TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Copper Feel

Evan Almighty

I am probably going to see this tonight. It looks promising, and I have to say this type of role appears to be custom made for Carell.

It was pretty bad. The plot is awful and Carell totally phones it in. Plus, I felt the character of God was totally unlikeable. And I don't know what they spent the $175 million on, since the special effects aren't even that impressive.

I loved the animals, and Jonah Hill though.

It was pretty bad. The plot is awful and Carell totally phones it in. Plus, I felt the character of God was totally unlikeable. And I don't know what they spent the $175 million on, since the special effects aren't even that impressive.

I loved the animals, and Jonah Hill though.

That about sums up my thoughts.

I should have waited for a rental on this one - overall I just wasn't impressed much at all. Main issue I had was that the humor was hardly there at all.

Is this even still in the theatre? If so, I'm shocked.

It opened in England yesterday, I think.

I was dissapointed, the humour was virtually non existent throughout and when it did appear it was totally obvious and mostly lacked in variation. The character of the female politician was terrible, especially in terms of dialogue.

The real question is would you have paid to go see this movie had the plot kept the same, but Jim Carrey in his reprised role for the lead instead?

And I don't know what they spent the $175 million on, since the special effects aren't even that impressive.

Yeah, no kidding. How the hell did this movie cost more to make than Transformers?!!

After Evan Almighty doing so poorly, I wonder if they'll make an "Almighty" film with Ed Helms next.

I loved Bruce Almighty, but I thought the trailer for EA looked pretty poor. It looks more like something I'd catch on TV, enjoy it for what it is, but not something I'd want to go and pay $6 or so to watch on the big screen. I think my opinion of the film would be way more positive if I watch it on free TV instead of paying for it. :)

I hate the part of the trailer where Steve Carell yells "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEP".

True. When movies are released they have a thread made. If everybody on this forum dedicated a separate thread to their respective viewings of movies we wouldn't have any room.

Why didn't you just bump the existing Evan Almighty thread and make your comments there?

True. When movies are released they have a thread made. If everybody on this forum dedicated a separate thread to their respective viewings of movies we wouldn't have any room.

Why didn't you just bump the existing Evan Almighty thread and make your comments there?

Oh, I looked for one and couldunt find it. I also sometimes forget that England gets films after other countries.