the anime tapes/DVDs I rent or buy. ANybody checked it out at all?

Oh, and a few more movies to add to my favorites: Perfect Blue(scared the shit out of me near the end. GREAT SHIT!) and Blood: The Last Vampire. Also, there's the Legend of Crystalvania(or whatever the hell it's called) that follows the story of the Black Knight from Record of Lodoss War. It's a decent movie and all, but I was pissed at seeing the Black Knight(I forgot his name) go out like a chump after those awesome battles with Parn.

Guest caboose

Favourites:

Megazone 23 (All three parts)

AKIRA

Orgus 22

Wings Of Homenaise

Any Street Fighter Stuff

Macross Plus

Guest RickyChosyu
As someone who's seen the entire Evangelion series, I can safely say that some of the shit they do is f'n weird as hell and completely freaked me out at one point later on near the end. And the last few episodes after the 17th Angel is killed(you'll be as shocked as I was as to what it looks like) DO kinda seem like a copout, but the two movies should help explain everything.

Yes, Evangelion is quite the mind trip, especially if you watch the entire thing in one consistent binge at a friends house (which is NOT recommended!) and fry your brain with it's wierdness. Personally, I thought the ending was brilliant and I can't see why it pissed everyone off so much. I have yet to see any of the movies either, but the alternate ending is supposed to be even wackier than the originial, so I just have to check it out. Hey, any chance you've seen Serial Experiments Lain? If not, you should, it takes the absolute wierdness that can be found at the end of Evangelion and fills thirteen episodes with it. Good shit.

I got to agree with Universe being filler(and I didn't really like Tenchi In Tokyo at all, either). Ryoko seemingly dying pissed me off because she was my favorite character(plus, she didn't seem to promote inbreeding like Iaeka(sp?)).

I would agree, but I liked Universe a helluva lot more than I liked Tokyo. I mean, the OVA smokes them both, but I just HATED Tenchi In Tokyo to no end.

Another movie I want an opinion on before I check it out: Jin-Ron. Is it any good because I've been seeing it pimped quite a lot on some of the anime tapes/DVDs I rent or buy. ANybody checked it out at all?

Jin-Roh is great. It's a little decieving because the movie starts out with a very intense action scene and then slows way down for the rest of the movie until it picks up again at the end. However, the plot is quite rich with twists and symbolism and plays out wonderfully. If you have the patience, it's a very worthwhile thriller. Deffinately worth checking out.

Oh, and a few more movies to add to my favorites: Perfect Blue(scared the shit out of me near the end. GREAT SHIT!) and Blood: The Last Vampire. Also, there's the Legend of Crystalvania(or whatever the hell it's called) that follows the story of the Black Knight from Record of Lodoss War. It's a decent movie and all, but I was pissed at seeing the Black Knight(I forgot his name) go out like a chump after those awesome battles with Parn.

Perfect Blue is genius. It scared the the crap out of me too, but just the way it plays out near the end is so crazy and great at the same time. I've never seen Blood, but heard good things about it. I've only seen A few episodes of Record of the Lodos War TV, but I would like to check out the rest of the franchise (the OVA is usually pimped to high heaven) once I have the money.

Guest Kagato Otaku
Most people don't seem to be too high on the Captain Tylor OVA. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire TV series, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting any more.

The OVA's worth getting, if you can find it cheap. Most folks I've talked to *really* don't like the character changes made to Dom, which is quite understandable. There's some great stuff here though, just not enough to lift it above the original.

Care to elaborate on your absolute dread of El Hazard? I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it more or less mimes the Tenchi mold, aka, the "Bland male character surrouned by strange women who all want to have sex with him" storyline that is so popular these days. What made it so different from Tenchi that you loathed it so?

The characters were just..*blah*. Couldn't have cared less about any one of them, save for Jinnai, the uber-dick class president. The Bugrom were uninteresting, the music was off, and "fantasy/medieval" not my genre to begin with. Pretty much doomed from the start for me.

And battling giant bugs and wind-up demons is no match for the glory that is Kagato. Heil Kagato-sama!! *salute*

DOUG~! Great to see ya back, man. I got to agree with Universe being filler(and I didn't really like Tenchi In Tokyo at all, either). Ryoko seemingly dying pissed me off because she was my favorite character(plus, she didn't seem to promote inbreeding like Iaeka(sp?)).

Dude, the whole Masaki house is related. That joint is a haven for inbreeding. No wonder Tenchi fears women.

Guest razazteca

Orgus 22 is that show somehow a spinoff of Macross, or is it just another mecha series?

So Rurouni Kenshin is this about a samuri that lost his way, possibly a ronin not wanting to follow the traditional honor code of the samuri?

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Yes, Evangelion is quite the mind trip, especially if you watch the entire thing in one consistent binge at a friends house (which is NOT recommended!) and fry your brain with it's wierdness. Personally, I thought the ending was brilliant and I can't see why it pissed everyone off so much. I have yet to see any of the movies either, but the alternate ending is supposed to be even wackier than the originial, so I just have to check it out. Hey, any chance you've seen Serial Experiments Lain? If not, you should, it takes the absolute wierdness that can be found at the end of Evangelion and fills thirteen episodes with it. Good shit.

You know, I've been wanting to check out Lain for over a year, but never did due to either money situations or I was watching another series(like Evangelion or Trigun) and didn't want to break-up the continuity(don't ask, I'm just weird like that, LOL!).

Since I'm done with Evangelion(pre-ordered both movies, WOOO-HA~!), I'm DEFINITELY going to check out Lain and Jin-Ron.

Also, is Blue Seed or Blue Gender worth renting? Everytime I try to watch Blue Seed on the Action Channel, it always seems to out of sequence and really pisses me off to no end.

