TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Ric Flair quits WWE

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_21611.shtml

WWE News: Ric Flair quits WWE, both sides trying to work things out

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Sep 4, 2007, 21:40

Ric Flair quit WWE this week over frustration with his push and a lack of any encouraging communication from the front office.

There are now discussions to try to talk him into cooling off and agreeing to not quit.

His situation doesn't appear to be at all related to the suspensions, although he's now more valuable with some names being gone for a month.

If things don't work out, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Flair could be offered a sweet and tempting deal to be part of TNA's two hour launch. TNA is interested and aware of the situation.

I'd be shocked if Flair went to TNA, espically since Vince Russo is still there.

It's just a ploy by Flair or an act of attention. Flair isn't going anywhere, like I said in the general thread, he'll get a sweetheart deal and come back.

And thus the "Flair to ROH" movement begins

Flair-Misawa would be appros.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_21611.shtml

WWE News: Ric Flair quits WWE, both sides trying to work things out

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Sep 4, 2007, 21:40

Ric Flair quit WWE this week over frustration with his push and a lack of any encouraging communication from the front office.

There are now discussions to try to talk him into cooling off and agreeing to not quit.

His situation doesn't appear to be at all related to the suspensions, although he's now more valuable with some names being gone for a month.

If things don't work out, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Flair could be offered a sweet and tempting deal to be part of TNA's two hour launch. TNA is interested and aware of the situation.

Damn, it would take alot (one would think at least) for Flair to walk away from WWE, since he's so tight with HHH, etc. But I can understand his frustrations....he hasnt been penciled to do hardly anything on Smackdown except putting over Khali one week, which is surprising since that show needs starpower so badly.

So was this the guy that was about to walk out on the company as reported a few days ago?

All I gotta say is it speaks volumes that Flair is frustrated with his push. Hell, he's basically fine putting guys over left and right as long as he's used, period.

How about we just put the World Title on Flair and have Edge win it when it's time for him to return?

Flair with the title is 100x more better than Khali or Rey, and Flair and Edge have a nice history anyways.

Flair's still on the Smackdown Roster page, so before we jump to "Where Flair is going to go?", how bout we wait until WWE makes an annoucement.

Ric Flair is a fool if he leaves. He plans on retiring in 8 months anyway right? Does he honestly think TNA would be able to do a Ric Flair retirement justice? (He could wrestle Sting at least I suppose.) I am sure he would have his choice of behind the scenes jobs as well with WWE if he stays.

I know when you are arguably the best of all time a less glamorous roll is hard to think but honestly, I think they probably need someone on the payroll full time just to constantly reassure Ric and keep him from having an emotional breakdown.

If for no other reason I think he will stay because of that expensive divorce settlement from last year. Naitch needs the bucks.

This sounds like leverage on Flair's part to ensure he gets a good "going away" if he does decide to retire within the year. If he does retire at Wrestlemania, I can see something like inducting him in the Hall of Fame and then having his retirement match on the PPV - hopefully against the other main inductee - Ricky Steamboat (A man can dream, can't he?).

Yeah I don't get this move at all. In fact it has to be a ploy. First off, I thought Flair was in trouble with the IRS and thus had to stay around in WWE to pay off the debt. Second, he was likely going to retire at WM next year and get a big send off. Why would he quit now?

Wasn't Flairs deal supposedly that he was completely broke between paying the IRS and his Ex-Wifes alimony, that he really had no choice but to work in some capacity for the rest of his life?

Yeah I don't get this move at all. In fact it has to be a ploy. First off, I thought Flair was in trouble with the IRS and thus had to stay around in WWE to pay off the debt. Second, he was likely going to retire at WM next year and get a big send off. Why would he quit now?

Plus he has to know that, regardless of what they do with him, he's going to be one of the most over performers on any show. At a point where the WWE is drastically low on star power, the name "Ric Flair" can still generate interest and thus provide him leverage in this situation.

wow that's kinda shocking, my guess is he's holdin out for more money or some sort of push, if it didnt work out i'd like to see a retirement tour, here's what my dream tour would be:

1 weekend in ROH facin Danielson and Nigel respectively

1 CHIKARA show facing Mike Quackenbush

A Japan Tour facing Muta, Liger, Chono, Nagata and finally concluding in facing Antonio Inoki one final time

This has been such a horrible year for the wwe that this almost is not surprising. Just damn.

However, I wouldn't expect him to leave. Considering how tight he is with HHH and the fact keller says they are trying to bring him back, I would expect him to return. I mean its bad enough flair has put himself into the situation of HAVING to wrestle till he's damn near 60 years old when he should have retired with grace years ago but to walk away this close to retiring to go to that shit hole tna would be equally as stupid as his past mistakes. I can't think of a more bone headed thing to do if you care at all about your legacy and wanting to go out at least half way decently. If Mcmahon and the wwe have any brains what so ever they will have have a long program that leads to his retirement match at wrestlemania which would NO doubt be a money program. I would buy wrestlemania for that one moment by itself. Don't make a stupid mistake wwe.

With all the names WWE has lost recently ranging from Jericho to Angle to Big Show to RVD. Then take into account the injuries that plague the roster half the time, and the fact that Hogan is on bad terms with the company. You'd think they'd be begging Ric Flair to stay, and possibly calling up Foley to do one tv match a month and a ppy.

Why not bring Flair to Raw and make him the Vince's baby boy? If Vince is 50, Rey Mysterio is 5'6", Khali is a champion, hell why not let Ric be a McMahon!

Plus he has to know that, regardless of what they do with him, he's going to be one of the most over performers on any show. At a point where the WWE is drastically low on star power, the name "Ric Flair" can still generate interest and thus provide him leverage in this situation.

Considering the spelling change on the last name, can he even USE "Ric Flair" outside of WWE? I know he could keep Ric, but the change of spelling could constitute a stage name that WWE would not mind throwing some money at.

I'm surprised Naitch would even be in this situation considering how close he is with Triple H.

The very first thing I thought of.

Also, considering how close Flair and McMahon are, I call either bullshit or this story isn't in as full effect as we're led to believe.

And thus the "Flair to ROH" movement begins

Flair-Misawa would be appros.

Two immobile middle age guys chopping each other ad nausem for 30 minutes?

Middle age? Middle age passed them by some time ago.