TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Smackdown Vs Raw 08

You'd have a really good SvR game if you took all the legends they've had and put them in a game. I'm always disappointed in that there's always one really "Oh, that's just badass" addition to the legends roster (DiBiase, Perfect, now Rude) but then they take them out the next year.

Agreed. The Legends roster is something that should be built on. Adding to it each year. Or at least gauging which were the most popular and carrying them over.

Better yet - I'm surprised they haven't released an all Legends game.

Personally, I hate the legends, and don't think they should be included at all. Barring the 'exceptions' like Austin and Rock. (Which I never play as)

The game is Smackdown vs Raw, not Smackdown vs RAW..vs the 80's. If they came out with a legends game, that'd be fine. But I find it pointless to waste a character model on a fuckin Jake the Snake, and not include a Shelton Benjamin. (Yea, I'm mixing up two years, but you get the point)

Wow, CM Punk is rated 92, and The Undertaker is at 95... this is dumb, I liked the HCTP ratings that matched with the roster.

Wierd. I wonder whos dick he sucked to get that rating...

Wow, CM Punk is rated 92, and The Undertaker is at 95... this is dumb, I liked the HCTP ratings that matched with the roster.

Wierd. I wonder whos dick he sucked to get that rating...

Well Matt Hardy's a 90...

(And keep in mind when they were doing the roster, he hadn't done any of the stuff he has recently.)

from what I've seen at THQ's website, the fighting styles deal looks sort of fun, and hopefully not too limiting on what moves are available.

Goddamnit, if this only had NM/DOR controls.. I'd be set on buying it. Speaking of which, what kind of controls is this supposed to have anyway??

I actually think they may have tweaked the controls a little bit yet again.

They do entirely too much work on the roster. Seriously, consider how much time they piss away deleting characters that are already in the game, only to add characters for the current game that will be deleted before production wraps up on the next year's game.

Give me No Mercy's ability to edit names and entrances and attire with the Smackdown series' ability to change movesets and stop wasting time bouncing people (especially legends, but it's sadly also true about the regular roster) in and out.

That said:

PS3 gets downloadable wrestlers, says Wikipedia. 360 better get them too, you sorry pieces of trash. The entire reason they left out embedded custom entrance music was "because PS2 can't have them it wouldn't be fair, and also we don't want to bother with something for only one sector of the consumers when we can work on something all buyers of the game can enjoy.", so that better be in too. I didn't spend as much time as I did searching out Owen Hart entrance music to have to go fishing through the player to get it to play for me only, dammit.

The fighting styles thing sounds a little iffy for me. One of the annoying issues in 07 was where you couldn't do half the moves if you were say Super Crazy and you faced The Great Khali. Atleast give the smaller guys an alternate move when they face hosses.

The thing that's going to be annoying is powerhouse, watching Triple H kick out of a pin from Jeff Hardy like it's The Big Show tossing Rey is going to get old.

I also hope they just don't have Sabu, Punk, Nitro, Rey, and Jeff having all the same highflying moves like it seems

from what I've seen at THQ's website, the fighting styles deal looks sort of fun, and hopefully not too limiting on what moves are available.

Goddamnit, if this only had NM/DOR controls.. I'd be set on buying it. Speaking of which, what kind of controls is this supposed to have anyway??

I like No Mercy a lot, but I feel that SvR 2007's controls were far better than No Mercy's.

I like No Mercy a lot, but I feel that SvR 2007's controls were far better than No Mercy's.

You heathen!

LIES~!

IGN confirmed in its latest update that, exclusive to the 360 version, you'll be able to take music off your hard drive and put it into the game. PS3's exclusive feature, meanwhile, is that you get to switch to first-person view during entrances.

IGN confirmed in its latest update that, exclusive to the 360 version, you'll be able to take music off your hard drive and put it into the game. PS3's exclusive feature, meanwhile, is that you get to switch to first-person view during entrances.

Those PS3 owners really lucked out in that didn't they?

IGN confirmed in its latest update that, exclusive to the 360 version, you'll be able to take music off your hard drive and put it into the game.

Fuck yes. Now they do mean that you can make the music your enterance right?

I actually think you have to do some kind of combo of things with the controllers to pull off many of the moves.

bah, looks like DOR2 and I will be together for... forever. Unless the control scheme is similar in SvR, which nobody has elaborated on yet.

Also, let me just bitch some about how the Wii is getting a retarded version. No Extreme rules, no fighting styles, no STAMINA, no custom music, no goddamn buy from me! fuck this, I hate it! *bitchbitchbitchbitch*

No Extreme Rules? Really? Odd.

No Fighting Styles? That could actually be a good thing. Maybe your wrestler can do any type of move he or she wants to.

No Stamina? You want stamina? I found that to be a downfall of the game last year.

No Custom Music.....the Wii can't rip cd's like the 360 can. Well maybe if you memory sticked the music, but does Nintendo allow you to do that?

The Will verison does sound watered down...a lot.

No Custom Music.....the Wii can't rip cd's like the 360 can. Well maybe if you memory sticked the music, but does Nintendo allow you to do that?

Yes, you can do it on Excite Truck.

has any1 seen the new videos on IGN? double flaming tables, flaming barb wire, special animation through the announcers table. any1?

has any1 seen the new videos on IGN? double flaming tables, flaming barb wire, special animation through the announcers table. any1?

Are you asking about these or telling us about these things?

I've heard that PS3 is not very popular, due to bad reviews. If that's really true, I wonder if they'll make the game out for PS2.

It's coming out for PS2 anyways...

There's a demo? I looked on the Marketplace today to see what demos were out and I saw nothing about a Demo.