Anime

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Hey now... no one mentioned Pokemon.

Although I DO like "Pokemon World"...

::::: runs away :::::

Guest CED Ordonez

This thread rocks.

Favorite Anime Songs

5) Ranma 1/2 "Love Panic" Don't ask, but I just think it's catchy.

4) Escaflowne TV Opening Theme

3) Outlaw Star ending theme

2) Cowboy Bebop "The Real Folk Blues" - Would be number one but it loses out in my book to...

1) Cowboy Bebop "See You Space Cowboy..." - I know it's almost the exact same as "The Real Folk Blues", but I actually enjoy it more because it's a little more moving with the more depressing mood put into it.

Now how about opening/closing movies for anime shows? Got to love how most anime makes animations specifically for the opening and ending of the shows. My personal favorites, in no particular order:

- Sailor Moon S Opening ::prepares to duck and evade::

- Ranma 1/2's 2nd OAV Opening

- Ranma 1/2's 1st OAV Closing

- Cowboy Bebop Opening

- Slayers Try Opening

Guest Doomsault

Iria-opening theme

Cowboy Bebop-opening theme

Gundam Wing-Japanese opening theme(same as american?)

Outlaw Star-Song playing whenever something major happens, can someone tell me the name of this?, it was playing whenever Gene first found the Outlaw Star and busted out of that meteor/planet thing.

DBZ-Cell theme music

What was your favorite series out of the Gundam series? I liked Gundam Wing the best but it gets boring sometimes, I also liked 0083.

Guest RickyChosyu

Is the Slayers opening theme sung by Megumi Hashibara? I really like a lot her songs, especially her version of Cruel Angel Thesis; just awesome stuff.

I totally forgot about the Escaflowne opening theme. I love that song, and it always got me in the mood to watch the show because it fit the spirit of it so well. The Real Folk Blues is amazing also. I agree, it's a song that you can just put on and not even notice it, even though you're singing along with it.

Guest CED Ordonez

The name rings a bell Ricky, so I believe you are correct. I'd have to check with my ladyfriend to confirm that though.

BTW, Mai Yamane sings The Real Folk Blues. I'll just throw that in before it's asked.

EDIT: It's Megumi Hayashibara to be exact. Also the voice of Lina Inverse, Cowboy Bebop's Faye Valentine, Ranma 1/2's female form of Ranma Saotome and... click here, this gal rules it.

Guest RickyChosyu
The name rings a bell Ricky, so I believe you are correct. I'd have to check with my ladyfriend to confirm that though.

BTW, Mai Yamane sings The Real Folk Blues. I'll just throw that in before it's asked.

EDIT: It's Megumi Hayashibara to be exact. Also the voice of Lina Inverse, Cowboy Bebop's Faye Valentine, Ranma 1/2's female form of Ranma Saotome and... click here, this gal rules it.

Yeah, and Rei Ayanami of Neon Genesis Evangelion, too. Yeah, she's an awesome seriyu and singer.

Guest Doomsault

Anyone seen Biohunter? I was gonna get that just because it was on the pre-views of wicked city but I'd like some opinions first.

Guest RickyChosyu
Anyone seen Biohunter? I was gonna get that just because it was on the pre-views of wicked city but I'd like some opinions first.

Yeah, it's in the pre-views for Wicked City because it's also a Yoshiaki Kawajiri title, albiet one of his less-known ones. I never had very much interest in it because of how stereotypical it looked, but here's a pretty good review for it. Sounds like I was right in avoiding it, considering I'm not the biggest Kawajiri fan you'll ever see. Still, Wicked City is on my "Need to watch" list.

Guest GenerationNever

Anyways, about Dragon Ball. I loved the original Dragon Ball(except for that Boss Rabbit episode, LAME) but in DBZ the power levels and villians get absurd. Honestly, I think Toriyama should have just stopped with Dragon Ball.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
What was your favorite series out of the Gundam series? I liked Gundam Wing the best but it gets boring sometimes, I also liked 0083.

Gotta chime in on this...

While I liked Gundam Wing a lot(I'm a big Hiro fan), it gets rather irritating seeing no one but Duo show a second emotion. Hiro, Troja, and the guy who flew Nataku(I can't remember his name at all right now) are all basically the same only with different pasts and Katra is a whiny lil bitch 90% of the time.

That's why I think 0083 was the best Gundam series I've seen so far because they actually develop the characters very well and don't give any of them the "Let's blow everything to hell" attitude like Wing does(although Miyardo Peacecraft IS a pretty interesting character).

Also, I'd say that my second favorite Gundam series has to 08th MS Team. That was an ending I NEVER expected and it damn near brought tears to my eyes(yeah, I'm a pussy. I also got teary-eyed watching the end of Digimon Tamers, too). I'm expecting the movie DVD for 08th MS Team some time soon, so maybe I'll review in this thread.

Guest RickyChosyu

Generation Never: Yeah, I would agree with you on that. According to Toriyama, he had originally planned to end DBZ with the Freeza saga. Funny how things like that change when money is involved.

While I liked Gundam Wing a lot(I'm a big Hiro fan), it gets rather irritating seeing no one but Duo show a second emotion. Hiro, Troja, and the guy who flew Nataku(I can't remember his name at all right now) are all basically the same only with different pasts and Katra is a whiny lil bitch 90% of the time.

His name was Chang Wufei. Aside from being a little more misogynistic than Hiro, I didn't really see any diference between the two. Along with Trowa, there has rarely been a more stoic trio in any anime I've seen, and it does get tiresome fast. I know Bishonen are characteristically dumb as a post in most anime, but really, I thought they went over-board in Gundam Wing. Plus the pacifism themes were way too over-bearing. I mean, am I the only one who wanted to see one of Relena's mellodramatic speeches interupted by an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile?

That's why I think 0083 was the best Gundam series I've seen so far because they actually develop the characters very well and don't give any of them the "Let's blow everything to hell" attitude like Wing does(although Miyardo Peacecraft IS a pretty interesting character).

Yup, I would have to agree. Way more interesting characters, as far as motivations and internal struggles go, and the fighting is just as enjoyable.

Also, I'd say that my second favorite Gundam series has to 08th MS Team. That was an ending I NEVER expected and it damn near brought tears to my eyes(yeah, I'm a pussy. I also got teary-eyed watching the end of Digimon Tamers, too). I'm expecting the movie DVD for 08th MS Team some time soon, so maybe I'll review in this thread.

I had a soft spot for that ending, too (well, the show in general made me sentimental, for some reason). It would be great if you reviewed the movie here, I think.

Guest Doomsault

I've decided to check out that Cowboy Bebop "Stairway to Heaven" movie, but when I went to damned Blockbuster, they didn't have it, so I was going to buy it instead. Is it worth buying even if you've never seen it?

Guest CED Ordonez
I've decided to check out that Cowboy Bebop "Stairway to Heaven" movie, but when I went to damned Blockbuster, they didn't have it, so I was going to buy it instead. Is it worth buying even if you've never seen it?

I'm pretty sure the only way to get Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door at the moment is through imports. I got myself a copy through the Hong Kong market and the movie is pretty good except, like most imports out of Hong Kong, alot of English subtitles are noticeably missing and/or delayed which is damn annoying at times. If you can deal with that and you're already into Cowboy Bebop, it's an OK buy. If not, I'd suggest waiting until they commercially release it.