TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Jericho: "Ring of Honor fans are losers"

I'd much rather stand in line outside an ROH show with those people than outside a WWE show. Damn the E fans embarrass the shit out of me for liking wrestling. Plus, nobody at an ROH show brings in stupid signs blocking my view.

Exactly. I've been to six ROH shows now, and while there are some really obnoxious people there, there are also a lot of pretty cool fans, who just want to have a good time and enjoy the product. I've been to several WWE shows to, and the fans there annoy me a lot more (for example, the grumpy hillbillies with a "We Want Undertaker" sign at a June 2006 house show, someone shouldn've told them that there are no cameras and that nobody gives a shit).

They just do a lot of chants that range from quite clever to really fucking irritating and stupid.

Anyways, while not every ROH fan is the same, their target audience is the nerdiest of the already mostly nerdy wrestling fans. The Trekkies of Wrestling if you will.

I'd much rather stand in line outside an ROH show with those people than outside a WWE show. Damn the E fans embarrass the shit out of me for liking wrestling. Plus, nobody at an ROH show brings in stupid signs blocking my view.

Nope instead they stand up and stand up for a few minutes to long and block everyone's view. One of the wrestlers who I was with at the ROH show in SF missed two match finishes because this fat fuck wouldn't sit down while everyone else was.

Hell even APW got pist off because the fans wouldn't sit the fuck down. APW actually got secuirty on the fans and security made those people sit the fuck down.

Nope instead they stand up and stand up for a few minutes to long and block everyone's view. One of the wrestlers who I was with at the ROH show in SF missed two match finishes because this fat fuck wouldn't sit down while everyone else was.

Hell even APW got pist off because the fans wouldn't sit the fuck down. APW actually got secuirty on the fans and security made those people sit the fuck down.

I guess I'm spoiled by seats 2nd row or better.

They just do a lot of chants that range from quite clever to really fucking irritating and stupid.

Anyways, while not every ROH fan is the same, their target audience is the nerdiest of the already mostly nerdy wrestling fans. The Trekkies of Wrestling if you will.

Bingo. ROH wants these dorks money, they cater to them. WWE is familys, mainstream. Sure they have fanatics, but ROH gets those losers who have no social life and just spend their free time in front of a computer screen.

We are all wrestling fans. But some here go to university or have a real job. Plus, have a social life thats normal with members of the opposite sex and everything.

Work as tech support for someone and spend more than an hour on the internet a day.

Just saying

We are all wrestling fans. But some here go to university or have a real job. Plus, have a social life thats normal with members of the opposite sex and everything.

Work as tech support for someone and spend more than an hour on the internet a day.

Just saying

I'm still gonna have to disagree. I think any amount of time spent here besides no time is kind of lame :) . I'm sure ROH fans are the wrestling equivalent of Trekkies. I'm sure a good portion of them are well spoken, well respected members of society with social lives who just have nerdy interests but the ones that are the most vocal about their love of it draw the most attention and ire. I think it's unfair to deem the entire or even the majority of the fanbase (even a fanbase as small as ROH has) of something as a bunch of geeks who live with their mothers and wear punch bucket shoes.

Never been to an ROH show or even watched very much of ROH but going to WWE shows has always been downright depressing to me but I'll be damned if it doesn't make for some fun people watching.