TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Playoff predictions from start of season

I am not sure if we did this at the beginning of the season in another thread, but I was looking through my picks for the playoffs and in general, and they are GREAT

AFC East

1. New England (DUH)

2. NY Jets (The hangover of playing a easy schedule in 2006, but I didn't think they'd be this bad)

3. Buffalo

4. Miami

AFC North

1. Baltimore (Nice work, Gert)

2. Cincinnati (Had them as a WC, nice work)

3. Pittsburgh (The Steelers should probably always be penciled in as 1st or 2nd in here for future reference)

4. Cleveland (Not many saw this coming)

AFC South

1. Indianapolis

2. Tennessee (Didn't think they would be a WC, just to miss out)

3. Jacksonville (Good call on Garrard, JDR)

4. Houston

AFC West

1. San Diego

2. Denver (My other WC)

3. Kansas City

4. Oakland

NFC East

1. Dallas

2. NY Giants (A WC team)

3. Philadelphia

4. Washington (Didn't really know what to expect from them, 8 or 9 wins surprised me)

NFC North

1. Chicago (Next,)

2. Green Bay (GB making the playoffs did not cross my mind, I thought 8-8 was coming again)

3. Detroit

4. Minnesota

NFC South

1. New Orleans

2. Carolina (WC team, they always look like a sexy playoff pick, then injuries usually make me look foolish)

3. Tampa Bay (I thought Gruden was on the hotseat going into the year)

4. Atlanta

NFC West

1. St. Louis (That one looks like its paying huge dividends)

2. Seattle (Same with the Pittsburgh theory in the future)

3. San Francisco

4. Arizona

So it looks like I got 5 out of 12 right for this years playoffs, how about everyone else?

Guest BenJarvis GreenEllis

I said Baltimore would finish last, and that's all that matters here at forums.thesmartmarks.com.

Guest Vitamin X

I had a couple great predictions, and a couple horrible ones. Going by this post, these were my predictions:

NFC:

1. Seattle

2. New Orleans

3. Philadelphia

4. Green Bay

5. San Francisco

6. Tampa Bay

Good job on the Bays, and sort of on Seattle, completely overlooked the Cowboys and overrated the Eagles. A lot of people bought into the SF hype pre-season, so that's my excuse for that.

AFC:

1. Denver

2. New England

3. Pittsburgh

4. Jacksonville

5. NY Jets

6. Indianapolis/San Diego/Baltimore

WAY off on Denver, NY, and Baltimore but the rest was pretty much predictable. Of course, no one thought Cleveland would challenge this year for the playoffs, and I had thought Tennessee was a flash in the pan and would turn into AFC Falcons.

Oh, also it didn't look as if Vince Young fell victim to the Madden curse this year. Good for him!

I was only right with the Pats, Colts, Chargers, and Seahawks. My worst picks were having the Rams in and the Cowboys/Jags out. The rest were picks that most others had, but tanked this season.

My picks not from this board were:

NFC:

EAST: Dallas (11-5)

NORTH: Chicago (12-4)

SOUTH: New Orleans (13-3)

WEST: Seattle (9-7)

WC 1: Philly (10-6)

WC 2: Green Bay (9-7)

AFC:

EAST: NE (14-2)

NORTH: B'More (11-5)

SOUTH: Indy (14-2)

WEST: SD (10-6)

WC 1: JVille (10-5)

WC 2: Pitt (9-7)

Looks like I was 5/8 on Divisional winners(off on schedule wins), 9/12 overall. Not bad overall but I am surprised by some teams records.

Guest Vitamin X
That was pretty good on Tampa, I just didn't think they had enough to make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

To be fair, Tampa's defense has always been fairly good, and their biggest problem had been offensive production, which I figured that with an easy schedule (and an easier than expected division) and a pretty good starting quarterback in Jeff Garcia, that this season would save Gruden's ass from getting fired.

Also, they're hungry.

Oh man, did mine ever suck. I had most of the main teams but the lesser division winners and the WC teams....I sucked. Here were my predictions back in the summer:

AFC:

Indianapolis (obvious pick and I was definitely right about the D being better)

New England (obvious pick but I didn't expect them to be undefeated or anything)

Cincinnati (team of the future and always will be...Steelers won the division)

San Diego (not even Norv Turner can screw these guys up enough to miss the playoffs)

Baltimore (one of the biggest meltdowns in recent memory, everyone got old in a hurry)

Denver (just not that good)

NFC:

New Orleans (probably the most disappointing team, how could they not win a lame division?)

Dallas (I actually thought this was an easy pick)

Green Bay (Packers finished strong last year, I thought Favre had another run left)

St. Louis (oh man that is about as bad of a pick as humanly possible...injuries galore though)

Philadelphia (looks like they will barely miss the playoffs at 8-8 when 9-7 was needed)

Chicago (injuries on D and the QB debacle hurt them)