TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 7: You Mean There's A Football Team In Denver?

They could push the playoffs back one week and have the game played the week where the playoffs were supposed to start. If the game has to go on, its has to go on. I just think it been in the Chargers best interest (since 40 Charger players and personel where dislocated because of the fires) for the NFL to move the date of the game. Im sure the Chargers werent really thinking about football anyways this week.

Like I said, the NFL did the same thing in 2003 in the same situation and everything was fine. They didn't postpone any games for Katrina either. This isn't 9/11 where you have to postpone every single game, and this isn't college where you've got lots of time to make up games after the season.

No. I live in San Diego and I am fine with the game being played in Arizona. It's not like it's in Houston (like that New Orleans in NY example).

Well Los Angeles does have a decent Charger fan base. It would be nice for the Chargers to have a little bit of a home crowd, rather than play at a neutral site (which had a pretty pathetic crowd) like they did in 2003. Ticket holders can that are not affected by the fire can still make it up to the game if they want to. If I were a Charger fan I would much rahter have the game played in Los Angeles where its about a 3 or 4 hour drive (it really depends if the OC fires are contained by then) than a 4-5 hour drive to Glendale or Tempe.

Exactly. You're banking on the idea the fires would be contained to the north of San Diego. What if it isn't? It's just better to put it OUT OF THE REGION, in Arizona. Yeah the fanbase suffers for one week, but so what? It's just football. They have more important things to worry about than attending a football game.

Like I said, the NFL did the same thing in 2003 in the same situation and everything was fine. They didn't postpone any games for Katrina either. This isn't 9/11 where you have to postpone every single game, and this isn't college where you've got lots of time to make up games after the season.

I really don't see the problem of postphoning one game to the end of the season and pushing the playoffs back one week. Im sure if they do go that route (which I personally don't think the NFL will do) then I fully believe the NFL can make it work. I'm just looking at the issue from the perpective of a season-ticket holder. I would much rather have the game played in Los Angeles or moved towards the end of the season.