TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JST

Abschied. Hello.

The Wrestling Clinic

31, Finch Ave. E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

---

Bodies slamming against the mat, in succession.

"Good job, Danny! Adapt the pace!"

The grunts and groans of physical effort seemlessly flow into the symphony of the resounding mat, as we fade into what looks like a converted warehouse riddled with plastic folding chairs. Some chairs have an assortment of gym bags, athletic gear and fresh clothes strewn all over them. The chairs are set up as to surround a square motif of crash mats, which in turn surrounds a wrestling ring.

Welcome to the Wrestling Clinic.

A dozen students are seen surrounding the ring, watching with great interest what's happening in the ring right now. Inside, a large young man clad in warmup gear is seen pinballing around three other students, two guys and one girl, with a variety of power and technical moves. In a perfect display of wanting it more than ever, the three smaller pupils shrug off the pain of body colliding with mat and waste no time getting back to their feet. Only to be dispatched to the canvas in succession once again by the bigger man controlling the pace of this free-styled practice.

"Daniel, you hesitate and you get clipped in the knee!" yells the booming voice of the instructor. "Soon as that happens, that momentum goes out the window."

The camera pans several rows, all the way to the last row of chairs in order to locate the origin of the voice. There, we find the man shouting out trainer's advice and general encouragement to his students. A man who looks on with pride at what his teachings have created so far, with a certain touch of regret…

"Get a good shot, Mr. SWF Camera Man." says the non-shouting voice of the instructor. "These are the men and women you're gonna see on top of the wrestling world sooner than later. Daniel, Tara, Antonio, Matthew, and all the others you see around that ring there. One day, they're gonna own any professional wrestling ring that they'll ever set foot into. But today's not about them. That's not why I asked you guys, the SWF camera crew, to come here today."

The camera, which had went back to the ring upon the man's request, goes back into a closeup of the instructor. A man who may seem unfamiliar to most, but the older SWF fans will remember him. Back to his medium length dark hair, clean shaven face, his demeanor hasn't changed since his forced retirement five years ago. Clad in a 'Wrestling Clinic' t-shirt and warmup pants, the man speaks into an SWF camera for the first time in five years. Spending his time staring at his feet, rubbing his hands together or crossing and uncrossing his arms; this is more of a vehicle for him to express himself, rather than maintain a conversation with the SWF faithful.

"I asked you guys here because of many, many things I had on my chest. My name is-"…the man stops, letting out a short dry chuckle at what he's about to say.

"I guess I should say that for over five years, the SWF knew me as none other than Tod deKindes. The angry german warrior! The sole-surviving member of X-Force 9! The fastest rising wrestler in the SWF, like that term's been never used to death… One of the least-regarded members of the SWF roster… As time went on, more and more definitions and nicknames were tacked on that I never wanted. On June 22nd, 2003, everybody got their wish. Including myself. I went through one of the most physically exhausting matches of my life with a guy I love to death and I credit him for getting me out back then. I went through a grueling Career Match with Taylor Nicholas Thompson, I beat him up, he beat me up some more and in the end, well… everything came into place.

"Everybody had what they wanted. Taylor had the distinction of pinning his sworn rival into retirement. The fans were thrilled at not having to see my smug-ass on their TV screens any longer. And me, despite losing, I was happy on so many levels. My body was broken and sore. My mind had nothing left. I was empty. I finally had a way out from that. In short, the SWF was finally rid of Tod deKindes, and I was finally rid of them. My name… is Tod James Stuart. I'm just a guy from Toronto, who happens to love professional wrestling. Tod deKindes was just some stupid college kid's idea of a joke that got taken way… wayyy too far. After that June night in '03, I thought I had put that joke long behind me. I was free to finally take on some projects on my own. I started this school, which I'm damn proud of. My girlfriend gave birth to an awesome baby girl. My professional wrestling itch had been scratched. I no longer had any reason to be angry at the world.

"…But if I'm anything like anyone, itches tend to come back. Once I retired, I was determined to stay retired. Heh, that didn't last long… I'm not upset at the fact that I broke my own word and came back. I'm upset at the fact that I came back, and I didn't give myself as much as I should've. Hell, I faced a laundry list of new SWF guys I'd never faced before. This is in no way a slight against them, but they might as well have faced a punching bag with a bad haircut. No… I thought about my last match, that four-way back in November, and that sure as hell is not how I'm gonna be remembered. So, what I did, I got my ass into gear. I hit the gym like a motherfucker. My girlfriend made me some of her best kick-ass carb-free meals. I went into that ring." he says, pointing off camera to his students. "And I mixed up with each and everyone of these guys, just to see if I still had it! The drive, the guts, the fire inside! Well, guess what…

"I look at my little girl… and that fire couldn't be brighter. So, if I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna do it right. My name is Tod James Stuart. I'm a guy from Toronto, who happens to love professional wrestling…"

In order to ensure that he'll get his point across, Tod guides the camera lens carefully up to his face and looks eye-to-eye to us. To me, to you, to the viewer.

"This time, I do it right."

Tod's look of determination fades into the same title card we saw at the beginning;

The Wrestling Clinic

31, Finch Ave. E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

---

Wow - I like this promo! Good clean setup and there's no doubt about the character development. A kudos to you Tod. Good to see you back too!

... wanna do another best of seven? (please no...)

-Annie

*books Tod vs Annie in Best of Seven*

Done and done, Hardcore Queen ;p

Nice to see you back, Tod. I'll be looking forward to arguing with Landon about which crazy stip match to put you in next :D

*Travels back in time and gets himself from the past, when he actually had motivation to write and be good*

Write time traveling Dace vs Annie in a series! It's on!

And welcome back, I remember reading Tod deKindes matches, good stuff.

*burns the book*

HA HA! What are you going to do now, Facist?!?!?

-Annie

This is poetic on so many levels...I love it.

... wanna do another best of seven? (please no...)

-Annie

With my massive amount of "ring" rust, you may even have a fighting chance. Or two!

If it's a best of seven, she has to have at least three fighting chances. Pro wrestling rules.

Sign in to follow this