TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Smackdown Vs Raw 08

It was no big problem for Fire Pro on GBA, all you had to do really was just change the sprite colours and names.

I wonder if "The Computer" Roots Genoa will be in Fire Pro R...

It was no big problem for Fire Pro on GBA, all you had to do really was just change the sprite colours and names.

I wonder if "The Computer" Roots Genoa will be in Fire Pro R...

They don't have WWE guys in FPR like they did in older games. You'll have to create them.

There are not as many American wrestlers in FPR as there were in the past. Sting, Nash, Styles, Petey Williams, Jarrett, Kendrick, Low-Ki, Jamal, Rikishi, Vader (though he has no mask in FPR), Scott Hall, Terry Funk, Dory Funk, Terry Gordy, Steve Williams, Davey Boy Smith, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Giant Singh/Great Khali, Sabu, Stan Hansen, Hawk, Animal, Bret Hart, Andre... and I know I'm missing a few more. Either way, I think it all depends on whether or not their likenesses are trademarked.

As for passing on SDvRAW2008 for this game? Well I have the Japanese version already.. but honestly, they're two completely different games. I still play HCTP and SDvRAW2006 as well as Firepro Returns. I think I have room for both in my collection - and yes I'm going to buy the US FPR even though I have the Japanese one. :P

Wow, I don't think I could be any more disappointed with that roster. No Shelton pisses me off, but no Londrick is absolutely rediculous. It is surprising that RVD is nowhere to be seen, but Sabu managed to make the cut. At least Fire Pro will be out around the same time.

That roster totally blows. I hate the amount of divas they constantly put into the game as playable characters which just waste roster spots. Also, the legends list sucks. The only interesting guy in there is Rick Rude.

Cryme Tyme over Londrick and Cade/Murdoch. Booker is listed as Booker T instead of King Booker, which I'm hoping doesn't mean much. It was worrying me, but Gregory Helms is in. We got Sabu, no RVD. No Kevin Thorn, unlike what I previously thought. Haas and Benjamin are out, which sucks.

Terry Funk and Rick Rude are in as legends. It appears the PSP is getting Eddie, Jim Neidhart and Sgt. Slaughter as exclusives. The DS gets... Hardcore Holly.

Cryme Tyme over Londrick and Cade/Murdoch. Booker is listed as Booker T instead of King Booker, which I'm hoping doesn't mean much. It was worrying me, but Gregory Helms is in. We got Sabu, no RVD. No Kevin Thorn, unlike what I previously thought. Haas and Benjamin are out, which sucks.

Terry Funk and Rick Rude are in as legends. It appears the PSP is getting Eddie, Jim Neidhart and Sgt. Slaughter as exclusives. The DS gets... Hardcore Holly.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about the Booker thing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mu7MJBv8AQ

But still, as for the roster, I could care less about the legends (which I've seen a lot of people fussing about already on boards) Hell, all the previous years I just skip right past them to get to the core people anyways. So the roster size doesn't exactly bother me, since I don't really use everyone all the time (I mean, who actually used Snitsky in 07?? :P) But the lack of the tag team guys is disappointing, and crazy! How the hell can you not have Londrick who had the titles almost a year? Hopefully there are a LOT of downloadable superstars and for cheap.

What the fuck? Londrick should DEFINITELY be in this game. They only held the tag titles for almost a year. I'm way to fucking lazy to create them and even lazier to find out how CAW game saves work.

Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer, Punk, Burke, Funk and Rude makes it a purchase for me though.

No RVD makes me sad.

I still don't get the whole "ECW Invasion" deal though.

If they got the rosters right, then that's only an amazing total of 7 superstars! (As I'm sure Sandman will be on ECW) And, the only other possibility is 8, if they still include him on ECW. That's some invasion...

Is that honestly the full roster? It just seems so lack-luster.

Guest Smues

Rick Rude & Funk being the only new legends is lame, but if having Foley includes Dude Love again then I'm fine with the rosters.

