Want:

Jacksonville Jaguars

Indianapolis Colts

New York Giants

Seattle Seahawks

Guest Tzar Lysergic

My tentative predictions:

NE/IND/DAL/SEA

I feel compelled to put an upset in there. It's been pretty close to chalk so far, but I don't buy Green Bay as a hard-nosed cold weather team. Seattle's defense is better than solid, and they throw a lot of high-percentage passes. New York's getting whipped again by Dallas, though the Giants pulling one off wouldn't blow my mind. They're playing quite well.

No way there's an upset in the AFC. I can see both Jacksonville and San Diego playing their games close, but not enough to take out the two best teams at home.

In fact, I think Jacksonville gets their asses handed to them. They'll bloody some noses in the first half, but then the Patriots will do what they've done all season. Adjust and exploit weaknesses and officiating.

My instinct is to say that all four home teams advance, but there's got to be an upset in there somewhere. The Giants beating Dallas seems most likely. The Jaguars beating The Greatest Team of All Time is the most desirable.

As much as I'd like to see the Jags win I think the Pats will go all the way. I second Kinetic's Giants prediction though. Both teams can go from very good to mediocre with the flip of a switch. I wouldn't count out the Chargers yet either.

Pats

Chargers

Seahawks

Giants

New England Patriots (A come behind win after Jacksonville gives them a big scare)

San Diego Chargers (Chargers have the Colts number)

Seattle Seahawks (Other then the Superbowl game, this is the biggest game of Hasselbacks career, a chance to erase the whole "We want the ball 1st and we're going to score" shit)

Dallas Cowboys (They beat the Giants twice during the regular season, can't see the Giants beating them)

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots

San Diego Chargers @ Indianapolis Colts

New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

Patriots and Colts to me are no-brainers, although I think the Jaguars will come closer to winning. I was initially going to pick the Giants, but the Cowboys should be getting back Owens. I think that one will be close though, either way. I'm siding with the Seahawks out of loyalty, but also because I think they have a strong chance. I think it'll be a damn hard game either way it goes though.

Only the Jaguars have shown any reason to think they can do anything and they blew an 18 point lead.

All four home teams will win and I don't think any game will be closer than 10-14 points.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Packers over the Seahawks 27-17

Cowboys over the Giants 44-10

Colts over the Chargers 38-27

The Patriots will blow out the Jags by 8 points.

Seahawks can defeat Green Bay with their defence. Farve will make 4 INT because of the Seahawks speed on defence.

Cowboys should beat the Giants, but it'll be a last second play.

Chargers did defeat Aw, Shucks, but Indy is healthy and well Rivers isn't as good as Manning. Eli that is.

The Jags will hold off the Pats until the fourth quater where Gerrard blows his knee and the Jags offense slows to a complete halt.

Once again I am utterly amazed at all the people thinking the Seahawks are going to Lambeau and winning. I think that game might be the biggest rout of the weekend with the Packers winning. Again, Seattle has done NOTHING on the road all year and hasn't beaten anyone all year worth a crap. I'll gladly eat all sorts of crow if I'm wrong about this. Anyway:

New England 34, Jacksonville 17

Green Bay 35, Seattle 14

Indianapolis 28, San Diego 20

Dallas 35, New York Giants 31

Jacksonville will keep it interesting for a while but I can't possibly see the Patriots not winning comfortably by the end. I think the Colts will stagger around out of sync for a long stretch of that game but will put together enough of a 4th quarter to avoid the upset. As long as Manning doesn't throw 6 INTs again, they should be okay. The Giants are a cocktease here, as they would lead for a long time in this game but ultimately blow it much like with the Patriots game.

Oh I said nothing about the offense doing anything. Seattle can win and I predict they will because of their defence. Their inept offense will be inept.

Of course I'll be wrong and somehow Shaun Alexander breaks out for 200 yards on the ground.

Guest Vitamin X

The weather forecast as of now for next Saturday afternoon is 20 degrees and partly cloudy.

Cowboys and Giants are a toss up... this will be the best game of the playoffs, as they both have the potential to implode as the game gets closer to an end. I'll go with Cowboys by a game winning pick 6 when the Giants should have just pounded the ball and get in field goal range or hold off until overtime.

Chargers by Nate Gayding finally showing up in a big game... something like 16-10.

Jags... Jags... Jags. It will be like the Ravens game, except they'll know how to finish the job.

Packers, unless if they have a meltdown, and McCarthy makes some horrible decisions. I hope for the Seahawks, as it would take out the biggest threat for the Chargers.

I really don't get how Packers/Seahawks is such a foregone conclusion. Looking at the Packers record, they only really had *one* high profile game, against Dallas which I saw myself and they were beaten soundly. This will be the next biggest game they had all year. When they beat the Giants, Chargers, and Vikings (Atleast the first time), those teams were still trying to get things going. In their last eight, they only had two, maybe three big wins. The rest were against teams like the Rams, Lions, Raiders, and Bears, teams that had nothing to play for by then. The Seahawks record isn't any better, but I'm using this for reference.

I think it's very likely that the Seahawks defense puts pressure on Farve, causing him to make stupid throws. If I remember right, that's EXACTLY what Dallas did before Farve's injury. This game is going to come down to the defense of Seattle against the offense of Green Bay, and after how Seattle crushed the Redskins defensively, I think they have a shot. I'm not even factoring in Seattle's offense, because that's a very small chance of becoming a factor, but if it DOES then Seattle has a fantastic shot.

For the record, I think Green Bay wins, but I don't think this will be a blow out. If anything, it'll be like last year when the Bears barely managed to squeek out a win.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've decided I really don't like Rivers. Those two big highlight throws yesterday were with the receiver at a dead stop in coverage. Doing that against a secondary full of headhunters like the Colts and Patriots will get his receivers murdered. Gates is going to be out of the picture, and that's going to really fuck up any pass plays beyond five yards to LT. I haven't seen enough from Rivers to show he can lead a receiver in a dead sprint.

Rivers has an odd throwing motion as well. That can't really end well for the Chargers. I wonder when they are eliminated this weekend, do they consider this season a success seeing how they got that playoff win they wanted, but they would essentially be exiting in the SAME round as last year's 14-2 team, so it's not really an improved season (and with their record you can say they actually went backwards).

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Something I really like about the Chargers: Michael Turner. This guy is going to be a star somewhere else next season.

Maybe, maybe not. He could be like Lamont Jordan in the way that when Jordan was backing up Curtis Martin, people thought Jordan would be a breakout runner on his own with the Raiders, but that didn't work out, did it?

Also: AJ Smith is one of the best GMs in the league. You can argue with the Brees-Rivers and Schottenheimer-Turner decisions, but in general this is one of the best managed franchises in the NFL. They probably draft better than anyone.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Unless I misread a piece completely, all 22 current Colts starters have played their entire careers in Indianapolis. AJ Smith can eat my ballz.

Yeah for all the good AJ Smith does, I can't give him "Best GM" tag when he only fired Marty Schottenheimer/hired Norv Turner just because his ego was bruised when more of the credit was being given to Schottenheimer as opposed to him.

Yes, the Colts and the Pats are right up there. San Diego gets bonus points for absolutely raping the Giants on the Eli Manning trade a few years ago.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
The rest were against teams like the Rams, Lions, Raiders, and Bears, teams that had nothing to play for by then.

The Bears beat the Packers in the first game and gave them an ass-waxing in the second. I think it was Green Bay that had nothing to play for.