TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Raw 12.3.07

Also, how many people watching wrestling now even know who Marty Jannetty is?

Jannetty appeared on RAW like a year and a half ago to save HBK from The Spirit Squad.

I remember that very well because me and my younger brother were watching it live and I jokingly said that I hoped Marty Jannetty would do a run in for the save...and then he did. Needless to say, I marked out.

And I'm opposed to reshowing the first episode of RAW only because I don't want to hear Rob Barnett's shitty jokes ever again. Though I actually thought HBK Vs Max Moon was a fun little match.

Yeah but how many people knew who Jannetty was last year when he helped out HBK?

If they are going to show an early Raw, let them show the one from Jan. 1993 with Flair vs. Perfect. It even plays into the current Flair "win or else" storyline. Of course that show would blow away the current Raw, but what the hell.

Rob Barnett had to ask Vince on air which Steiner Brother was which.

But he DID have a good line...which he got fired for:

"Slim Jims...when you don't care WHAT part of an animal you eat!"

He was on for more episodes though (which I am now learnign via 24/7 Online). Is this really what got him fired or just an assumption people came to over time?

He was on for more episodes though (which I am now learnign via 24/7 Online). Is this really what got him fired or just an assumption people came to over time?

I heard it through an old WrestleCrap Mailbag.

To be honest...I didn't start watching wrestling until the qualifying matches for King of the Ring 94.

And as I've said before...the first wrestler I ever saw in action was Irwin R. Schyster.

And I'm opposed to reshowing the first episode of RAW only because I don't want to hear Rob Barnett's shitty jokes ever again. Though I actually thought HBK Vs Max Moon was a fun little match.

It was a fun match alright. By then I think it was Paul Diamond with the Max Moon gimmick, and Paul and Shawn always had good chemistry in the ring.

Bartlett was certainly no wrestling announcer but I have a faint memory of him getting off a few funny lines. Stuff like him ridiculing Yokozuna for having such a fat ass, while the WWF was pushing Yoko as a top star.