TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 7: You Mean There's A Football Team In Denver?

I win 200 bucks if Pittsburgh wins by 5.5, so maybe there's an added degree of excitement/worry, but how many times has Roethlisberger been hurried/sacked now? 25? Fuckin ridiculous.

See what I'm saying, guys? Minny's for real, Dallas is not.

Up 14-7 in the 3rd. I really want to watch that game, but I'm stuck with Seattle-St. Louis. Wonderful.

HA!

What was that again?

I win 200 bucks if Pittsburgh wins by 5.5, so maybe there's an added degree of excitement/worry, but how many times has Roethlisberger been hurried/sacked now? 25? Fuckin ridiculous.

Damn. Last I looked the spread was Pitt -4

Guest Vitamin X

Up 14-7 in the 3rd. I really want to watch that game, but I'm stuck with Seattle-St. Louis. Wonderful.

HA!

What was that again?

So much for Minnesota getting in this game. It wasn't quite the squashing others predicted, I'll give them that much. Having to deal with Adrian Peterson in the NFC North for at least the next few years is going to suck, though.

Dallas still had a sloppy win, though. This wasn't the drubbing many people had expected earlier in the thread.

Nevermind, you know what? Fuck defending the stupid Vikings. What the hell am I doing. Bye weeks are boring.

HA!

What was that again?

So much for Minnesota getting in this game. It wasn't quite the squashing others predicted, I'll give them that much. Having to deal with Adrian Peterson in the NFC North for at least the next few years is going to suck, though.

Dallas still had a sloppy win, though. This wasn't the drubbing many people had expected earlier in the thread.

Nevermind, you know what? Fuck defending the stupid Vikings. What the hell am I doing. Bye weeks are boring.

Yup. Saw the other post, just had to fuck with you about the 1st one.

You need someone to take out Peterson's knees tho. You should be more worried about that than anything.

Bye week for me next week. Hopefully Romo can rest up and be ready to play at philly in 2 weeks.

Fuck defending the stupid Vikings.

Hey, up yours, Leo!

You need someone to take out Peterson's knees tho.

Up yours too, CowboyAOL

Surprised it wasn't mentioned, but Priest Holmes saw his first game action in 2 years. Only 4 carries for 9 yards and a loss of 6 on one reception but it's still a remarkable achievement coming back from a neck injury (especially playing RB).

Oh, and apparently Ronnie Brown has a torn ACL.

Well we've had to deal with Barry Sanders for years, so this is par for course.

Yeah, but Peterson is on a team that could eventually turn into a real threat. Not that the Lions aren't, but none of Sanders' teams were anything but Barry and Co..

Seems to me that the Lions had a heck of a reciever named Herman Moore who once held the NFL record for most receptions. That was also when Scott Mitchell had his breakout season. That Lions dquad also had Johnnie Morton and Brett Perriman who also put up good numbers.

Scott Mitchell's stats: 32 TDs, 12 INTs, and a QB rating of 92.3.

Herman Moore: 123 catches, 1686 yards, 13.7 ypr, 14 TD

Brett Perriman: 108 catches, 1488 yards, 13.8 ypr, 9 TD

Johnnie Morton: 44 catches, 590 yards, 13.4 ypr, 8 TD

Those were all taken from the 1995 season.

Holy crap was that Carell bit painful to watch. Wow.

Edit: Can these commentators get any more slobber on Tom Brady's dick? I suggest that the answer is no.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That was fucking ridiculous.

Bubby Brister could throw a couple dozen TDs with that line and those receivers. Guy really is the next Montana.

Yes I'm a shameless hater. Don't care.

Yeah, this Pats hype has gotten entirely out of hand considering they have mostly been squashing a bunch of jobbers with the exception of Dallas. And yes, San Diego when they played the Patriots were in fact playing like jobbers.

Well we've had to deal with Barry Sanders for years, so this is par for course.

Yeah, but Peterson is on a team that could eventually turn into a real threat. Not that the Lions aren't, but none of Sanders' teams were anything but Barry and Co..

Seems to me that the Lions had a heck of a reciever named Herman Moore who once held the NFL record for most receptions. That was also when Scott Mitchell had his breakout season. That Lions dquad also had Johnnie Morton and Brett Perriman who also put up good numbers.

Scott Mitchell's stats: 32 TDs, 12 INTs, and a QB rating of 92.3.

Herman Moore: 123 catches, 1686 yards, 13.7 ypr, 14 TD

Brett Perriman: 108 catches, 1488 yards, 13.8 ypr, 9 TD

Johnnie Morton: 44 catches, 590 yards, 13.4 ypr, 8 TD

Those were all taken from the 1995 season.

That was the fluke season of fluke seasons. Plus the offensive coordinator was shortly fired after that....whos next stop was the Colts and is still there.

I don't even dislike the Pats; obviously, they're playing the best football in the NFL right now and would likely squash all but maybe three or four teams. But Kornheiser was engaged in a discussion with himself about how incredibly awesome Tom Brady is and how totally jealous Peyton Manning must be for pretty much the entire first half, and then again in the fourth quarter.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

If you don't think the Booyahs are going to milk this thing, you're kuh-raaaazy.

Honestly they would be stupid to. While the fires going on is a terrible thing for San Diego, it's not the first time it's happened (2003) and there isn't that many deaths like Katrina. Then you add in the fact Chargers are supposed to be good to begin with vs New Orleans shocking people last year, I don't see how it's the same thing at all. Where was this milking in 2003 anyways?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Of course it'd be stupid, but we're talking about the same channel that gave Mario Lopez a show about entertainment news.

Since we are on the Chargers and San Diego I really hope the game with the Texans is postphoned until the end of the season. Even though I am not a fan, It really was travesty and an embrassment that they played in Arizona in 2003. The NFL has not had a good track track record in relocated games (New Orleans having a "home game" in New York in 2005 comes to mind). If it is not possible to have the game postphoned, they should play in Los Angeles at the Coliseum. Its football ready and Los Angeles has a pretty decent Charger fan base here. It's probably not what the NFL is thinking, but its still better than playing at a neutral site.

As for the Katrina comparisons, I agree its not the same as Katrina but when a half of a million people are displaced its pretty bad. Its looking pretty bad down there for the moment and overall its been a a bad week for Southern California including myself who had to endure an evacuation because of the fires in Santa Clarita