TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The Day-O Depreciation Thread

Beetlejuice is now 20 years old. Yet every time I go to a baseball game, I have to hear this insipid crap three or four times a game, where the loudspeaker will play "Day-O" and the crowd repeats it like trained sheep. It's annoying as hell.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Oh, it is very bad. I also had to put up with a lot of EV-RY-BO-DY-CLAP-YOUR-HANDS! when I went to a Brewers game. We need the crowd to sing songs, like the English do at soccer games. The fans at Wrigley sing along to "Go Cubs Go" after wins, which I find odd, since the song's chorus says "the Cubs are gonna win today," but they already did! Drunk yuppies don't get verb tenses.

This is one of my beloved childhood treasures that I have no interest in revisiting in my adulthood; let me have my memories. (FYI: Ed Wood is the only Tim Burton movie I much like these days, so I know Beetlejuice won't hold up.)

Burton's Batman movies don't stand up too well these days.

I disagree...I rewatched Batman the other day and still enjoyed it....but that's just me.

even though it was cheesy, I enjoyed Sleepy Hollow.

I also liked Big Fish.

Sleepy Hollow's pretty good, but that's just the horror nerd in me.

Batman suffers because of Nicholson, IMO. He steals the show, but it doesn't feel like you are watching the Joker.

A few summers ago at work, we were sitting around on break, talking about movies when I mentioned that I liked Big Fish. Everybody at the table made of fun of me for liking a shitty movie, then went right into a conversation about how funny Pauly Shore was.

A few summers ago at work, we were sitting around on break, talking about movies when I mentioned that I liked Big Fish. Everybody at the table made of fun of me for liking a shitty movie, then went right into a conversation about how funny Pauly Shore was.

I'm terrified of how often this might happen. Additionally true with Adam Sandler.

I can't believe that's still your signature. Fucking awesome. I giggle like hell every time I see it. Don't type what your job is for the next few weeks here, or you'll get asked at least twice "Oh, so that was your vocation?"

Yeah, I liked it, that's why I brought it up when one of them said it was a bad movie. If I learned anything from working there, it was to not listen to those guys' opinions on movies. This one guy would download shitty movies on his days off and then quote them all week to whoever would listen. He really liked Larry the Cable Guy having an air conditioner in the back windshield of his truck.

I wanna push the thread back to the topic of bad music at sporting events.

The Orioles have played John Denver's "Thank God Im a Country Boy" at the 7th inning stretch for as long as I can remember, goes back to the days of Mark Bellanger..

John Denver died October 12, 1997 in a plane crash.

The Orioles lost the next game they played in OPACY (Game 6 of the ALCS on October 15, losing the Series to the Indians) and have never had a .500 season since.

Its the Curse of John Denver! Stop playing "Thank God Im a Country Boy!"

But Pauly Shore is funny, just watch California Man.

As for Batman, the best thing about the film is Nicholson, the films pretty terrible otherwise but he makes the film very watchable.

Big Fish is an excellent movie.

Oh yeah, Enicino Man. Not sure why they changed the name over here. It's still awesome.

But the film is set in Enchino and they mention that an awful lot over the course of the film.

I know we Brits are not percieved as the sharpest of knives, but were not totally stupid.

Meh, California Man is a better title.

You're supposed to know just by hearing the title though. Besides, I didn't know being stupid was a British stereotype. It's an American one. Americans are apparently supposed to be too stupid to know what a philosopher is.

Besides, I didn't know being stupid was a British stereotype.

It is if you're me :P

come on man....Michael Keaton did surprisingly well as Bruce Wayne/Batman. If anyone brings the movie down, it's Kim Basinger

QFT, Basigner is pretty awful in the film. To be honest, as flawed as Batman is, I really enjoy watching it. Nicholson has some gold lines in that film.