TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hbk1010

Do you enjoy seeing a Woman get beat up, if shes an annoying heel?

info-bondage-2.jpg

Hot.

No, that's fun, but she has to have her clothes off.

I just watched that Youtube, and I laughed. Why? For the love of God, WHY????

#1: Because its a motherfucking work.

#2: Because its so fucking over the top and excessive, I literally have no choice but to laugh. The Pedigree was more than enough, and yes, Lita took that move like a champ. Everything that was done in that beatdown was totally unnecessary. The only good thing was that Austin showed how to sell such heelery without actually hurting Lita.

You guys want to talk about violence against females, look to the next fucking episode of Cops, where some REAL fucking violence is done and THEN you can be disgusted. I am about as far from misogynistic as one can be without having my balls in someone's purse, but come on. This is a fucking work. Can they take it too far in order to make a point or to generate heat or shock value? Hell yes. But for the love of God, shake yourselves. If it was Anderson Silva destroying Gina Carano in the octagon, I would totally understand, but this is a fucking fake sport and always has been, long before any of us were born. Get over it.

Guest TheFabulousJakey
I was more disturbed by that bladejob (or was it hardway) that Lita did several years back.

If you're referring to the Survivor Series match she had with Ivory, it was hardway -- Ivory had just started the RTC gimmick and they were still experimenting with her outfit, and the spike from her boot cut Lita open.

I'm also pretty sure that the Stone Cold/HHH beatdown on the Hardyz and Lita was done because the fans were still being reluctant to boo "Stone Cold" after his heel turn.

As for the topic, it's Storytelling 101. The aforementioned examples of Steph getting RockBottomed at Wrestlemania or Trish being tabled by the Dudleyz are fine in my view, just as Lita being given the Twist of Fate by Matt Hardy during the Edge feud. It's about building up to a moment and seeing a character get their comeuppance.

Compare this to the atrocious HLA segment, where two 300-pound guys kicked a woman in her bare stomach, teased military pressing another one out of the ring, and then delivered a frog splash while they were laid out in a 69 position. All to further a money-making angle of ... Raw GM Eric Bischoff being mean.

Kane chokeslamming Heel Trish in Toronto was kind of pointless, too.

info-bondage-2.jpg

fap fap fap

The only time the man-on-woman violence in wrestling bothers me is when it's a big tough babyface beating the shit out of an Evil Jezebel defenseless heel chick. Every time Tommy Dreamer piledrove some girl, or Stone Cold stunned one just for the hell of it, it kinda creeped me out. That's not the sort of message you want to be broadcasting. If it's a heel guy hitting a face girl, that's okay, because the whole point is that only an evil piece of shit would do something like that.

If the man and woman are portrayed as equals having an competition, even better. Someone here mentioned Mickie Knuckles in a derogatory manner. I've had that frightening young woman elbow me upside the head, and it felt like getting hit with a brick. Trust me, she can take care of herself.

Kane chokeslamming Heel Trish in Toronto was kind of pointless, too.

I loved Heel Trish but she deserved getting that chokeslam (which she took like a champ) she was making fun of Lita after she hurt her knee and saying there was plenty of guys that were ready to impregnate her so its not like Kane chokeslammed her for nothing.

here is the video.

Kane chokeslams Trish

One thing I hate with a passion in this world is any man who lays a finger on a woman so In general I don't like it because I don't think it's necessary. Even though it's fake and she agrees to it, Huge men inflicting pain on a tiny woman, even if her character "deserves it", is unsettling. Lita getting killed like she did was beyond the pale and pretty much disgusted me and I don't get offended very easily. But Kudos to her though for taking that abuse. True dedication to the business right there.

But you know its one thing for someone like kane to chokeslam Trish but it's another when the man acts like he has done something impressive when he does it. For example, when in ecw they would attack women and then the wrestlers would act like they were some huge bad ass. Yes sir, beating up a 120 pound woman really makes you a big man :firing: Even though it's all just an act, including their pride and glee in doing what they did, I just thought it was stupid. It didn't make them look like they were bad asses, in fact I think it weakened their character..especially if they were supposed to be a babyface.

This is one of those issues in wrestling though that people can come back with the argument that a) you shouldn't be offended by anything in wrestling, or b)if you are, you are a pussy and shouldn't watch. I can understand that philosophy and mostly agree with it because of its long history of doing stupid shit. I don't get bothered by anything else a promotion does in the least, but I guess I just can't overcome my distaste for women being abused to brush it off.

I've smacked a few bitches in my day, but only ones who deserved it. I had a GF in college who had a habit of hitting when she was angry or didn't get her way. I let it go constantly. But one day I got sick of it, grabbed her by her throat and choked her out as I slammed her head into the counter top. When she came to and cleaned up all the blood from her face, she was a different woman. A TAMED and WELL-TRAINED woman

info-bondage-2.jpg

Looks comfortable.