TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

Toronto Film Scene?

Anyone from Toronto and working in the film/media industry?

I'm moving to Toronto in September and looking to get into it. I got a diploma in film from Confederation College in April. It was a great program, I got to write/direct/edit three short films and a music video on 17m. Also work on numerous crews for my classmates.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there, in case there's anyone who could help point me in the right direction.

I'm moving to Toronto in September and looking to get into it. I got a diploma in film from Confederation College in April. It was a great program, I got to write/direct/edit three short films and a music video on 17m. Also work on numerous crews for my classmates.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there, in case there's anyone who could help point me in the right direction.

I'd start with IATSE - http://www.iatse58.org/ - you'll probably have to start out low no doubt but it's a foot in the door.

Other than that it might be good to check out some of the studios/FX houses as well, such as Technicolor and see if you can get in with them.

i was under the impression that toronto's biggest film culture contribution was looking sort of like new york

Well, really, Toronto can look like any city..

Other than that it's much cheaper to film here than in the States. :P

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad
And Detroit. And Chicago.

no, I thought Vancouver is Chicago.

i was under the impression that toronto's biggest film culture contribution was looking sort of like new york

And Toronto is full of hippies and liberals.

I'd start with IATSE - http://www.iatse58.org/ - you'll probably have to start out low no doubt but it's a foot in the door.

Other than that it might be good to check out some of the studios/FX houses as well, such as Technicolor and see if you can get in with them.

Thank you. I've also been applying at a few places as an editors assistant etc. Pretty much any place that doesn't say "You need so many years of work experience" :P

That link is a big help, as I was wondering what unions they had in place down there..

And Toronto is full of hippies and liberals.

That too.