TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/10-9/16

Only 7.5 games up on the playoffs. How do Sox fans deal with the pain?

I'd like to point out that for all the supposed failures, the Red Sox haven't lost 90+ games in a season since 1966, and 1992-94 was the only time they finish under .500 in consecutive seasons.

Yes, I am overreacting. I'll admit it. It's not that I think we'll miss the playoffs, but it's a total stomach punch to watch this team surrender a five run lead in the eight inning to the motherfucking Yankees. Yeah, I try to be levelheaded most of the time, but a loss is a loss and it still hurts.

I totally disagreed with the decision to go to Okajima in the 7th, and I really didn't like sticking with him in 8th. The guy looks tired. He has said in interviews that he is tired. Tito needs to let up on him a bit if he wants him to do anything in the playoffs. They should have let Lopez pitch to Matsui and then gone to Delcarmen or Gagne in the eighth. Just horrible bullpen management.

And yes I know Jose Reyes isn't exactly Charlie Hustle all the time himself, but he actually hustled down that line on his game ender to 2nd!

For someone spouting about how his team was "The Team To Beat" back in Spring Training, he sure hasn't done much in terms of beating the actual team his team HAS to beat. Okay, he has done some things, but he was a non-factor tonight anyway.

And yes I know Jose Reyes isn't exactly Charlie Hustle all the time himself, but he actually hustled down that line on his game ender to 2nd!

For someone spouting about how his team was "The Team To Beat" back in Spring Training, he sure hasn't done much in terms of beating the actual team his team HAS to beat. Okay, he has done some things, but he was a non-factor tonight anyway.

I never understood why Mets fans got upset. What's wrong with showing a little self-confidence? The New York sports media loves to take quotes and blow them into a story.

For the record, Rollins is hitting .364 against the Mets this season with a .712 slugging percentage.

I never understood why Mets fans got upset. What's wrong with showing a little self-confidence? The New York sports media loves to take quotes and blow them into a story.

For the record, Rollins is hitting .364 against the Mets this season with a .712 slugging percentage.

Because the Phillies for the last decade have been classic under achievers and went into the season having the same flaws that the Mets had (pitching depth, especially the pen)

Plus, you should know this by now, the NY media loves trying to pick someone for their fans to rally against. Basically they wanted Rollins to be the Chipper Jones of the Phillies. Maybe they thought the same thing as there were a lot of anti-Met sentiment heading into the season, but I think they were trying to create something that usually happens organically.

IF the Dodgers can hold on, they'll also be half a game behind the Padres.

This team's starting pitching is phenomenal.

In the absurd, but totally understandable by MLB standards, news of the day Alyssa Milano will be a reporter for TBS during the playoffs.

She's banged half of the players in the league. She might've picked up a thing or two about the game.

In the absurd, but totally understandable by MLB standards, news of the day Alyssa Milano will be a reporter for TBS during the playoffs.

Have you seen her blog? She's rather knowledgeable about the game.

IF the Dodgers can hold on, they'll also be half a game behind the Padres.

This team's starting pitching is phenomenal.

Not so fast. The Padres pulled one out of their asses last night.

I knew I couldn't count on the Giants.

Fuck Grady Little with a 12 inch dildo. Old piece of shit Luis Gonzalez is going to start and bat CLEANUP today while Matt Kemp watches from the bench.

Brilliant.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Fuck Grady Little with a 12 inch dildo. Old piece of shit Luis Gonzalez is going to start and bat CLEANUP today while Matt Kemp watches from the bench.

Brilliant.

Grady, you moron, you only bat Luis Gonzalez cleanup against the Cubs.

Speaking of them, they're failing to score on Braden Looper and Ryan Franklin. Say what you will about the Cardinals having a bad year, but there's still Cardinal Magic when you can extract twelve (maybe thirteen) wins out of Braden Looper.

edit: 2r hr fr #12 nvrmnd

Yes read it all the time. She's very knowledgeable (although I don't like the shots at Moneyball). Don't know if she should be a reporter for the playoffs though.

I really don't like Dustin Pedroia. He makes that grounder up the middle look so much harder than it actually is.

edit: Youkilis swung at that pitch, I don't care if he was hit.

edit2: I don't care if there was no warnings issued yet, Beckett was OBVIOUSLY throwing at Giambi, throw him out.

Who blows it for Milwaukee tonight?

My guess- Suppan gives up 7 or 8 runs early & a strong effort from the bullpen/offensive comeback will come up just a bit short.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Yes read it all the time. She's very knowledgeable (although I don't like the shots at Moneyball).

Who's the Boss? didn't need Nielsen ratings because it had the fire and the passion.

I think the Brewers can look at this season as a positive. If it ended today they would still carry their best win/loss percentage since 1992. Plus their core is very young, and likely to improve further.

Here's a thought. The Rangers were lambasted for giving Alex Rodriguez the ten year contract back before the 2001 contract. If Rodriguez opts out, wouldn't that indicate the contract was actually a good one in hindsight?

Yes, this season has been great compared to the last 15 years, but the bullpen collapses over the past month have been among the more pathetic I have ever seen.