60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best for business?

• Brian Kendrick
    • Chavo Guerrero

wrestlemania_22_11_470x360.jpg

Height: 5 foot 9

Weight: 210 pounds

Signature Move: Gory Bomb, Frog Splash

Career Highlights: ECW Champion, WCW & WWE Cruiserweight Champion; WWE Tag Team Champion

brain-kendrick.jpg

Height: 5 foot 8

Weight: 175 pounds

Signature Move: Sliced Bread No. 2; Dr. Smoothe’s Secret Recipe (Corner Backflip Dropkick)

Career Highlights: WWE Tag Team Championship w/ Paul London

Here is something I am going to try. Continuing with the weekly threads, each week I will pair up a RAW superstar against a SD (including ECW) superstar. Who do you think is the better overall wrestler? This includes workrate, promo skills, marketability, charisma, future potential. You do not have to go off their current place on the card, or current gimmick. You are welcome to look towards the future, and what they have to offer to the WWE.

I'll keep score, and eventually we'll know which brand reigns surpreme... or something.

If this thread is a failure, it will be the only of its kind.

Of course, last but not least - please do not just vote, but discuss your answer.

Guys like Chavo are an important part of the business, but he'll never make the company money. He great in his current role, and has been for years, though. Barring any kind of drug related issues, I can see him staying with the company for the rest of his career. As an on-screen wrestler, though, he's at the highest level he'll ever really be right now. His tag title reigns with Eddie, fueds with Eddy/Rey, and his ECW title run will probably end up being his career highlights.

Kendrick, on the other hand, has a ton of potential. His lack of size will always be detrimental to any future pushes he may receive, but much like both Rockers he could easily make it big in WWE. He can talk and he can wrestle, it's just a matter of the company getting behind him. I'm just not sure if it will ever happen.

I just don't see it with Chavo. I don't think he's been that good since the Los Guerrero's days. He's just been so boring in his matches with Punk. He won't ever get pass the "Eddie's Nephew" stigma no matter how much the WWE tries to push him.

I was really disappointed when they put London/Kenrick on Raw. They were the highlights of Smackdown for weeks in 06/07. He takes a good beating on Raw and does well with London. I"m liking the sudden push they are getting now as they have a bit of an edge now.

So I'm going to pick Kendrick.

Chavo, in my opinon he's just the better worker.

(Side question: You didn't include ECW title in Chavo's highlights. How come?)

I just copied those from their bios on WWE.com ... I guess they haven't updated them.

I picked Chavo as well. I think he's good in the ring and on the mic. If they pushed him as a cocky heel, I think he would make it as champ one day. Being Eddie's nephew hinders him because people expect him to be as charasmatic as Eddie was. If he didn't have that stigma, I think alot more people would be getting behind him.

Although Kendrick has potential, I don't see him ever getting more than tag/cruiser titles in the WWE. He will most likely end up in the indies/TNA, IMO.

Chavo by a mile he's an awesome midcarder, can have a lot of range with his character, a very good worker, and is skilled at drawing heat. His reign as ECW Champion was my favorite behind Big Show and Vince. He's the best heel on the ECW brand, with the only exception being Miz/Morrison probably. I like him being in the title picture and being the #2 guy in La Familial. I don't think him or Spanky will ever be a main event caliber player, but if I had to choose between the 2 Chavo would be a pretty easy choice.

Chavo, quite easily. Very adaptable, works well against all types, carries himself well in segments and promos.

Still haven't worked out why people cream themselves so much over mighty midgets Kendrick and London, who seem to have no personality nor mic ability.

Chavo, quite easily. Very adaptable, works well against all types, carries himself well in segments and promos.

Still haven't worked out why people cream themselves so much over mighty midgets Kendrick and London, who seem to have no personality nor mic ability.

Granted, he's clearly ripping off Men On A Mission, but at least he tried. This was before Cena was over huge, so for that kind of reaction for a one-off unscheduled promo in the midcard....I'll disagree with you on that front.

I voted Kendrick. Both guys are small, but Kendrick plays a better face and subsequently has the tiny-face-in-peril that Mysterio's done so well throughout his WWE career. Chavo seems better suited to be a manager, because for some reason people don't buy into chicken-shit heels when the heel appears to legitimately have a reason to be chicken-shit.

I don't think you could have matched up 2 people that I could care less about in the company.

I've been thinking about it and I really can't decide who to vote for.

