TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Smackdown Vs Raw 08

Man, this sounds even suckier than all previous versions. One of my favourite things to do with this game is the CAWs. Thanks for the tips though.

As a side note - is it safe to assume there's no Crossface in this game?

I think I'm going to change my mind on this whole new run mechanic now that I realize, barring me doing something wrong, everyone only has one running attack now.

Giving a tag team one of the King entrances makes it all worth it though. MVP walking down to the ring in a robe and crown while Elijah Burke struts is stuff = good times.

I think I'm going to change my mind on this whole new run mechanic now that I realize, barring me doing something wrong, everyone only has one running attack now.

Giving a tag team one of the King entrances makes it all worth it though. MVP walking down to the ring in a robe and crown while Elijah Burke struts is stuff = good times.

Hold right bumper for your second running attack. Or if you're not on the 360, I have no idea.

It's very annoying how they take the time to have Styles and JBL record new commentary... then just hand them the same lines as everyone else. Good Lord was it awful to hear Joey repeat Michael Cole's usual line of "it's the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT business!" as a response to Tazz chiding you for taunting. That was kind of made up for when later in the match, Tazz said the seemingly random shoot-ish comment "When I was a wrestler, or as they say in THIS company, in-ring performer...". That amused me.

Justin Roberts did some damn fine recording for ring introductions, further making me not understand why everyone on the net hates him.

In answer to my own question from earlier, they apparently did fix the tag team name intro problem from 07. Not sure how it would work for new stables, but for the pre-made ones (or at least Rated RKO), you get "total combined weight", both names, and the team name.

yea jbl repeeats alot of stuff tazz said the previous 2 games (including the line about him training cole to be cruiserwieght champ in a year, and cole replying "ive heard stories about you training people)

None that I've found yet. A lot of the old Benoit Germans are still in the game, though.

None that I've found yet. A lot of the old Benoit Germans are still in the game, though.

Might be under a different, generic name though.

Might be under a different, generic name though.

I haven't found it yet, but I haven't unlocked all the legends and pregenerated movesets yet. Although I doubt it'll be in there. And if it is, it won't be under the struggle submission system. (Insert gripes about lack of submission moves here)

So, I was awarded GM of the Year one year and eventually reached 100% on the "GM of the Year" meter, but neither of these seemed to do jack for giving me the Hall of Fame achievement. What the Hell?

So, I was awarded GM of the Year one year and eventually reached 100% on the "GM of the Year" meter, but neither of these seemed to do jack for giving me the Hall of Fame achievement. What the Hell?

Try going into the Hall of Fame screen after you've achieved it, I had the same problem after defeating the ECW Crew in the ECW Rules match to unlock Terry Funk. It didn't trigger until I had went back into the Hall of Fame section. Strange.

Odd, I'm not sure why it hasn't worked then.

I do know, however, that the secret achievement that has been bugging everyone has been revealed/found.

Destroyed 15 tables and 10 chairs in a TLC match

What happens if you do that chris?

You get the achievement...

I did this, and I don't see any achievement?

Maybe something's gone over my head, somewhere, but is there somewhere I should be looking?

I can't win the MITB match on legend difficulty.

It's seriously annoying me now.

You're not alone. I backed into winning it with Umaga in HOF mode, and spent 40 minutes trying to win one in tourney mode for the King of the Mountain achievement. When I thought I had won, I fell from the ladder, but no dice. Jeff Hardy promptly climbed the ladder and held the meter in place for less than a second and won.

Incidentally, I paused the game and took my roomate (who'd been watching) to work after that, swearing the whole way. When I got back home, I unpaused it and still got the KOTM achievement.

I remember having a similar problem in 07 as well.

I got lucky and won the MITB on the first try. I used the trick I did last year to win all of the Legend challenges - turned all of the AI sliders to zero - but the match was still such a bitch last year and still the same this year. The case meter actually seems to drop about 3x slower than it did last year. But, the match is won, and I never, ever need to do it again.

