TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Kurt Angle Arrested

I think the RVD comparison is ass.

He was never anything more than a transitional champ to launch the ECW brand. Taking the title of him is nothing but moving up storylines by a couple of weeks.

Let's say Undertaker is World champ. Wins the title at Wrestlemania and gets busted for a DWI two weeks later.

Do you HONESTLY think that he's losing the title on the next Smackdown?

honestly?

Honestly? Yeah, I think he probably would. Or would at least lose it pretty soon, and not the belt back anytime in the near future. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about Vince's sanity on that one. But you can sure as hell bet that he wouldn't still be champion when he walked into court to face the charges and possibly be found guilty. TNA has done pretty much nothing whatsoever to even attempt any sort of damage control or to punish Angle in any way. It's basically, "Drunk driving charge? WHAT drunk driving charge?" and continuing onward with Angle being pushed as the number one star like nothing happened.

Honestly? Yeah, I think he probably would. Or would at least lose it pretty soon, and not the belt back anytime in the near future. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about Vince's sanity on that one. But you can sure as hell bet that he wouldn't still be champion when he walked into court to face the charges and possibly be found guilty. TNA has done pretty much nothing whatsoever to even attempt any sort of damage control or to punish Angle in any way. It's basically, "Drunk driving charge? WHAT drunk driving charge?" and continuing onward with Angle being pushed as the number one star like nothing happened.

The current world champions in WWE were both busted on steroids twice last year and were rewarded with the belts. RVD losing the WWE title was going to happen a couple of weeks later anyway. Him losing the ECW title and getting buried for months after that was a result of the anti Heyman political contingent winning out.

A better comparison would be if something happened to Cena pre-injury. Angle is far and away the biggest star in TNA. No one else is even close. RVD was maybe the #3 guy in WWE star-power wise and about #15 in terms of backstage pull when they took the title off of him.

Sting beat Angle for the belt at the next PPV

I always did wonder if Angle's DUI bust had anything to do with him dropping the belt.