TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK ELEVEN- Proving grounds.

What I can't understand is how is this supposedly not reviewable? It makes no sense if that's the rule that you can't review a field goal attempt. But I guess the referees are allowed to discuss it and reverse their call without review.

And it's been reversed, overtime.

The refs are absolutely screwing the Ravens over royally..between this and a "Replay booth malfunction"

If they can't review it, then they certainly cant spend 10 minutes discussing it to change the call.

Think ESPN will mention that Mario Williams had a much better game today than Reggie Bush? Somehow I bet it will slip their minds...

Like that matters. Phillip Rivers (in all of his awfulness) had a better game than Peyton Manning last week. Does it make any difference? No.

If they can't review it, then they certainly cant spend 10 minutes discussing it to change the call.

Why the hell not?

The stupid fact is its being mentioned the fucking refs looked at the replay when it wasn't a reviewable play.

I hope somebody in the organization has a fucking spine and files a complaint to get this win overturned.

Think ESPN will mention that Mario Williams had a much better game today than Reggie Bush? Somehow I bet it will slip their minds...

Like that matters. Phillip Rivers (in all of his awfulness) had a better game than Peyton Manning last week. Does it make any difference? No.

Rivers and Peyton aren't connected in the eyes of media and fans. Rivers and Eli? Yes. Mario will unfortunately always be compared to Reggie despite playing entirely different positions.

What I can't understand is how is this supposedly not reviewable? It makes no sense if that's the rule that you can't review a field goal attempt. But I guess the referees are allowed to discuss it and reverse their call without review.

And it's been reversed, overtime.

The refs are absolutely screwing the Ravens over royally..between this and a "Replay booth malfunction"

THE LEAGUE wants to make sure they're worth for COUGHWEEK13COUGH

Because he's a whiny Ravens fan, c'mon, stop asking questions you know the answer to.

If it was your team youd be just as pissed off as I am when the refs ignore the rules and just give the win to the Browns.

They ignored things in favor of Baltimore as well. Baltimore should have kept Cleveland from scoring that FG, anyways.

Rivers and Peyton aren't connected in the eyes of media and fans. Rivers and Eli? Yes. Mario will unfortunately always be compared to Reggie despite playing entirely different positions.

My real point is that one game means nothing in terms of comparison. You're better off comparing the overall careers so far, and right now, just by the team's success and how he broke out last year, I think Bush has the edge right now. Let's not forget though, HMW's only reason to make that comment was because he hates USC and I guess he thinks even a DE that was overdrafted makes for a better pick than Reggie Bush, however true that might be.

The refs made the right call in this case here. The ball did go through the uprights, which is a field goal if im not mistaken. If you see the replay, the ball goes through th uprights before it bounces off the post. I dont see how this was a bad call at all. It was a field goal wheter Ravens fans admit it or not.

Because he's a whiny Ravens fan, c'mon, stop asking questions you know the answer to.

If it was your team youd be just as pissed off as I am when the refs ignore the rules and just give the win to the Browns.

I'd be pissed, but I don't think my battle cry would be "IT'S THE REF'S FAULT".

My real point is that one game means nothing in terms of comparison. You're better off comparing the overall careers so far, and right now, just by the team's success and how he broke out last year, I think Bush has the edge right now. Let's not forget though, HMW's only reason to make that comment was because he hates USC and I guess he thinks even a DE that was overdrafted makes for a better pick than Reggie Bush, however true that might be.

No, the point is that for the last two years, every time Williams has a bad/mediocre game and Bush has a decent/good one, ESPN (and others) take a ton of snide comments at the Texans about that draft. Had Bush ran wild today and Williams done nothing, do you not think the media would have been all over it?

Can we ban Reggie vs. Mario talk for the rest of the season? I mean damn, does it really matter anymore in the grand scheme of things? It happened, its done, its over. Let ESPN talk about it all they want, but for our sanity lets not? B-)

Can we ban Reggie vs. Mario talk for the rest of the season? I mean damn, does it really matter to some people. It happened, its done, its over. Let ESPN talk about it all they want, but for our sanity lets not? B-)

You're right, I probably should have put it in the "Why ESPN Sucks" thread.

Who elses fault is it? It wasn't a reviewable call and they did everything in their way to say it wasn't reviewed even though it was. Whether or not the FG was good is irrelevant, call on the field was NO GOOD and they had no right to review and change the call.

Who elses fault is it? It wasn't a reviewable call and they did everything in their way to say it wasn't reviewed even though it was. Whether or not the FG was good is irrelevant, call on the field was NO GOOD and they had no right to review and change the call.

It would have been a bigger travesty if they hadn't reviewed the call. It was a field goal, whether you like it or not and for once the NFL refs got it right.

So you'd rather your opponents be cheated out of a win when they clearly scored enough points to send the game to OT. Got it. I wouldn't be too proud that my team could only win the game on a technicality.

It would have been a bigger travesty if they hadn't reviewed the call. It was a field goal, whether you like it or not and for once the NFL refs got it right.

IT WASNT REVIEWABLE. How many times do coaches attempt to challenge a play only for the refs to come on their little mic and say "The play wasn't reviewable" and play carries on whether or not the right call was made. If the Refs can ignore the reviewability of the play, then why even have rules about what plays can be reviewed?

Well, if it wasn't reviewable, the ref shouldn't have even gotten any pictures under the hood, so I'm inclined to question whether or not the play was in fact reviewable.

I was told they were looking at the Stadium's Jumbo Screen during the numerous replays.

Well, if it wasn't reviewable, the ref shouldn't have even gotten any pictures under the hood, so I'm inclined to question whether or not the play was in fact reviewable.

I was told they were looking at the Stadium's Jumbo Screen during the numerous replays.

Well, THAT'S pretty dumb, then. If the video board operator was thinking, he would've shut it off.

In non-Ravens news, the Giants beat Detroit 16-10 and are now 7-3. Game was sealed on a pick by James Butler in the endzone, and after a 3 and out, a pick to end it by Sam Madison. Jacobs left with a pulled hammy, and the offense went to shit afterwards. (My favorite team won a football game.)

Ravens fans have every right to be pissed right now.

Side note..I dont think the Ravens org is going to push the issue like they should, Billick gave his press conference and didnt mention anything about it.

I Figure he's past the point of caring anymore given he's as good as gone at the end of the season. They're pretty much well on their way to a 10 game losing streak after starting 4-2.

Shame 4-12 probably wont even get em a top 5 draft pick this year.