TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Floridian Cool

Masters and DH Smith suspended

That was quick, Harry.

Following in his father's footsteps. You'd think that after your dad died in his 40s from abusing steroids you might be a little apprehensive about abusing the stuff yourself.

This is Masters' second or third time, isn't it? He must be the dumbest man on the planet, but at what point do you cut ties, especially with someone who doesn't even offer that much and are a dime a dozen.

That was quick, Harry.

Following in his father's footsteps. You'd think that after your dad died in his 40s from abusing steroids you might be a little apprehensive about abusing the stuff yourself.

His dad was only 39, shockingly. No excuses for this and I'm appalled. Shouldn't be, given all that has gone on, but still am.

Put me in with the category of people who are surprised about DH Smith, he really should know better. On top of that what a great way to start off. As far as Masters goes I dont know why but for some reason I like the guy so I wouldn't want to see him fired. That being said, he should get the axe. The fact that he hasn't been fired makes me think that the WWE is really high on the guy.

I wonder if the only thing keeping Masters job is the fact he'd make a helluva witness against the wwe. Afterall he took the policy seriously and dropped a lot of mass and was ridiculed on camera for it, and no doubt behind the scenes as well to the point he thought it was in best career interest to juice up again.

I want the big fish caught - HHH and Batista specifically, however they're probably paid well enough to be able to afford the undetectable stuff and or are high enough in the food chain to know when tests are coming. Baseball was recently exposed by the fact that players knew a day before that the tests were coming because the independant testers would have to call and arrange parking and security passes the day before, as well as a room where the testing could take place. I'm betting HHH is privy to such information and passes it on to his chosen ones.

They haven't wrestled long enough to need prescription painkillers, have they? I always figured you'd go on the normal stuff until it got to the point where you needed the prescription, and then you just went to a doctor that would prescribe you whatever you wanted.

From the AP:

WWE suspends 2 wrestlers for violations of drug policy

November 2, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn. -- World Wrestling Entertainment said Friday it has suspended two wrestlers for violating its drug policy.

The company identified the performers as Chris Mordetsky and Harry Smith. It's the second suspension for Mordetsky, who wrestles under the name Chris Masters. He's been suspended for 60 days. Smith, who wrestles as D.H. Smith, was flagged with his first violation and will be sidelined 30 days, said WWE spokesman Gary Davis.

Under the WWE substance abuse and drug testing policy begun last year, which requires tests for steroids and other drugs, a wrestler faces a 30-day suspension without pay for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation. Performers are tested at least four times per year.

The Stamford-based company would not identify the drugs for which either man tested positive. The WWE suspended 10 wrestlers in August for drug violations but did not identify them. As part of its new policy that began Thursday, the company now identifies the performers. Davis would not comment on whether Mordetsky one of the 10 suspended this summer.

"WWE is very serious about eradicating the use of steroids and the abuse of prescription drugs," Davis said. "And we hope by making the names of our performers public it that will be a further deterrent to the other performers."

The WWE said the Augusts suspensions were based on independent information from the Albany County New York District Attorney's Office, which has been investigating illegal sales of steroids and growth hormones.

That was quick, Harry.

After Charlie Haas and Chavo Guerrero Jr., it doesn't surprise me anymore.

To be fair, we don't know how exactly both men failed the Wellness Policy. It could just as easily be for using painkillers they don't have a prescription for, than anything steroid related.

It's worth noting that either they have no reliable method for determining levels of painkillers or just let everything fly with a prescription, as the only know painkiller suspensions were for testing positive w/o prescriptions, not excessive levels (Kurt Angle never failed a drug test for painkillers, for example). Wrestlers who were sent to rehab or fired for painkiller problems were judged based on showing up wasted, not drug tests. Also, going to rehab w/o an actual "failure" does not count as a strike against you, otherwise Masters would be fired.

Holy shit. I guess Harry Smith wins the "WWE Stupid Fucking Dumbass of the Month Award" for the month of November.

I didn't see much in him anyway. All of this hoopla over him for all this time by the internet sort of makes me scratch my head. He's nothing special from what I've seen and probably wouldn't even be looked at by many if not for his name.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Call me when they suspend the owner of the company or his son-in-law.

<a href="http://www.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2003/09/15/186827.html" target="_blank">http://www.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2003/09/15/186827.html</a>

"I've never taken steroids, I don't plan to. I loved my Dad, and yes he made mistakes, but I have learned from them. I won't go down that path." -- Harry Smith

He was only 17 when he said that.

