TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 9.25.07

I sure hope it's not Burke at the pay-per-view, I think Punk has beaten the man probably 6-7 times clean in singles and tag matches since the inception of ECW. It's kind of like how CM Punk had beaten Nitro 1-2 times before Nitro became champion, and they conveniently forgot it. That is probably one of the biggest complaints I've had about WWE is the lack of continuity. I was surprised they brought up the fact that Carlito beat Cena on Smackdown for the US title when Carlito had a segment a few months back with Cena.

I'll admit I laughed at one thing in the striker/punk match. Striker was working over punks hand and was bending his fingers apart and he looked up at the crowd and yelled "see hes a big daddy V fan!" then he turned around to Vis and said it again. I thought that was pretty funny.

I hope they redo thorns character....I think he has potential..the gimmick just sucks

I wouldn't mind seeing WWE give Thorne's "Mordecai" character another run. I was starting to warm-up to the character before he got shipped back to OVW in 2004.

PWI

Outside of people just not caring about ECW, was there something major on other stations that would explain such a terrible number?

New tv season started. The hyped match was with Thorn-Dreamer-Burke. That wouldn't sell me. It's like promoting Super Crazy and Lance Cade for Raw.

PWI

Outside of people just not caring about ECW, was there something major on other stations that would explain such a terrible number?

New seasons for shows and new shows galore, also Sci-fi is still a newtwork that isn't a common channel, oh and it's on the sci-fi channel as well.

PWI

Punk's title reign is bombing. Time to put the title on Big Daddy V!

Well, let's not forget that they were planning on giving the title back to JM after the suspension. This obviously makes the title change all the more likely.

PWI

Halo 3 gameplay probably took out a chunk of the audience.

And Steak n' Shake has new shake flavors, that might put a dent in the ratings, too.

No shit? I'm so there!

PWI

Punk's title reign is bombing. Time to put the title on Big Daddy V!

When you have main events that have boogyman or matt striker in them, what do you or anyone else expect? IMHO you can't possibly blame punk or anyone who has the title for that matter, when you have such few people on the roster and main event matches that consist of low card talent that people don't give a shit about.