Oh yeah, about the ending to Evangelion, I loved it and likewise see no problem with it at all. All of the critics probably just felt like bashing it to look "cool" or something. Hell, I was looking at the reviews of the movies on Amazon and one guy just totally rips into it, which is all fine and good if you just don't liek it, but he then goes off an calls all fans of the series "fucking moronic sheep". Sigh...

Guest caboose

Orguss 22 has very little to do with Macross, it invloves big Mechs, but it's based in a French Revoloution like era.

What really sucks ass is that here in the UK, the Sci-Fi Channel has axed it's Anime nights from 12am-4am on Sundays.

Guest CED Ordonez

Anime was the only reason I watched the Sci-Fi channel at one point. Haven't mentioned Lily C.A.T., which scared the shit out of me since I was about 10 at the time. It's a shame they've long killed their showings.

Tenchi in Tokyo seems to be mostly loathed amongst anime watchers. Probably because it's far removed from the other Tenchi series and poorly painted in comparison. At least the final OAV series of the show should give something to look forward to whenever it comes out.

BTW, anyone here from the California Bay Area? What are they showing right now on PBS? Public access anime: VIVA LIFE~!

Guest TheDames7

Ping Pong Club.  Its the only anime I watch.  Its a hilarious satire on anime actually.  Everything is so exaggerated like when a member of the club serves, they show the motion animation in the back and its just hilarious.

Dames

Guest CED Ordonez

Ping Pong Club: It's beyond South Park in its raunchy humor, but it was still hilarious when I watched it back in '99.

Guest RickyChosyu
So Rurouni Kenshin is this about a samuri that lost his way, possibly a ronin not wanting to follow the traditional honor code of the samuri?

More or less, only Kenshi takes place after the Feudal Era of Ronin and Samurai. It takes place durring the Meji Era, a time when Japan was starting to become increasingly westernized and modern, with peace the most important goal. Kenshin follows the tail of a man who killed unmercilessly to shape the destiny of Japan, but then threw down his sword and vowed never to kill again. He becomes a wanderer, and the show chronicals his attempts to repent for his sins and overcome the demons of his past. It's deffinately worth checking out, especially for the second season, which is pure gold. The first season has a noticable amount of filler, but it's deffinately worth sitting through for the incredible second season which is some of the best fighting anime ever produced, bar none.

BTW, anyone here from the California Bay Area? What are they showing right now on PBS? Public access anime: VIVA LIFE~!

I am. Last I checked they were showing the orignial Dirty Pair, which is a fun little show, if not totally misogynistic and cheesy.

Since I'm done with Evangelion(pre-ordered both movies, WOOO-HA~!, I'm DEFINITELY going to check out Lain and Jin-Ron.

Also, is Blue Seed or Blue Gender worth renting? Everytime I try to watch Blue Seed on the Action Channel, it always seems to out of sequence and really pisses me off to no end.

Oh yeah, about the ending to Evangelion, I loved it and likewise see no problem with it at all. All of the critics probably just felt like bashing it to look "cool" or something. Hell, I was looking at the reviews of the movies on Amazon and one guy just totally rips into it, which is all fine and good if you just don't liek it, but he then goes off an calls all fans of the series "fucking moronic sheep". Sigh...

Great, I'm sure you'll enjoy both Lain and Jin-Roh. I've never seen Blue Seed or Blue Gender, but they look like they could be worthwhile. I always see Blue Seed at the local video store, so you might want to rent if if you can find it anywhere.

Yeah, there's lots of Evangelion hate, for some reason. In Japan, fans were supposedly so angered by the ending that they sent Amano tons of hate mail demanding it be changed, and he was forced to make the End of Evangelion movie. Luckilly for you and I, Yoshitaki essentially said "fuck all you" and made the movie even stranger than the ending to the TV series. Serves the bastards right.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Yeah, there's lots of Evangelion hate, for some reason. In Japan, fans were supposedly so angered by the ending that they sent Amano tons of hate mail demanding it be changed, and he was forced to make the End of Evangelion movie. Luckilly for you and I, Yoshitaki essentially said "fuck all you" and made the movie even stranger than the ending to the TV series. Serves the bastards right.

This thread should never die.

Heh, serves 'em right. I'm glad Amano gave them a giant "fuck you"... disrespectful jerkoffs.

Hey Ricky, were you ever a big fan of Robotech? It was the show that got me into anime back when it debuted on USA Network(I probably dated myself there... lol.), but what pissed me off was that they stopped after the first season ended and never showed the rest of the series.

Guest pochorenella

Hey! Just came back to the board after a long vacation and I find this great thread! Hope I'm not too late in giving my 2 cents in. Here are my favorites:

Ranma 1/2 (Nobody's mentioned it, but it's hilarious! Check it out.)

Speed Racer (Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer... Actually his spanish name, "Meteoro" is coolest.)

Gatchaman (or Battle of the Planets)

Ninja Scroll

Akira

Neon Genesis Evangelion (didn't quite get the las OVA, though.)

Ghost in the Shell (fucking great movie!)

Mazinger Z (Nobody's mentioned this one either. Where are all the Mazinga/Great Mazinga/Mazinkeiser fans? Let me hear ya!)

And the mighty Dragon Ball Z.

Hope this thread goes on for a while. Peace.

Ooops, almost forgot Robotech! I had a dog named Min Mai.

Guest CED Ordonez
Ranma 1/2 (Nobody's mentioned it, but it's hilarious! Check it out.)

Actually I did mention it already pochorenella. However I've only seen the OAV portion of the series, which I've got to say is great stuff if you already understand the backstory of the Ranma 1/2 universe.