On that note, I'm wondering if I ever needed to in the first place. I was awarded Hall of Famer status with 3 or so challenges still open (Hardys TLC, GM of the Year, and raising a made up stables attribute level to max and beating DX).

It's a bit weird how the default WWE Attitude champion is Ric Flair and the default WCW champion is Steve Austin. I think that should be reversed.

I can't win the MITB match on legend difficulty.

It's seriously annoying me now.

I did it on legend and it took me nearly two hours for the single match. I won by the skin of my teeth. The problem is, it didn't count to my Hall of Fame. Was it because I didn't do it at WrestleMania? Because I don't have the Wrestlemania arena unlocked yet, but it didn't say Wrestlemania either.

Also, for the achievement to beat all the tournaments for GamerScore points, which ones do you have to win? Because I won a King of the Ring, Beat the Clock, Quick tournament and a Create a Tournament on Legend and it didn't go. Does anyone have a specific breakdown if maybe something was wrong?

I got lucky and won the MITB on the first try. I used the trick I did last year to win all of the Legend challenges - turned all of the AI sliders to zero - but the match was still such a bitch last year and still the same this year. The case meter actually seems to drop about 3x slower than it did last year. But, the match is won, and I never, ever need to do it again.

I must admit to also cheating in this manner (The Rumble win was a lot easier going the distance) but still, the main problem I have with the MITB match is the sheer magnitute of the number of competitors.. The time where I finally do get a good chance to win it, there's four people on their feet immediately tipping the bastard ladder over, or throwing people into it which frustrates me the most, as it moves the ladder away from the belt, and you're just stood there like an idiot at the top of a ladder too far away from the belt, and they all leave you alone while you're just standing there.

On that note, I'm wondering if I ever needed to in the first place. I was awarded Hall of Famer status with 3 or so challenges still open (Hardys TLC, GM of the Year, and raising a made up stables attribute level to max and beating DX).

Yep, same thing with me, when I did max out my Punk/Taker stable team (easy, just kept winning triple threat hardcore tag matches, points shot up) and took them on, I beat them on legend, and because i'd already got the HOF level, it simply didn't acknowledge it.

I didn't bother with the GM of the year award.. that seemed simply boring.

Last year you got a secret challenge (Mickie James vs Khali, or something like that) for doing all the challenges, but there's nothing like that this year is there?

It's a bit weird how the default WWE Attitude champion is Ric Flair and the default WCW champion is Steve Austin. I think that should be reversed.

Definately weird, it seems like an overthought from the makers of the game, as those two should definately have been switched. About the only title Flair hasn't won.

Also, even in tag matches, Flair will come out with that belt and 'This match is for the WWE Attitude championship!', no matter what the condition.

Just grab with two hands people.

It's really not that hard. When you do that, even if all Five people are standing up, by the end of the match, the person that crawls that ladder won't be able to get to you fast enough, and a computer player will ALWAYS knock the ladder over. This leaves you to just hang there and drain the meter.

This should only take 3-4 times. I'm pretty sure 90 percent of the MITB matches I've had, the other competitors don't even get a chance to grab the belt. (When I'm actually trying to win, and not just playing a match)

And also, never keep reaching when someone's like right at the top of the ladder. (When the meter's like almost all the way down.) Because then you're just asking for him to knock you off, and take it without even having to hold it a second.

I will say that this year, there seemed to be far less... maybe even none at all... "warping" suplexes in the MITB match. I remember playing 07, guys just kept warping to the top of the ladder and suplexing me off. They seemed to have to legitimately climb this year.

Also, I had no idea it was a two hand mechanic this year. Was it last year? The book just says "Use the right or left stick" and it was vibrating so I didn't move it. In 07, if it was vibrating it meant you found the "sweet spot". I guess that doesn't exist now?

Yeah, in 08, on the PS2, how do you grab with two hands?

Climb to the top of the ladder and push both analog sticks up at the same time. Your ladder must be directly under the suitcase/belt/whatever, though. If the ladder isn't properly placed, you might just nose dive off the ladder and take a bit of damage.