TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 12.18.07

WWE has learned that a rare Champion vs. Champion Match will take place live this week on ECW on Sci Fi: ECW Champion CM Punk battles United States Champion MVP. What will transpire in this inter-promotional contest, just days after the Straightedge Champion's punishing war against two bellicose behemoths at Armageddon? Will the crafty U.S. Champ make this week worse for Punk?

Speaking of Armageddon, Big Daddy V & Mark Henry proved that size does matter on Sunday night. Despite the efforts of ECW Champion CM Punk & Kane, the gargantuan duo simply cannot be stopped. With the beasts' large shadows hovering over the man perched atop the ECW mountain – CM Punk – is the Land of the Extreme on the brink of chaos? After getting pinned at Armageddon, is the Straightedge Superstar's gold in jeopardy now that his rivals have found a way to defeat him?

In a Miz-rigged Handicap Match on ECW on Sci Fi, Layla and Victoria made quick work of Kelly Kelly. But, Kelly got a little help from Michelle McCool at the end of the bout to save her from more punishment. Has Kelly found a new friend in the All-American Girl? Will we continue to see her in Kelly’s corner, along with Balls Mahoney, who she doesn’t seem to be severing ties with? The Miz surely has some dastardly hijinks up his sleeve for the blond exhibitionist.

Chalk up another win for WWE Tag Team Champions Miz & John Morrison, who took care of business against Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang on Tuesday. How long can their fiery streak last? What new challenges lie ahead for the Shaman of Sexy and the “chick magnet”?

Find out on the next ECW on Sci Fi at 10/9 CT on Tuesday night. Also, be sure to catch ECW in its entirety every week on WWE.com, available from Wednesday to the following Monday afternoon.

Punk-MVP is a long awaited match that occured in the past before MVP grew as a worker and should be a hell of a match.

I'm actually looking forward to ECW tonight because of this match. Hopefully there will be less Big Daddy V & Mark Henry. I'm sorry I just can't get into those two.

I hope we get a good clean match from those two, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Big Daddy V is going to show his dominance over Punk.

You guys totally suck. Nobody's gonna watch ECW and chat tonight?

Well Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore aren't exactly an exciting topic of discussion.

And yes...I picked those two, because I actually like Miz and Morrison. ;)

Well I'm checking it out but I'm a Morrison mark.

Well Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore aren't exactly an exciting topic of discussion.

Oh, I don't know... I actually dig Jimmy Wang Yang quite a bit. My hatred of Morrison is legendary and knows no bounds. Not really his ability, just the gimmick.

Oh, I don't know... I actually dig Jimmy Wang Yang quite a bit. My hatred of Morrison is legendary and knows no bounds. Not really his ability, just the gimmick.

You liked him before when he really had no gimmick other than.....hanging out with Melina?

I must be like the only Morrison mark in the world at this point in time.

I disagree...

Hell, I've liked the guy since that first sweet ass 'Spinaroonie' on Tough Enough.

edit- This guy's a little slow isn't he...(*Did not realize he was acting*)

I must be like the only Morrison mark in the world at this point in time.

I disagree...

Hell, I've liked the guy since that first sweet ass 'Spinaroonie' on Tough Enough.

That was great, what he did was a million times more impressive than a spinaroonie. Yet Kevin Dunn got all pissy about it.

What the hell... did I travel back in time to WWF Superstars? Couldn't they have at least brought out someone like Balls or Stevie to job to Shelton instead of some local jobber?

They have been using complete jobbers for awhile. Why have Benjamin take out Balls or Dreamer when you can get the same point across with a non-contracted jobber who'll take all those bumps to get more spots like this in the future. Why make Balls look like a nobody. Benjamin can beat Balls later and it'd be more effective then it would have been tonight. A guy like Balls or Dreamer would give Benjamin a better match, thus giving Shelton more shine.

Who's Colin Olsen?

One half of the the Olsen Twins with "twin brother" Jimmy Olsen, "The Feel Good Tag-Team of the Decade". They wrestle in a bunch of Northeast indies, most notably CHIKARA. I'm a fan of Chikara, so seeing him get squashed by Shelton was kinda thrilling.

EDIT: This clip sums them up pretty well. It also amuses me to no end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhov41UQbUI

I'm pretty amused by Mr. Nunzio here.

Is this the first pinfall win that Dykstra has gotten in a while?

I'll put it to you this way... its the last one I can recall in recent memory.