Would you eat humans?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you turn to cannibalism?

• Absolutely not
    • Only if it were a life and death situation
    • Yes but only if large sums of money were involved
    • I wouldn't have a problem with it
    • La Parka

As inspired by Ted Turner's forsight that Global Warming will increase the Earth's temperature by 8 degrees within 30-40 years, killing all crops and forcing humans to eat each other to survive. I ask you, my fellow TSM posters... Could you resort to cannibalism (now, next week, 30 years from now, whenever)?

And please, this is a discussion on Cannibalism, not Global Warming or how big of nutjob Ted Turner is.

As for myself, I could probably do it without any money. Ive eaten weird stuff before many times, though not on the disgusting level that fear factor was the standard for, but really human flesh wouldn't be a disgusting as cow testicles or something like that.

Putting this in general. We don't post about which kind of shit tastes the best in the food folder, so, yeah, this shouldn't be there either.

And if I was starving to death, hell yes, I would.

Putting this in general. We don't post about which kind of shit tastes the best in the food folder, so, yeah, this shouldn't be there either.

And if i was going to die without food, hell yes, I would.

Well it'll probably get seen more in General but it probably was just fine in Food.

Guest (Loggins Name)

I'm sorry, but the idea of this in the Food Folder is really funny.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't eat animal meat in general besides fish, so I still wouldn't eat human.

Although, since human meat tastes (reportedly) very similar to pork, that probably wouldn't bother a whole lot of people.

Depends. Cannibalism is my fetish, but I'm a moral fuck too. I'd probably target another cannibal, with the excuse that they killed a human being and shouldn't be left alive. Or any other major criminal, for that matter.

This (well, one of mine ... certainly not the only one).

I'd turn to cannibalism now if I thought that I could get away with it. I wouldn't eat dudes, though, I'm not gay or anything. And probably not old people; they smell bad, so I presume that they'd taste kind of funky.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Shit. Now that you mention it niskie, I'm much more likely to encounter a male major criminal than female. May have to lower my standards to useless women.

in b4 "steady supply, lol"

I think my target livestock would be females, preferably between the ages of 18 & 28. They would have to be childless. Drug & disease free. Not too fat, but certainly not just skin & bones, either. I don't think that I'd limit myself to just one race or religion; variety is the spice of life.

So, I guess the people I'd eat would be pretty comparable to the people that I'd fuck.

You two will have to fight to the death to see who eats La Parka. Unless one of you lets the other one eat him and then eat he who ate La Parka.

Oh yeah, you best believe I'd be canniballin'. If I did it long enough, I'd probably have human stock to breed and eat.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

If you eat La Parka, you'll vomit jagged metal bits and die.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

In a starvation situation, I can't see how someone wouldn't turn to cannibalism. That's meat!

Even in a metaphysical sense, isn't the body just a vessel for the soul? After death, the person's essence goes on to the hereafter, leaving the carcass to whatever has the opportunity to devour it.

human meat tastes (reportedly) very similar to pork

I've heard it said it tastes similar to pretty much every kind of meat. Meaning: Meat generally all tastes about the same.

My nihilistic world view means that I wouldn't give a shit about eating people.

niskie is also making me consider the Three Stooges syndrome of fetishism. (Not regarding him specifically, but it did make me think of it.)

If you're straight, and want to eat women, but also omnivorous and into bestiality of the participatory nature, does this then obligate you to eat female animals? This is why I decided fuck it, I'll do whatever. Otherwise all your fetishes can't fit through the door.

I can't really sexualize cannibalism, though. Meat is just meat, and I don't get a boner eating a hamburger, so...

Guest Vitamin X
human meat tastes (reportedly) very similar to pork
I've heard it said it tastes similar to pretty much every kind of meat. Meaning: Meat generally all tastes about the same.

I'd say fish, poultry, beef, and pork have very distinct tastes. With that view, you could also argue that most, if not all, vegetables generally taste the same

as well, which isn't true.

But it does make sense that human meat would taste most similar to pork, since it would be the flesh from a well-fed smaller mammal, and it'd have a white meat taste to it, despite the skin color, since it's generally not as fatty and thick as most red meats are.

In a starvation situation, I can't see how someone wouldn't turn to cannibalism. That's meat!

Even in a metaphysical sense, isn't the body just a vessel for the soul? After death, the person's essence goes on to the hereafter, leaving the carcass to whatever has the opportunity to devour it.

Well most of the metaphysical problem would lay on the eater, not on the eaten. You know, tainting your soul with the sin of cannibalism...

Hey doesn't Christianity believe in the resurrection of the soul and the body? If you eat those of that faith, do you deny them their chance at life after death?

Maybe you can transubstantiate the "body" into a communion wafer, then eat the corpse, and then put the wafer in a little afterlife reference folder that says "THIS IS EL BRUJO NOW." Catholics are on to something.

The meat off the guy that got cooked and eaten in Doomsday actually looked pretty tasty. Like a nicely cooked pork roast, actually; maybe they read the same references that VX read.

I wonder what temperature human has to be cooked to in order to be safe to eat? I have to deal with cooking ground beef to 160 to kill e coli. Pork used to have to be cooked in order to avoid trichinosis but you can probably eat it raw now and have no parasites.

Trichinosis, thank you Marvin!

I was having an argument with someone at work about how kosher laws were derived from primitive food storage and preparation techniques, and I couldn't remember the bad thing about uncooked pork... I knew it started with a T, though.