TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Why FOX and O'Reilly are scary

My mother watches and listens to Bill O'Reilly religiously, so it came to no surprise that she is leaving her Northeast home at around 63 degrees because that is what O'Reilly "says" he is doing to combat the raise in oil prices.

I tried to argue that no one really pays attention to a darn thing he says, but you can't reason with certain people I guess.

So are you upset that Bill O'Reilly said that or just the general notion of a lower home heating temp? It's been recommended to save on your power/gas bill to have it around 65 if possible. Perhaps Bill was the first person she heard it from.

That actually is a pretty good idea. I don't know if it will really do anything about oil prices.

Oh I agree, its just funny that she used O'Reilly as a reference point, and it led to a nice argument between us about how no one takes anything he says seriously, and the majority people who make up his audience.

I get more scared when Bill-O says things like a woman can never die as a result of her pregnancy.

I would like to see where he actually said that.

O'Reilly has been on the anti-oil company thing for a while now. I know he talked about "sponrsoring" a "don't buy any gas day", but I don't think anything ever happened there.