TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Router fun!

Scoop: Bought a wireless router after Christmas to accommodate four devices: My roomate and I each had a 360 and a laptop. Had everything hardwired, as I couldn't justify spending the roughly 200 dollars for 360 wireless adapter and network card. Everything worked fine.

Problem: Living with folks again for a month or so. I'm poor, so I still can't justify spending the 200 dollars on adapter and network card. Tried hardwiring it yesterday, but nothing doing. I then realised that the router came with a CD and installation guide, both of which were lost during the move (or possibly prior to that).

Is there any other way around that? I'm thinking something along the lines of a wizard, like when installing a printer.

The CD contains a wizard, yes, but you don't need it.

Hardwiring it doesn't let it work, eh? With most modern routers, you can connect everything with ethernet, and just let it go. I suggest turning off the router and the broadband modem by unplugging them from power, then plugging in the modem, waiting for it to fully boot, then plugging in the router.

Is there already software for the router loaded on the computer, or are you using a different computer now?

I have a linksys and it runs without the software being installed/properly setup.......you can visit my router nightmare in this forum, a few threads down....

Yeah, I shoulda mentioned that. My 360 and laptop are in the same room as my folks' computer. There's currently ethernet to the modem; I hadn't tried running my two devices yet, as my being without Xbox Live isn't nearly as important as them having internet access.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

Edit: It's a Zonet router. No software is loaded from it onto my folks' PC.

Is there already software for the router loaded on the computer, or are you using a different computer now?

I have a linksys and it runs without the software being installed/properly setup.......you can visit my router nightmare in this forum, a few threads down....

Yeah, it's also relevant to ask what kind of router the large hamburger man is using.