I don't think either one offers that much to be quite honest.

Chavo always strikes me as the guy who's going to have decent matches with guys who have better matches with everyone else. He's bland.

Kendrick would be great as a highflying tag guy...if that mattered at all to the company.

I'm flipping a coin:

It came up heads...but I forgot to asign heads to anything...

I'll just vote for Kendrick because if I never saw another Chavo match...it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Doesn't really seem like all that fair a comparison in the potential department since Chavo's been around for so long, but I always thought Spanky had the potential to be big with the right push. He's got pretty good charisma and he seemed to be getting over pretty well during his initial WWE run. Like people have said, the biggest problem with him is his size. I'd choose him over Chavo on the basis of that alone.

Chavo wins this in a cake walk. I cant see Kendrick ever being an established singles wrestler (Paul London has more of a shot but not by much) and as long as the WWF doesnt care about the Tag Team division he's not going to do anything beyond being the -rick part of Londrick and have decent tag matches that no one really cares about.

Marketability was mentioned..Chavo has the Warrior shirt which looks pretty cool. do they even sell the masks that London/Kendrick come out with on? And I cant even say theres a comparison on promos since I dont think Ive ever heard Kendrick speak unless it was a quick "omg he can talk" moment.

Is this going to be a tournament or something?

Ha. I went with Chavo because he's Hispanic, and Eddie Guerrero is his uncle and shit.

No, really.

And until Kendrick gives me something as entertaining as Pepe in the wood chipper, or a Los Guerreros skit, or some of the matches Chavo had in WCW, or in the SD 6, then I gotta go with Chavito, holmes.

Marvin picking Chavo affirms that I made the correct choice picking Kendrick.

...hey look...Truthiness picked Chavo too...

Kendrick is DEFINITELY the correct answer...

Yeah, you picked wong.

Chavo has the worst frog splash I've ever seen by a wrestler at that level; I don't know why he won't go back to the Tornado DDT... But I still put him over Kendrick. Whatever mythical potential Kendrick has is completely over my head. I certainly don't see him as the next Shawn Michaels; if anything, I see him more like the next Justin Credible... maybe. Would I take Justin Credible over Chavo? No, I would not.

I think that the biggest knock on Chavo is that he never really got out from under Eddy's shadow before Eddy died, and now he's never going to be seen as anything other than Eddy's nephew (as someone else mentioned earlier). This, however, does not equate to Chavo not being useful, and to me, Chavo is just big enough and his offense is just credible enough to be seen as a borderline threat to beat the upper midcard wrestlers. Kendrick, to me, is too light in the ass to be seen as a threat, and the one move in his arsenal that seems dangerous requires too much setup time to be taken seriously.

Frankly, I can't see either as a star. But, if I were starting a promotion from scratch, I'd hire a guy like Chavo before hiring a guy like Kendrick.

I just don't see it with Chavo. I don't think he's been that good since the Los Guerrero's days. He's just been so boring in his matches with Punk. He won't ever get pass the "Eddie's Nephew" stigma no matter how much the WWE tries to push him.

I was really disappointed when they put London/Kenrick on Raw. They were the highlights of Smackdown for weeks in 06/07. He takes a good beating on Raw and does well with London. I"m liking the sudden push they are getting now as they have a bit of an edge now.

So I'm going to pick Kendrick.

Thats pretty much the way how I view it... I use to like Chavo to, but now he's just stale to me. He hasn't been interesting for years. Where as Kendrick always entertains me in his matches, even when he is squashed.

If WWE let Kendrick talk or do anything of any significance, I'm pretty sure he would be ten times as over as Chavo, who will always be solid but never deliver anything memorable.

I hate to be all ROHbot, but really, those dismissing Kendrick should check out his work there to see what he's capable of.

Marvin picking Chavo affirms that I made the correct choice picking Kendrick.

...hey look...Truthiness picked Chavo too...

Kendrick is DEFINITELY the correct answer...

HEY!....I voted for Chavo too.

Chavo is great.

Kendrick is great and also highly marketable, if only Vince got over his size fetish long enough to see that girls (and a few guys) are attracted to the cute dude next door type. Jeff Hardy would not have hit merch gold if he looked like a bodybuilder. If they allowed Kendrick to talk and be himself, you'd have this goofy, cartoon character immature type who would be a hit with both kids and girls, which are the two boats WWE seems to miss out on, or only goes after once the ship has already sailed.