TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Safari 3 is Out...

Well, Safari is the best program for a Mac (well at least I think) and I remember how much IE and Firefox blew on a PC.

Guest Vitamin X

To disprove Mole's point only about roughly 10% of MAC users actually use Safari. Firefox and IE are not only actually faster (despite what Apple says- no shit they'll pimp their browser over the others) but better and more versatile. Safari, much like other Apple software, particularly on Windows, is bloated and lacks the functionality that the other browsers have.

I'll stick with Firefox, thank you.

Safari has a purpose on a Mac--getting you to opera.com, mozilla.com, or caminobrowser.org. After that, ah well.

On a PC? Not really.

Plus this Safari for Windows is buggy as all hell (it's a public beta) and has a hideous look to it (well, it's ugly on Macs too).

It's closed-source nature, lack of useful plugins, sluggishness and lack of a useful History feature make Safari a no-go for me.

I've heard this "Safari is the fastest!" talk but pretty much exclusively from Apple fanboys. In my own experience--no, it isn't.

I found Safari 2.0 completely unusable.

I have been liking 3.0 a lot so far. In fact, I use it as my primary browser since I downloaded it.

I don't really notice a difference in performance between browsers that I use...

Safari 3.0 has a spellcheck, and the other versions had them too. There's not much more than 2.0, aside from PC compatibility. Even still, it's the best browser I've ever used. I pretty much use it because of its sleek interface, but it's way easier and quicker to use than Firefox.

By the way, Safari has this really goddamned annoying bug where you have to send shit twice in order to actually send it. If I send a myspace message and it's all typed out and I hit the send button, it erases the message and makes me type it out and send it again. Happens for Gmail too, but it doesn't erase the message, you just have to stop the page from loading and hit the send key again. I imagine it'll get fixed in later patch releases.

Mac. I should probably download the updates though. They're up to 10.4.10 now for tiger.