TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Promo: "The Ghost Inside"

Promo: “The Ghost Inside”

-------------------------------------------

The scene opens up inside the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts several hours after SWF Downward Spiral has taken place. Inside his office, SWF Commissioner Landon Maddix sits on the edge of his desk, leaning over poor Sally the Production Intern. Sally stares blankly up at Maddix, who continues on with his story, unaware of the pretty interns yawning.

“…So then he kicks the door straight off the hinges and the first thing I think is, ‘well, there goes next month’s budget’. Is it really that hard for people to knock around here, you know?”

“You told me this story earlier, Mr. Maddix.”

“Oh, Sally…I love it when you call me ‘Mr. Maddix’. Would you like some Pepsi MAX©?”

“No, sir.”

“You sure? It’s refreshingly delicious.”

Landon picks up a can off his desk and takes a swig. “You know, you’re really cute to be an intern…”

“Um…Mr. Maddix...”

Sally the Production Intern nods her head past Landon. The Commissioner turns around and standing there in the open doorway (considering there is no door there, anymore) is the New Straight Edge Sensation, “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins.

“Of all the people in this company to show up, it’s you?”

Leaning up against the doorway, Jenkins peels back the hood from his black sweatshirt. “The one and only.”

“I think I better go,” says Sally the Production Intern as she quickly rises out of her seat and past Landon. Landon puts a hand out to stop her, but she is already sliding past the Hollywood Superstar and out of the room.

“She was cute,” Jenkins says with a sly grin.

“Yeah, she is,” grumbles Maddix. The Commissioner hops off his desk and into his chair. “Well, considering you just interrupted an important business meeting…what can I do for you?”

Jenkins walks into the room and takes a seat across from Landon.

“I want you to book me for the next show.”

“Really now?” Landon eyes the Straight Edger as he plays around with a stack of papers. “…And how is your neck feeling?”

“My neck is fine. Thanks for asking.” Jenkins rolls his eyes back as he slumps down in the chair.

“I’m just saying…Va’aiga looked like he almost killed you with that lariat…again!”

“Well, from what I’ve seen earlier tonight, Va’aiga finally got what was coming to him.”

“If I find out you had anything to do with that…”

Jenkins sits up in his chair and waves his hands in an innocent manner. “I had nothing to do with it, honest.”

“Good. Because of that, Va’aiga came in here before and kicked…”

“Whoa, whoa! Let me stop you right there.”

Maddix pauses abruptly. He stares at the Straight Edger, waiting for him to continue.

“…Well?”

“What?”

“Usually after you say, ‘let me stop you right there,’ you follow it up with why you are stopping the other person.”

“Oh, I just wanted you to stop because I don’t really care about what happened to your door.”

Maddix leans over and places his hand against his forehead. “Jesus…who do you want a match against?”

“Obviously, I want you to put me in the title match between Michael Alexander and Insane Luchador.”

Maddix looks up at Jenkins with the most bewildered look on his face. “WHAT?”

“Yeah, I think I deserve a World Title shot.”

“…Are you kidding me?”

“In all honesty, who do you think deserves a World Title shot more than me?”

“…Insane Luchador…and about half the roster.”

“…Which half?”

“Dear God, why do you torture me?” cries Landon. The Commissioner takes a deep breath before looking up at Jenkins. “Okay, Spike. I’ll give you a match, but it won’t be a World Title match.”

“You know what, that’s fine. Put me in the ring against anybody on the roster and I’ll beat them, easy!”

“Okay, you have S.I.N.”

The New Straight Edge Sensation doesn’t even miss a beat. “Anybody but him.”

“Why not him?”

“Because he’s part of that other half of the roster we were just talking about.”

“Damn it, Spike! You want a match, you have one! Now get out of here!”

“But I can’t wrestle S.I.N. He’s from the Bronx!”

“…What does that have to do with anything?” asks a confused Commissioner.

“I’m from Long Island.”

“…So?” replies Maddix, who is still missing the point.

“I can’t get involved with people from the Bronx, much less the SOUTH Bronx.”

Landon scratches the top of his head, still confused. “I’m afraid I’m not following.”

“Wow, you really aren’t a New Yorker.”

“…I’m from South Dakota.”

“S.I.N. and I are on two different New York levels. I’m from Long Island…Nassau County, representing the 516. That’s all the way at the top. He is from the Bronx. That is almost as bad as being from Staten Island.”

“What is wrong with Staten Island?” asks Maddix.

Spike blankly stares at the Commissioner, before snapping back to reality. “You know what? Instead of me explaining to you the whole dynamics of New York City, just give me a different opponent.”

“…Or I can book you against S.I.N.”

“Come on, Landon! Why would you do that?”

“Because you chased away Sally. I was this close!” Maddix uses his fingers to show how close he was to scoring with the young intern.

Jenkins jumps out of the chair and heads towards the doorway.

”You know what? Fine! I’ll beat S.I.N.,” Jenkins says as he walks out of the office. “And I’m going to go hit on that intern, too!”

That shit was both good, and funny. "He's part of that other half of the roster" and "let me stop you" both had me laughing.

And your door. Like I've said, we're taking that on tour.

Sign in to follow this