TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edgehead69

Why isn't TNA getting it?

Just a thought into the discussion - does the product also, on top of the booking, seem very stale due to the fact that they are always still doing tapings and ppvs in Orlando damn near every one?

Yes, I really noticed this when they had the 2 hour PrimeTime special last year, then a PPV a week or so later. If TNA goes 2 hours they NEED to start moving around the country.

Apparently the plan is to run ppvs out of Orlando every month next year, or from BFG onward (couldnt remember what Meltzer reported in the Observer recently, it was one of the two) so that will help, but I do fear running the weekly show still out of Orlando constantly is going to create an issue with "same ole same ole" in a sense. Ideally, I wish TNA could tape a second show out of Orlando weekly (put it on syndication and also run it on channels like FSN, etc) on top of a main weekly show on a major cable network, from a different location each week.

What amazes me is that I think, all things considered, they could easily run off the east coast with TV/ppvs, at least BREAK EVEN on these live events, you would think. That would, theoretically, be the same, if not better, than the Universal deal is. My impression, and might be wrong, is that they pay rent to be at Universal and also cannot charge for admission as well, so its really not that impressive of a deal other than a consistent staging & production convenience for the company.

I think it would help alot, not only to fresh things up for the wrestlers, but to open people's eyes as to how well wrestlers are reacted to outside of Florida - in terms of their push and disposition with the fans.

It would be interesting to seem push shows around the South East area, I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get good crowds in Florida and Tennessee - but then, are they turning up because its free in Florida?

Probably. They sure as hell turned up because it was free in Tennessee. And even then they'd usually get maybe a thousand fans per week, or less.

I don't think that touring is a necessity if you can put on a consistently good show. TNA can't though. Hell, WWE can't. The touring would allow at least some fresh fan perspectives on the show, but it would also require additional investment to continually cart around all their show gear. I don't see them doing this in the immediate future, especially since it seems like they're losing money overall.

I'd settle for them just fixing their writing/booking and actually using the amazing compilation of ring talent they've got.