TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Floridian Cool

Masters and DH Smith suspended

Some of you have the Ariel/Batista thing all wrong. This is what happened.

During the Smackdown taping, Michelle McCool and Jillian Hall were having a match. Batista was backstage talking shit about how the match was a total waste of time when they could be using it to get him over some more. Ariel, being a very good friend of Jillian, didn't like this and got into Batista's face and basically told him he was a moron. Batista went to management about it and the next day, WWE.Com was wishing Ariel the best in all her future endeavors. According to those who would know, Ariel was not a favorite of Stephanie McMahon. She already had one strike against her before she even debuted because she was a Paul Heyman product and if Heyman is an open supporter of you, it usually doesn't end pretty since Stephanie hates Heyman to a degree no one can imagine. Strike two was that Stephanie didn't think she had the "WWE Diva look" and didn't understand why that look was supposed to make her sexy. So when Batista went and cried "bad attitude!" to management, it just gave them a reason to get rid of someone that they really didn't care to have in the first place, especially since Heyman was gone by that point.

I don't know about all that but I just finished the Sandman shoot and even he says Ariel had a bad attitude backstage. I just think there was more to it than one altercation with Batista but I don't have any inside sources to confirm this.

The latest Observer says that 'several sources have corroborated' that Smith's last drugs test was on September 13th and it was that one that he failed, for steroids. Dave said the only conclusion anyone has been able to come to, including people internally, is that Smith got his initial push so WWE could show that they were willing to suspend a guy they had just started pushing. However, the decision to bring Smith up and push him came after they had received his test results.

If that's the case, WWE is even more stupid than I thought. What a ridiculous waste of resources. The company needs to be more concerned about fostering an environment less reliant on drug abuse than trying to make examples to save face with their detractors.

I am by no means taking up for WWE, but they may have thought it would look a lot worse if they pushed Smith for the first time when he came back from his suspension. They have probably always wanted to push him, and figured the media or congress would look at it unfavorably if they pushed a guy that had never been on TV and failed a drug test. This isn't exactly any better, but I bet they were baniing on no legitimate media or congress learning of this. I'm sure they figured this was the best way.

Can't say they are really saving face if these rumors turn out to be true and become more public. The fact they're giving a fake push to a wrestler just to make their Wellness program look more 'real', using a lie, wouldn't do them any favors.