TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

Post A Link

Post up one of your favorite music blogs or websites and, unless you're a lazy bastard, give a breif description of it.

Here is a blog I've been going to for a few months now, Tiny Mix Tapes. The coolest part of the site is The Automatic Mix Tapes Generator. You enter a Mixtape Request, like "Songs With Handclaps" or "Songs that are about love, yet don’t mention love even once" and your name. It's rare to actually get a request filled, but there are plenty of excellent track lists already on there already on there. Oh, you can't actually download a tape, they just give you a list of songs, so if you're lazy then you're fucked.

The review section is good and covers a ton of styles.

Most of the writers are cool, but theres always gonna be at least one columnist/reviewer/fag at every site/blog/magazine/dirt sheet.

One of the writers is Gumshoe who describes himself as "I have two personalities, Passionate Gumshoe and Too-Cool-for-School Gumshoe, and the latter trashed my hokey hair-metal shit when the former was out taking a drizzle" in a list of what could have happened to all his old metal cassettes from his youth.

Also:

SEVERAL PLAYED-OUT RHYME COMINATIONS, COMIN’ UP!

I’ve been meaning to sound-off on this life-chafing topic for so long it’s making my balls rub against my inner thigh: Can we please, PLEASE place a cease-and-desist order on lyricists that rhyme the same words OVER and OVER? I realize the young Beatles would have never reached the plane they did had they not tinkered endlessly with rhyming the same words, but I think we should all move past this practice in the here-and-now. I’m not going to go as far as to say rhyming should be disallowed altogether (though Racebannon may have suggested it when they said “Fuck Yr Obvious Wrds”), but the following word-combinations have been done to death, to the point that when I hear them I, in fact, want to die:

1. Rhyming ‘change’ and ‘rearrange’
  2. ‘eyes’ with ‘cries’ (’cried’ is also unacceptable, though ‘cryin’ mysteriously pass lyric customs just fine)
  3. ‘be’ with ‘me’ and ‘see’ and ‘free’
  4. ‘you’ with ‘do’ and ‘through’ and ‘too’ and ‘to’ and, hell, ‘tu’
  5. ‘wife’ and ‘life’
  6. ‘time’ with ‘mine’ and ‘sign’
  7. ‘fear’ with ‘near’ with ‘clear’ with ‘dear’ with ‘here’ with ‘hear’ with ‘appear’ (sorry coffee-shop douche, it’s all been done to death)
  8. ‘by’ with ‘guy’ with ‘fly’ with ‘cry’
  9. ‘resolve them’ with ‘solve them’ (does that even technically equate to a rhyme? Apparently it does... )
  10. ‘it’ with... ‘it’ [ditto]
  11. ‘frutti’ with ‘lutt-... ahh, you get the pizoint (speaking of which, next time we’ll get down to eliminating annoying catchphrases and slang)

For the record, this also goes for poetry.

And the site logo is ill. Check it:

tmtlogo.jpg

Tiny Mix Tapes