Is that honestly the full roster? It just seems so lack-luster.

There's supposed to be downloadable superstars.

But still, yea.

God i hope so, right now this game is a rent for me

Even if they have downloadable wrestlers, you're still having to pay extra for things that should be in the game to begin with, and that's a big rip-off.

But as long as people keep paying for shit like this, videogame companies will keep ripping them off.

I don't get what the big deal is over the roster, that still as many people as I can remember on any other SvR game. It's possible that 'unlockable' characters haven't been included in that list as well. And besides, you can be CM Punk - and better yet - MONTY BROWN! :D

Sabu being in gives an indication of when this game was finalized, like June? And its laziness on their part to shift him over to a 'Legends' tag rather then remove him and give the space to someone else. I bet you'll find RVD premade in CAW as well as a host of other guys.

If they got the rosters right, then that's only an amazing total of 7 superstars! (As I'm sure Sandman will be on ECW) And, the only other possibility is 8, if they still include him on ECW. That's some invasion...

Either way, the in-game storyline will probably be 10X better than the '01 Invasion.

But seriously, is it just me or does it seem THQ gets lazier and lazier with this game every year? Sure they add a completely different control scheme every year,but even that gets annoying. HCTP had an amazing control scheme, but that was thrown right out the window when it came time for the abortion that was the first SD vs R. Last year they had a decent enough scheme, but the move variety was pitiful.

It's never the number of wrestlers people are pissed or upset or disappointed by, just the choices made. You have to admit there's no way London and Kendrick shouldn't be in over Cryme Tyme, comedy acts who until recently were Heat regulars and didn't have a major role on Raw. Kenny is a curtain jerker act who jobs to anyone and everyone, and will likely be rated so low as to not be competitive, so why bother. Meanwhile Ashley hasn't been on in a while, even a couple months ago when the rosters were being finalized, Michelle McCool was just coming back, and Kelly Kelly has been involved with the Expose thing while setting not one foot inside the ring... and Torrie Wilson is useless and always questionable.

I'm not saying I won't pick it up or that I'm not excited about Dreamer, Sandman, Rude, Funk, Sabu, CM Punk, Cor Von, Burke, or even Cryme Tyme, despite what I said above, but there are always these kinds of choices which only make me shake my head. The only reason I can fathom as to why Londrick weren't included is London's heat, which sounds ridiculous, but should logically be the only reason they aren't in.

About real unlockables, for years past Yukes has done very little in this area. I don't think they've had hidden wrestlers since the PS1/early PS2 days. Recently once the roster was announced, that was it, no surprises to be had, and there's no reason to think that won't be the case this time. If those that are missing are available as downloadable content, that's much better, but if they're only available by paying for the privilege, it's a ripoff more akin to the Jake Roberts issue, just not as costly,.. but would still add on to however much the game is.

Oh. Rey Mysterio was the first in IGN's countdown, but no one cares.

Either way, the in-game storyline will probably be 10X better than the '01 Invasion.

But seriously, is it just me or does it seem THQ gets lazier and lazier with this game every year? Sure they add a completely different control scheme every year,but even that gets annoying. HCTP had an amazing control scheme, but that was thrown right out the window when it came time for the abortion that was the first SD vs R. Last year they had a decent enough scheme, but the move variety was pitiful.

I feel the same way about THQ becoming lazy with the game. It seems they focus on one or two things and just say "fuck it" to the rest of the game. I actually don't like how they keep "tweaking" the control sceme, pick a fucking sceme and leave it as it is. I hate to bring this up, but that's one thing EVERYONE loved about the AKI wrestling games, the control sceme was pretty much unchanged with their games. If you played WCW vs The World, you could have played any of their wrestling games after that.

The other thing THQ really focues on is the graphics. Every year it just seems the wrestlers get more shinyer and shinyer and they have to look more realistic. I honestly don't care how realistic they look, I'm not buying the game to go "oh, he/she looks so real. Look their eyes move!", I'm buying the game to enjoy the game, not to stare at it.