TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Alberta Bound.

So as of tomorrow I'm heading out towards Alberta, unfortunatley I won't be arriving to Fort McMurray until Wednesday, which means spending nine hours in Edmonton. The trip is going to be long, but I can not drink unfortunately as the job I am going for requires you to take a urine and blood test.

So for anyone who lives out in Alberta, what can I expect? Other than housing and rent which you pay up the ass, is everything else so bloody expensive?

I also suggest heading all the way up Whyte (away from the University) until it turns into 82 ave and go to a place called Charles Smarts for a donair. They are the best thing I have ever tasted.

Dude, if you think the donairs out there are the best things you've ever tasted, you *need* to go to Nova Scotia and get a real donair.

Hell, the only reason they have donairs out there is because so fucking many Maritimers move out there. Hell, in Fort McMurray, a few years ago, they had fucking Newfoundland Television!

Potentially something slightly different then. Donairs as they are out here are basically like, gyros, except someone fucked with the recipe and made them into something a little different. Perhaps something similar happened out there?

I know for a fact though that they're not as common out in Alberta, unless things have changed since I was last out there. Practically every pizza place in Nova Scotia also sells donairs.

Since I don't pay rent, thanks to the company I work for, I basically pocket all my money.

Yes, there is NTV which is Newfie TV, and I work with a bunch of them.