TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The 2008 NFL Draft Thread.

We drafted Boller trying to get a bargain. We were going for a serviceable QB who we could pay LESS for. That's the key with Ozzie he always wants em cheap. That's why he brings in cheap shitty free agent offensive linemen.

BOLLER was easy to see he was a terrible move to draft him. Everyone knew that at the time and BILLICK'S handling of him led to sure failure.

But now it's new and it's time to set it right.

Well, I've noticed one big difference between NFL Network and ESPN.

NFL Network allows their to be silence and let's us just take in a scene. On ESPN Chris Berman's fat mouth is yapping at all times.

Okay, ten minutes of my life saved because the Dolphins take Long immediately.

I'm guessing the rest of the order for the Top 10 beyond the Longs goes:

3. Falcons - Ryan

4. Raiders - McFadden

5. Chiefs - Dorsey

6. Jets - Gholston

7. Patriots - Albert

8. Ravens - Clady

9. Bengals - Rivers

10. Saints - Ellis

I won't make an edit here - just wanna see how wrong/right I am after all these weeks of mock drafts.

Look at the grin on his face, on the phone!

That's either some good phone sex, or he's just got a few millions in his bank account.

So Ravens trade down?

Seriously why are the Jets fans happy with that pick? I wouldn't have been. Seemed more a pick to spite the Patriots than a pick to really help the team.

I think you just answered your own question.

Ok New England traded their pick to New Orleans. I see so far they kept their 10th pick, so what did New England get in return? Nevermind. 7 for 10 swap.

Patriots get: 1st Round (#10) and 3rd Round

Saints get: 1st Round (#7) and 5th Round

But I noticed they had Dallas in the #10 spots for a few minutes...could have just been an error though as it's gone now, but I don't know, just something I noticed.

You know, the Ravens did a smart thing here. They knew now that Ryan was gone, there was no QB worth taking at 8, but now they can take the 2nd best quarterback in the late 20s, and pay him cheaper than if they took him at 8. Plus they probably get a decent extra pick out of it.

Rivers seems like a good pick for the Bengals(i assume they're picking him because he was just celebrating).

Oh and we got to see Mel's first bout of righteous indignation after the Derrick Harvey pick. Luckily he didn't completely flip like he has in the past.

Can things get much worse for the Bungles?

? Rivers is a great pick. I don't know what you're talking about there.

Maybe he's talking about how they wanted Ellis?

Can things get much worse for the Bungles?

? Rivers is a great pick. I don't know what you're talking about there.

Ellis is who they wanted and it seems like half their team are demanding trades.

Wow. FOUR picks for the Ravens just for Jacksonville to have the "privilege" of drafting Harvey. Crazy.

edit: Kahran, the truth is, Rivers is the better defender anyways. They aren't going to lose sleep over this pick. The half of team wanting trades thing though, yeah that is bad.

As a Bengals fan, I'm going to hate on the Saints for a good while.

I really cannot stress how much I was hoping the Bengals would be able to get Sedrick Ellis.

That was actually cheaper than I thought for the Jags to move up that much. But given there was no one on the board, save the money and stockpile the picks.

The one problem I see for the Ravens is that they have now set the floor if another team wants to get back in for a QB. Any team wanting back into round 1 has to get above 26 and that might screw the Ravens up.

That was actually cheaper than I thought for the Jags to move up that much. But given there was no one on the board, save the money and stockpile the picks.

The one problem I see for the Ravens is that they have now set the floor if another team wants to get back in for a QB. Any team wanting back into round 1 has to get above 26 and that might screw the Ravens up.

4 Picks for 1 in the same draft is cheap? Well alright if you say so...

4 Picks for 1 in the same draft is cheap? Well alright if you say so...

Using "the chart"

#8 overall - 1600 pt

#26 - 700 points

#71 - 235

#89 - 145

#125 - 47

= 1127

I figured moving up that much would at least include their second rounder, if not next year's 1st.

Given the lack of a player on the board at the time, plus the depth of this draft getting less value isn't a problem just kinda surprising.

Jacksonville isn't stupid. They know Baltimore really had no one to draft in that spot. They aren't going to give up a ransom just to move up. In fact I think it was a generous enough offer considering how public the Ravens' needs are.

Poor DeAngelo Williams. I like Stewart, but Williams can't catch a break.

The way this is going one of those OTs might actually slip to 19 so there is no threat of the Eagles reaching for Cherilus, which would be awesome.