I wonder if the only thing keeping Masters job is the fact he'd make a helluva witness against the wwe. Afterall he took the policy seriously and dropped a lot of mass and was ridiculed on camera for it, and no doubt behind the scenes as well to the point he thought it was in best career interest to juice up again.

I want the big fish caught - HHH and Batista specifically, however they're probably paid well enough to be able to afford the undetectable stuff and or are high enough in the food chain to know when tests are coming. Baseball was recently exposed by the fact that players knew a day before that the tests were coming because the independant testers would have to call and arrange parking and security passes the day before, as well as a room where the testing could take place. I'm betting HHH is privy to such information and passes it on to his chosen ones.

And we have a winner.

That's why Masters still has a job. He's an unpushed lump with no appreciable ring talent. However, he was ridiculed on camera for getting off the roids and losing mass. If they fired him, they'd get their asses handed to them PR wise as soon as he gave an interview.

And we have a winner.

That's why Masters still has a job. He's an unpushed lump with no appreciable ring talent. However, he was ridiculed on camera for getting off the roids and losing mass. If they fired him, they'd get their asses handed to them PR wise as soon as he gave an interview.

Not a God damn thing would happen. The main stream press could give a shit at this point and they wouldn't be able to use the footage with out WWE's permission.

And we have a winner.

Not a God damn thing would happen. The main stream press could give a shit at this point and they wouldn't be able to use the footage with out WWE's permission.

I'm sure there are personal pictures he took with friends/family during the periods that would show is mass change that would be just as telling.

And we have a winner.

So post-Benoit they were handing out the Benoit match footage?

Early on the mainstream media wouldn't give a shit, I agree, but once he got out and said something to the investigators (like Giambi did) THAT would start a whole new story of "ROIDS IN TEH RASSLIN!?!?!@$" that the media would inevitably latch on. Hell, if they can show Princess Di shit a decade later they can re-latch on to pro wrestling less than 6 months later.

Guest cheetoe

This almost sounds worked. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it's literaly 1 day after the new wellness rules take effect. It seems like 2 people, 1 a guy no one really cares about or respects (Masters ), and the other a rookie who still has his whole career ahead of him and really hasn't done anything to make people feel one way or the other, except be born to a former star, are sacrificial lambs. What better way to show people how well the new setup is working. Throw 2 guys under the bus, write up a press release proudly exclaiming how well the new system works, and get on with buisness as usual. Who knows. I sadly admit, I wouldn't put anything past them to protect their "money" guys with the rash of injuries lately. :(

And we have a winner.

So post-Benoit they were handing out the Benoit match footage?

Early on the mainstream media wouldn't give a shit, I agree, but once he got out and said something to the investigators (like Giambi did) THAT would start a whole new story of "ROIDS IN TEH RASSLIN!?!?!@$" that the media would inevitably latch on. Hell, if they can show Princess Di shit a decade later they can re-latch on to pro wrestling less than 6 months later.

I thought I read the government gave up on the investigation?

Also, wasn't WWE suppose to start testing for side affect drugs guys use for steriod/HGH use? How is Batista getting around all of this?

You honestly think that they would throw Harry Smith under the bus with the potential future he has? Just to show the general public that people will get busted and they will release names. You think they lied about him using so they could show that? Really? Wow.

Masters does not surprise me, now the question is when does he get fired

now with Harry he's gotta get the "Dumb Ass of the month" award, I really think this kid's future is shot in the WWE but I really hope I'm wrong and he'll realize his mistake

Guest cheetoe
You honestly think that they would throw Harry Smith under the bus with the potential future he has? Just to show the general public that people will get busted and they will release names. You think they lied about him using so they could show that? Really? Wow.

I think it would be stupid, which is exactly why i wouldn't put it past them. I think it would be with an understanding that he would recieve something down the road in return for "taking one for the team". I know it's most likely not what's happening, it's just that at this point i wouldn't put it past them to do it. No one in that company is going to win any awards for making intelligent decisions. When you read some of the reasoning they have for pushes, de-pushes, punishment, squashes, ect., ect., It just leaves me with my jaw droping. I couldn't imagine running a multi-million dollar corporation like that. They seem to be successful in spite of themselves, not for anything they have done to push pro wrestling forward into the future. :(

I don't think they falsified the test results or anything dumb like that, but it is a hell of a coincedence that they announce two relative nobodies getting suspended a day after the new rule takes effect. Probably these two failed a test sometime in the recent past, and the office sat on the suspension until the "name names in public" policy was officially in place. In order to send a message that Vince won't take no guff when it comes to drug use.