Ian Curtis

Nick Cave

David Byrne

Devin Townsend

Dax Riggs

Miles Davis

George Clinton

Gibby Haynes

He's one the same poetic level as Edgar Allen Poe.

When I get home I'm going to edit a picture of a bong into this post.

MC Lars (flat-out hilarity with a solid vocabulary and nice fucking samples and beats)

Hahaha are you serious about this? "Nerdcore" rap is the worst shit ever.

Sorry, but I'm not from "da hood, y0." I don't care for ugly faces and big fat asses, I don't want to "get crunk," and I don't do drugs. I believe in a hard day's work for my pay, I believe in mutual respect amongst my peers. I believe in talent above marketing. I'm familiar with Star Wars, indie horror/sci-fi, and punk rock. If rap is meant to be the "music of the people," why would I listen to a bunch of men who don't look, talk, or act like I do, let alone have entirely different belief systems, ramble on about topics I have little care for? The few rap artists I do listen to are either better-than-average at what they do (Ice Cube, Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Run-DMC) or have something about them that I can associate with. I'm a white nerd from the suburbs. So why the motherFUCK would I want to listen to a hundred thousand different people rhyming about how the "white man has got me down" (Immortal Technique, anyone?) or about "backin' dat azz up." MC Lars speaks to me. He, along with other rapcore artists, take rap music for what it was meant to be: fun. There's a quote from Run-DMC that I can't find, but the summation of it is that 80's MCs would do party-rap because they didn't want to be reminded about the world of shit that they lived in. Plus, how many rappers do you know could take the Scorpions' "Rock You Like A Hurricane" and sample it into a dance beat? How many could do rhymes about Edgar Allen Poe one minute, and then break into ones about depiction of Hell throughout literature? Shit, how many rappers actually even KNOW what the fuck Dante's Inferno actually is?

Good job generalizing everyone who enjoys hip hop as a lazy, uneducated retard.

And btw, why should they care about Dante's Inferno? Because you and others think it's a literary masterpiece? How does it pertain to them? How does it connect to their life? Just because someone isn't up on classical literature, it doesn't mean that they are stupid, or unintelligent. So take yourself off of this pedistal that you've put yourself on.

I know that I'm late to Corey's (unfortunate) evisceration, but Run DMC are really not "better than average at what they do".

Yeah, like riding the short bus to retard school.

Ouch...I guess I can't beat that one.

But lets see if I can try...

I'm in college with a 3.4 GPA

I have sex with girls

I have friends

I go to parties

I dont have 8,000,000 posts on TSM

I'm probably more attractive than you

I think I come out the winner here.

I didn't go to college.

I have sex with boys and girls.

I have enemies.

I go to orgies.

I don't have 8, 000, 000 posts on tsm

You're not.

You come out the loser here, retard.

A PongKong-Milky War of Words has potential to be TSM's equivalent of Mike Tyson Vs "Irish" Mike Jameson. You can guess which one is which.

I'm surprised PongKong didn't list "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!" as one of his achievements.

OH MY GAWD, ME TOOOO!!

actually, it's an Accord. Just keepin the conversation alive.

And why is it better to have sex with boys AND girls? Just sounds like you're greedy.

Shiiiiiiit, I dunno about you, but I get plenty of awesomeness from ONE gender.

Well...I guess not as much as i'd like. I AM married.

*rim shot*

Yeeeeeah.

But seriously, all the Bi people I know are annoying about it, like "I'm Bi! DEAL with it! I wanna fuck you! No?! You don't want that?! Homophobe! I'm BI!!! BIIIII!!!"

Of course, I come from a town that voted to expand the wrestling and football programs with the excess 5 MILLION than build a skatepark for 500,000...so...Lot of "Daddy" issues.

no particular order

Sonic Youth

Bob Dylan

Jay-Z

Bjork

David Bowie

Marc Bolan

Cam'ron

Tom Waits

Outkast

Wu-Tang Clan

Replace Bolan, Cam and Youth with Beatles, Sublime and Pixies and we're pretty much the same.

I didn't go to college.

I have enemies.

I go to orgies.

You're not.

Shame on you for deigning

Also, unrelated to Milky, I gotta go to bat for Lazarus here... kind of. MC Lars is pretty good. I like all sorts of rap. I even like some terrible rap (I have a Cassidy CD.) Anyway, Lars has good beats and pretty fun rhymes. His best shit is when he samples shamelessly, like when he samples Supergrass on "Ahab" and Iggy and the Stooges on "Download This Song" and of course, the Tetris theme on "21 Concepts." However, he can be insufferable on some shit, like "Hot Topic Is Not Punk Rock" and "Dialogue" Feat. Ill Bill. Maybe I hate Hot Topic because I went to a Lars/Frontalot show and a bunch of people were singing along to Hot Topic is Not Punk Rock, while wearing shit from Hot Topic. Oh, Generic Crunk Rap is annoying, too. Crunk is fun... calling it out for being stupid only weakens Nerdcore's base, imho.

I didn't go to college.

I have enemies.

I go to orgies.

You're not.

Also, unrelated to Milky, I gotta go to bat for Lazarus here... kind of. MC Lars is pretty good. I like all sorts of rap. I even like some terrible rap (I have a Cassidy CD.) Anyway, Lars has good beats and pretty fun rhymes. His best shit is when he samples shamelessly, like when he samples Supergrass on "Ahab" and Iggy and the Stooges on "Download This Song" and of course, the Tetris theme on "21 Concepts." However, he can be insufferable on some shit, like "Hot Topic Is Not Punk Rock" and "Dialogue" Feat. Ill Bill. Maybe I hate Hot Topic because I went to a Lars/Frontalot show and a bunch of people were singing along to Hot Topic is Not Punk Rock, while wearing shit from Hot Topic. Oh, Generic Crunk Rap is annoying, too. Crunk is fun... calling it out for being stupid only weakens Nerdcore's base, imho.

nerdcore? how fucking ridiculous. you sound like an ass even repeating such an inane genre title. you should be ashamed.

I didn't go to college.

I have enemies.

I go to orgies.

You're not.

nerdcore? how fucking ridiculous. you sound like an ass even repeating such an inane genre title. you should be ashamed.

Hey, I didn't name it. "Shoegazer" is a retarded name. "Rock and Roll" is also a retarded name, when you think about it. What would you rather have me say, word pope? I really like "That Particular Genre of Do It Yourself Hip-Hop Where Suburban Guys Rap About Suburban Things And Includes Such Standard Bearers As MC Paul Barmen, MC Frontalot and MC Lars"? Because that takes a lot more time, and I'm not willing to do that. Don't be a cunt.

Guest College Party

Was that you or Gene that wanted to pursue a new genre consisting of primal screams and banging rocks called "cavecore"?

EDIT: upon searching, the answer is "yes"

If you go back far enough, all music has roots in... banging rocks together and howling. Or something like that.

That's a forgotten genre. Hey rats, want to start a band? Cavecore.

I'm working on a project which is just banging on rocks and howling. Cavecore.