TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jesse_ewiak

"Hey, he's big, young, and cheap...why not?"

"...and the reason you're doing this instead of taking over the farm is what?"

Jesse James Sanders had heard that question approximately seventeen thousands times in the last month or so. However, he couldn't react to it the way he wanted to because well, his mother was asking it.

"Look Ma, I love ya', but I've already answered this a million times. Frank is at UK right now, taking the same classes I did. He's always loved the work of the farm more than I have. He was already up at five am most mornings while you had to do everything short of throwing cold water at me."

At that, Willa Mae Sanders smiled for a moment. A small memory popped up in her mind.

"Actually, there was that one time-"

Jesse throws his hands up in mock surrender.

"Don't remind me."

Game face back on.

"Anyway, look. This is a short-term contract. Three months. That's all. If I'm a complete failure, I'll be back here and you and Dad can take that trip to Mexico in the RV. If I'm a success and things work out right, we'll be able to hire people to take care of the farm."

"I know, honey. It's just, this is such a dirty business you're getting into - I mean, everything that's gone on..."

Sanders broadly smiles for a second.

"Ma, I'm the same man I've always been. You've taught me well, a few months on the road with some degenerates won't change me. After all, I survived college, right?"

"Who taught you to argue so well?"

"You and Dad. Well, mostly you."

"Don't you forget it. Now, I want you to be careful out there. You're a smart boy, but let's be honest here. There'll be some culture shock. I expect you to do some stupid things and I'm not even including getting in a ring with other large men who want to beat you up and leave ya' bloody. All I want ya' is to remember this - be a good man son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad."

It was a cheesy line, but it was true. He'd been on Earth twenty-four years and he knew the truth of that statement, slightly sheltered existence and all.

"Only thing I can be, Ma. Only thing I can be. Look, we only got a few more hours 'til we gotta' be on the road to the airport. I've gotta' finish packin' and everything. Can ya' make Mary Anne or Paula help me out?"

At that, Willa shrugged her shoulders and chuckled.

"That'll just make things take longer. It's already goin' to be like a funeral procession between the girls, their friends, your friends, and the rest of the whole country it seems like..."

Her voice trails off for a second.

"...anyway, you're a big boy now. Pack yourself."

At that, she tosses the empty piece of luggage at Sanders who catches it.

"Guess I should learn how to do this. Be sort of embarrassing for my clothes to spill out of my bag right outside of the arena."

Guest WhollyChao

Nice promo. It'll be interesting to see how this guy develops.

I thought you were a new guy until I looked you up a bit.

Welcome back, sailor.

It'll make a change to have a simpler character around - by simple I don't mean stupid, but a guy who's just decided to try wrestling to see if he's going to be good at it. I mean, the New Blood Division right now consists of a whirling dervish in a mask, a Canadian superhero impersonator in a mask, a journeyman evil genius heel who's some sort of technical wrestling god, and a giant juggalo - none of which I have a problem with, but that's a damn mixed bag. A farmboy character will be a pleasant change of pace.

Sign in to follow this