TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Ric Flair quits WWE

Using Bobby Heenan just couldn't work today. "The Brain" never was a face character and no one would boo a sixty-years old cancer survivor.

Not only that but personally I just can't get used to his "new" voice post-surgery. He sounds like the greased up deaf guy on Family Guy. =\

Does this mean the Booker rumour was false as well?

This story could still be true, and the Booker one could be too.

Flair is asked:

"I heard you have now quit the WWE"

Flair says:

"That is not true. "

It doesn't mean the original story is false, because if he's come to terms on a return, he's back with the company, and is quite correct in saying he hasn't quit. If Flair is being honest, but the original story is true, then it's simply a non-denial denial. Of course, that's assuming those circumstances to be correct; the original story could be false or Flair could be lying. Either way, it's probably not wise to take Flair's comments at face value just yet. We'll probably know for sure either way in a few weeks.

when will people realize that Wrestling Internet Rumors are normally a 50/50 shot on being true or false? They're not always true, so yeah it's a possibility that the Booker T rumor is false as well.

when will people realize that Wrestling Internet Rumors are normally a 50/50 shot on being true or false? They're not always true, so yeah it's a possibility that the Booker T rumor is false as well.

Wouldn't this be the 50% that is true then?

I think he probably did give his notice in, but more to register his disgust with how he's being used rather than with a real intent to quit. I think when push comes to shove, they'll come to an agreement that will bring Flair back, if they haven't already.

As for Booker, I think if he doesn't appear tonight then it's pretty much a given he's suspended, at least. Has he quit over it? Maybe. That one wouldn't surprise me.

ahuh, but I've tend to notice a lot that when a wrestling internet rumor pops up, a lot of posters here believe it is true, while they should be all taken as a grain of salt until proved true.

Flair Says He's Still With WWE

Denies That He Gave Company Notice

By Josh Stewart

DOVER, Del.--Ric Flair didn't say he's back with World Wrestling Entertainment.

According to the 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, he never left.

On Saturday, Flair was at Dover International Speedway as a guest of Roadloans.com, the title sponsor for the day's NASCAR Busch Series race.

During a press conference, Flair announced that he is working a limited schedule with WWE, and never gave notice that he was leaving the company.

"Those reports were totally incorrect," said Flair.

But curiously, the press release from the track that preceded Flair's appearances described him as "currently retired" from the wrestling business.

Flair spoke in glowing terms about WWE, noting that Chairman Vince McMahon could run NASCAR if he had a month to get up to speed. Those comments stand in stark contrast to Internet rumors that he was leaving the company due to dissatisfaction with the storylines he's been offered.

Flair did say that he plans to retire from wrestling within the next year, as he wants to spend more time with his family, including playing with his kids.

"I have a new, beautiful young wife. She's very rewarding. I like playing with her, too," Flair said of wife Tiffany, who was sitting 20 feet away. Flair's quip was one of many that had the media in stitches.

Fans hope Flair's WWE work can be similarly entertaining as he winds up his career. But Flair added that he has been given no assurances about creative direction.

"They don't do that," Flair said of WWE. "And I wouldn't expect them to. I've earned the right to retire on my own terms, but I don't see myself as bigger than the WWE. If it works into a storyline that works with the program, then I'm happy with it. If not, we just walk away one day and say goodbye."

That said, Flair has an idea of how he would like things to go.

"If I could write that script, I would just say that I would be in a marquee position...I would like to wrestle a marquee guy, a big name, in my last match," Flair said. "Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, John Cena...I would love to wrestle in a marquee position in a marquee match and just have my finest hour."

I would not be suprised if Ric Flair is just covering for Vince. There was talk earlier this week that both sides came to an agreement. Flair got the program he wanted. I would not be suprised if there is also one more title run in there as well.

Flair has a new wife and a new buisiness. So its no suprise that the talk of him retiring would come up at this time.

Flair spoke in glowing terms about WWE, noting that Chairman Vince McMahon could run NASCAR if he had a month to get up to speed.

Because Vince has such a great record running ventures outside wrestling. :lol:

The Wrestlemania sounds nice and all, but the question is...do you really want to see Ric Flair in the main event of Wrestlemania?

The Wrestlemania sounds nice and all, but the question is...do you really want to see Ric Flair in the main event of Wrestlemania?

His match would be probably be below Edge vs Taker, so I wouldn't complain..

I'd love to see Ric Flair in the main event of Wrestlemania. I'd love to see him have a nice little main event run in the main event of several pay-per-view, and I'm not even a mark for the guy. When he's motivated and given a nice angle/opponent to work with he's delivered in his WWE run.