TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

I put the Blazers where they are because of their streak AND the fact that no one gave this team any kind of chance to do ANYTHING once Oden underwent microfracture surgery. I said they are overacheiving, but they deserve credit for doing what they are doing. Though after witnessing the debacle that is the Lakers/Celtics tonight (Lakers down by 25 early in the 4th quarter), I might place the Celtics over them now.

The Spurs didn't have Tony Parker in their loss to the Suns. And losing to the T-Wolves and Heat are the two worst losses you can possibly have.

The Suns just have to prove one thing. That they can guard a post player. If they could, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Because I would have placed them right behind San Antonio.

I'm sorry but where is this mysterious Laker team that can defend anyone in the paint?

And Lets not do the excuse thing for losses. The suns were on the back end of a back to back from Seatle when they lost to the Lakers the first time, they were at the end of a 5 game road trip when they lost to Minnesota, then lost to Miami after that, They had played 6 games in 9 nights then also.

But you know what? they lost. thats all it is to it. Big deal. Here is my point.

If i put the Suns in a series against any team not the Pistons, Spurs, or Celtics, I believe 100 percent they are winning. Against any of those teams, I don't know.

Same with all the others. These are the 4 teams i think can beat each other. Thats how I form my top teams. All of them have some losses by people that really couldn't beat them in a series, but that is basketball. It happens.

Memphis couldn't touch San Antonio in the playoffs. The bulls wouldn't stand a chance against the pistons. The Celtics would destroy Orlando in a series. The Suns would kick the crap out of a Miami/Minnesota allstar team.

Pointing out losses and who they beat is just kinda silly because they are all playing the same people.

I put the Blazers where they are because of their streak AND the fact that no one gave this team any kind of chance to do ANYTHING once Oden underwent microfracture surgery. I said they are overacheiving, but they deserve credit for doing what they are doing. Though after witnessing the debacle that is the Lakers/Celtics tonight (Lakers down by 25 early in the 4th quarter), I might place the Celtics over them now.

But comeon. the blazer have won 13 in a row and they are still right at .500.

i think some longtime Piston fan is peaking through here. How I have to check myself sometimes because i am still bitter at Magic and Kareem taking out my KJ lead Suns, I think you are still on some Bird steals the ball stuff here to thing that its a MAYBE that the Celtics belong over portland.

I mean seriously, do you think that the Blazers could beat the Suns or Celtics in a series? Or is your list just the hottest teams? because if that is the case, I would have the Blazers number one, Celtics number two, Warriors number three.

Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf, even Mihm can defend in the paint.

Someone should share that with them, because they have been getting murdered by every big that comes into town. their only saving grace has been if the big gets into foul trouble. Bynum, turiaf, are both great weakside shotblockers and can rebound very well. Thats about it. Between the suns and Lakers, Brian Skinner is the only one worth a damn defending a post scorer.

Boozer- 20 points, many in garbage time, 23 in the first game

Amare- 19 points on Christmas, 7 in the first game

Dwight Howard- 17 points

Chris Kaman- 18 points

Millsap- 20 in a back to back in which we were being creamed

Wilcox- 18 points

Garnett killed us in both games, no argument there

Jermaine O'Neal- 14 points

Yao- 26 points, and 25 points

Duncan- 5 points

I have to ask you a question. Do you even WATCH basketball? Because I'd say that a team which hasn't given up a 30 point game to a big all season is doing their job. Yeah, we don't have a good defense. There really isn't an argument there. But murdered? Let's save that for a team that gives up 20 and 20's to Chris Kaman and a 30 point effort to a 20 year old kid.

Let's not exaggerate things here. Both the Suns and Lakers aren't great defensive teams. But who beat the other twice?

Bynum can defend, Turiaf can defend...Mihm sucks dick, and so does Kwame. Both of them can go to hell, for all I care, especially Kwame. Lazy piece of shit.

Guest Vitamin X

But comeon. the blazer have won 13 in a row and they are still right at .500.

No they're not. They're 18-12, and 1st in their division that includes Utah and Denver. What the hell are you thinking. They could also distance themselves further in the division race by winning their 14th straight tomorrow against Utah, who's 16-16 right now.

This also makes them 3rd in the Western Conference according to records and tiebreakers.

Boozer- 20 points, many in garbage time, 23 in the first game

Amare- 19 points on Christmas, 7 in the first game

Dwight Howard- 17 points

Chris Kaman- 18 points

Millsap- 20 in a back to back in which we were being creamed

Wilcox- 18 points

Garnett killed us in both games, no argument there

Jermaine O'Neal- 14 points

Yao- 26 points, and 25 points

Duncan- 5 points

I have to ask you a question. Do you even WATCH basketball? Because I'd say that a team which hasn't given up a 30 point game to a big all season is doing their job. Yeah, we don't have a good defense. There really isn't an argument there. But murdered? Let's save that for a team that gives up 20 and 20's to Chris Kaman and a 30 point effort to a 20 year old kid.

Let's not exaggerate things here. Both the Suns and Lakers aren't great defensive teams. But who beat the other twice?

Bynum can defend, Turiaf can defend...Mihm sucks dick, and so does Kwame. Both of them can go to hell, for all I care, especially Kwame. Lazy piece of shit.

My point is don't have a double standard. You can't say "I can't trust the suns because they can't defend the post" when the team you are trying to place above them can't defend the post. I could see if you were hyping the Celtics, or the Pistons (no I am not added the Spurs, because they aren't that great defending the post) but jesus dude.

Bynums best defense has been getting the opposing big in foul trouble. Yeah, he will turn back a shot at the rim, but when he gets posted up, he isn't diong a good job. Turiaf is the best defender on the block that they have and he just fouls too much.

I already said that I placed the Suns below the Lakers because the Lakers beat them twice. Had the Suns won both or even one of those games I would have placed them ahead of us. Besides, I don't see anyone calling the Lakers a title contending team. That moniker gets thrown around about the Suns every season even though they never do a single thing to fix their problems in summer's past. The only three title contending teams are the Celtics, Pistons and Spurs. Everyone else is clearly a cut below. There's nothing wrong with saying that.

I don't see where we're getting murdered on the block, though. We're the best rebounding team in the league, and only one guy has had a career night against us, consisting of a 20 point effort. FWIW, I think it's equally crazy to stick the Blazers up there with any of these teams. They've beaten their fair share of junk in that long winning streak. Not a single team of which I'd even rank as top 5 in their respective conferences. It would be a dream come true for any 6-8 team in the West to draw one of the teams they've beat, in the playoffs.

The Blazers may come back down to earth tommorrow. On the road at Utah, and Nate Mcmillan is going to be attending a funeral.