TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/6 - 11/10

How the hell do they control their destiny? I'd think stockpiling conference wins would help that than losing them.

If they beat Ohio State (big "if", obviously), then I think they'd win the conference regardless of whether they lose this game or not.

There was some thought that Michigan might just concede this game with Henne and Hart banged up since they still control their own destiny to win the conference and with their at large BCS hopes being very slim.

And just like that Michigan scores, although I don't know how they couldn't review that "simultaneous catch" call.

I heard that too and I don't like it, no matter how big the Ohio St. game is next week.

Carr (and DeBord) need to grow a pair for once this decade and quit playing not to lose. And you wonder why no one takes UM seriously anymore.

How the hell do they control their destiny? I'd think stockpiling conference wins would help that than losing them.

If they beat Ohio State next week they'd win the conference by tiebreak, thus they control their own destiny. A loss here would only officially kill any BCS at large hopes they had which were already slim. We still have a chance for quite possibly the most undesirable bowl rematch ever in a Oregon/Michigan Rose Bowl.

If they beat Ohio State next week they'd win the conference by tiebreak, thus they control their own destiny. A loss here would only officially kill any BCS at large hopes they had which were already slim. We still have a chance for quite possibly the most undesirable bowl rematch ever in a Oregon/Michigan Rose Bowl.

Is it possible for the Rose to refuse to take Michigan?

If the current score of the Tennessee/Arkansas game is any indication, LSU will clinch the SEC West about 4 hours before gametime tonight.

No, and the Rose Bowl would never even consider it as they always want a Pac-10/Big Ten match-up.

If Wisconsin beats Michigan and Michigan loses to OSU, then I don't see why the Rose Bowl wouldn't invite Wisconsin instead, especially if Oregon is their Pac-10 representative.

Well theoretically, neither would Michigan if they lose the last two games. They're ranked 12th now, if they lose to Wisconsin, they'll probably fall to around 18 or worse, and then Ohio State would send them into the 20's or out of the top 25.

Right, which is why I said Michigan's at large hopes would be over with a loss today and you also can't have more than three losses to be at large eligible. The Rose Bowl will have to look outside the Big Ten for a replacement if Ohio State is in the BCS Title Game. As I posted earlier in the week, West Virginia is the projected team at the moment.

Georgia went ahead and did the black jerseys after all, and as it turns out they look better than pretty much any other team that ever plays with black jerseys.

Brandon Cox INT on the first play of the game. Welcome to last year!

Nice job Michigan, you treated this game as meaningless and it showed. Once you get blasted by Ohio State, it'll save us UM fans from the embarrasment of getting merked in a BCS bowl game and getting ridiculed by every other fanbase in America.

Nick Saban just got Croom'd. Mississippi State is bowl eligible and should pick up win #7 to lock up a bid in two weeks against Ole Miss, if they don't beat Arkansas next week.

Michigan State and Northwestern both win to now give the Big Ten, um 10 bowl eligible teams although not all of them are going to end up going to bowls.

72 seconds into Ohio State/Illinois, and it's 7-7. Illinois' backup RB just broke an 80-yard run and fumbled it out of the end zone at the 3, but Illinois got the snap off and scored before anyone called for a review. Hell of a start.

Nick Saban just got Croom'd. Mississippi State is bowl eligible and should pick up win #7 to lock up a bid in two weeks against Ole Miss, if they don't beat Arkansas next week.

I hope MSU gets a bowl game out of this season. At this point everyone but Vandy and Ole Miss are at six wins, and Vandy could get there against Tennessee or (more likely) Wake Forest. At least one team is going to have to stay home, and I can't imagine Bama, South Carolina, or Arkansas getting passed over for Mississippi State. Increasing the schedule to 12 games and allowing wins again I-AA teams to always count is going to result in a lot of winning/.500 teams staying home this year.

Also of note: K-State is suffering one of the most embarrassing losses of the year, down 59-17 to Nebraska.

The Fighting Zookers of Illinois are up 21-14 on Ohio State at the half.

If Illinois pulls off the upset, that should eliminate tOSU from the BCS CG race, given the general perception that tOSU is being propped up by a seriously weak schedule.

Quite the weekend for shootouts and blowouts in the FCS...

In order of combined points...

118 - #9 Richmond beat #6 Delaware 62-56 in 5 Overtimes(!)

110 - Tennessee Martin beat Murray State 76-34

107 - Liberty beat Virginia Military 73-34

91 - Brown beat Dartmouth 56-35

79 - South Dakota State beat Southern Utah 55-27

73 - Citadel beat #19 Elon 42-31

72 - Robert Morris beat Sacred Heart 41-31

66 - Northeastern beat #18 Hofstra 35-31

Juice Williams is picking up 3rd and long on the draw every time. Ohio State's in big trouble inside 3 minutes. It looks like Illinois will run out the clock on Tressel and co., holding onto the ball for over 13 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Hot damn, way to go Illinois! It'd be fantastic to see the Buckeyes fail in the Big House as well, but the fact that they're now almost certainly out of the National Title picture is more than enough.

Great game.

This just increases the chances even more that multiple teams will have a gripe about the BCS.

Thank God for Juice Williams.

I've been telling my dad all year that Illinois was going to be the one to pop Ohio State's cherry. I've been hounding him all day.

This is good and all but I was kinda hoping for the always amusing OSU loss to Michigan in the last game of the season to ruin them.

Thank god Cincy smacked UConn today like the little pussies they are. Now WVU will of course crush UConn and end that farce. The amusing aspect of this though is Cincy actually controls their own destiny right now (once we figure WVU is maiming UConn). Cincy gets WVU next week in Cincy and I have to say if WVU screws around like they did vs. U of L it'll be lights out.

It would be pretty amusing to see Hawaii end up as the only undefeated team in the end, even though their schedule is embarassingly soft.